March Motor Trend features CTS-V in "First Look" - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, March Motor Trend features CTS-V in "First Look" in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; It seems we've come full circle in this forum. I got blasted in a different thread for pointing out that ...
    Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: March Motor Trend features CTS-V in "First Look"

It seems we've come full circle in this forum. I got blasted in a different thread for pointing out that the 2008 CTS has had no problems with falling sail panels, flaking buttons or any of the other silly quality goofs that the 1st gen CTS did, and the point still remains:

From a quality of assembly, fit and finish and quality of materials standpoint, the 2nd gen CTS (and therefore the V, by relation) are already a resounding success. Every magazine out there has been blown away by the quality and fit/finish, so there's nothing to worry about with the V in this regard.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    It seems we've come full circle in this forum. I got blasted in a different thread for pointing out that the 2008 CTS has had no problems with falling sail panels, flaking buttons or any of the other silly quality goofs that the 1st gen CTS did, and the point still remains:

From a quality of assembly, fit and finish and quality of materials standpoint, the 2nd gen CTS (and therefore the V, by relation) are already a resounding success. Every magazine out there has been blown away by the quality and fit/finish, so there's nothing to worry about with the V in this regard.
    Not sure how you can say that with confidence until production units are in the hands of customers. I mean yeah, it certainly looks promising but...

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

CTS is already out.

For over six months.

As far as fit/finsh and quality, the differences between the CTS and V are elementary. Same sail panels, same dash, same nav, same door handles....we know that these items are top shelf. The only real X-factor is the drivetrain, as that's the only major change.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    For over six months.

As far as fit/finsh and quality, the differences between the CTS and V are elementary. Same sail panels, same dash, same nav, same door handles....we know that these items are top shelf. The only real X-factor is the drivetrain, as that's the only major change.
    Yeah, I suppose that's true with respect to interior parts etc. that ARE carry over from the base car. I guess I'm more concerned about the whole package and mostly the items that are either unique to the "V" or items that will garner different reactions from "performance" minded owners.

lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

What do you want to bet that Lutz' comment wasn't based on 0-60 or 1/4 mile times, but rather on best lap times around the Ring for the mules and/or pre-prods? If so, that would be perfect in my book: power+handling=f u c k an M5.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

GM can't afford a missfire here. So you can bet there won't be. GM and its engineers know the failures of V1, replaying them over and over again serves no purpose. (did I just type that?). I'm confident that GM has addressed ALL of the issues and will deliver the trifecta quality, performance and value.

Quick, someone call the police and report that CVP has been kidnapped and replaced by an evil clone!

Just kidding- I couldn't agree more.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

"In fact, the goal of the CTS-V is to be the fastest 8-cylinder production sedan in the world."

That is from the first paragraph of the Product Info page after clicking on '09 V Series from Cadillac.com

Does that mean Cadillac is leaving themselves an out, in the event that the doors on the BMW's V-10 M5 or the V-12s from MBZ remain securely attached the body?

Just askin'

Dave's V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

For the V to compete against V-10s and V-12s is an accomplishment. Usually it is the imports that have less number of cylinders.

I know the new CTS has great reviews and I'm hoping those quality problems mentioned don't show up in 6 months. That would leave the potential customers with no confidence. I don't believe they will make the same mistakes again also. That is why I think their performance stats will be conservative at first. Their mistake would be saying the car can get to 60 in x seconds and then practically no one in the world can achieve that stat without increasing the chances of damaging the power train.

I only wish they can fix the dealers (at least some of them also). I don't need to be told I'm abusing a car because the tires are wearing out at around 14k which was quite high for run craps on the V1 from what I have seen on this site or a rear axle that sounded like junk but is "normal".

Quote Originally Posted by OldRoadDawg View Post
    "In fact, the goal of the CTS-V is to be the fastest 8-cylinder production sedan in the world."

That is from the first paragraph of the Product Info page after clicking on '09 V Series from Cadillac.com

Does that mean Cadillac is leaving themselves an out, in the event that the doors on the BMW's V-10 M5 or the V-12s from MBZ remain securely attached the body?

Just askin'
    LOL!!!
    I think you got a point my man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's V View Post
    For the V to compete against V-10s and V-12s is an accomplishment. Usually it is the imports that have less number of cylinders.

I know the new CTS has great reviews and I'm hoping those quality problems mentioned don't show up in 6 months. That would leave the potential customers with no confidence. I don't believe they will make the same mistakes again also. That is why I think their performance stats will be conservative at first. Their mistake would be saying the car can get to 60 in x seconds and then practically no one in the world can achieve that stat without increasing the chances of damaging the power train.

I only wish they can fix the dealers (at least some of them also). I don't need to be told I'm abusing a car because the tires are wearing out at around 14k which was quite high for run craps on the V1 from what I have seen on this site or a rear axle that sounded like junk but is "normal".
    But they DID originally go on record with a 4.8 0-60 on Gen. 1 cars, and it was for the most part, a solid number. I've seen test data showing slightly higher and lower numbers.
    As for the Gen. 2 base CTS, I just read an article in Consumer Reports that basically gave it great reviews. A couple issues they didn't like were, A/C vents mounted too low on the dash, no "flash-to-pass" feature w/bi-xenon lamps, and no fold-down rear seats but overall they really seemed to like it.
    I for one find myself asking whether Cadillac severely cut into "V" market customers by offering the DI engine car. It's overall performance, while substantially below the "V" should be more than sufficient for most customers.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post
    It's overall performance, while substantially below the "V" should be more than sufficient for most customers.
    I doubt that highly. The only ones I could see settling for a CTS would be the ones who couldn't afford a V. The difference in the Gen I CTS and V was too great. No doubt the new CTS is all the more potent, but so is the V.

There may be plenty who'd like to own a V. But I doubt that there is very many who cross shop the two...

Yeah, I realize that. I'm just wondering whether the new CTS w/DI V6 will be potent enough for all but the MOST hard-core. Gen. 1 base car was nothing compared to this DI-powered car. Granted, the new V is much more powerful too but then it's a good deal heavier and more expensive as well. I mean, I can buy a brand new '07 CTS-V for $10,000 less than the expected base price of the Gen. 2. I know because I just got quotes from a local dealer today. The point was just that although the new V is definitely a monster, is it TOO MUCH of a monster for most of the customers out there? I really had no idea the DI engine was so powerful.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post
    Yeah, I realize that. I'm just wondering whether the new CTS w/DI V6 will be potent enough for all but the MOST hard-core. Gen. 1 base car was nothing compared to this DI-powered car. Granted, the new V is much more powerful too but then it's a good deal heavier and more expensive as well. I mean, I can buy a brand new '07 CTS-V for $10,000 less than the expected base price of the Gen. 2. I know because I just got quotes from a local dealer today. The point was just that although the new V is definitely a monster, is it TOO MUCH of a monster for most of the customers out there? I really had no idea the DI engine was so powerful.
    You'll see Gen I V owners buying a DI CTS, but only to wait until the V comes out. Or then they go elsewhere. StealthV is looking at one, but only because he doesn't have the V anymore.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.