Mods = Hp
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Mods = Hp in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; What Mods Are You Guys Going To Do To The 09 V? And Which Mod Will Probably Give The Most ...
    Kidhummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Mods = Hp

What Mods Are You Guys Going To Do To The 09 V? And Which Mod Will Probably Give The Most Hp?

I Personally Think That A Pully Change, Tune, Exhaust And Headers Is A Must.

Also, Is It Possible To Change The Supercharger On The V To The Same One Used On The Corvette Zr1? Or Is The Lack Of Forged Pistons Going To Present A Problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MauiV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tis Gone :(

Re: Mods = Hp

If you change the blower your going to have to change all the internals that GM did too IMO. The titanium rods, exhaust manifold etc were made that way to accept the higher pressure from the LS9. I think they only share 25% of components.

Im sure its gonna get costly to replicate the LS9 engine and there is a reason the price tags are $30K apart.

The mag ride may make suspension mods damn pricey too.

But hey, at least the damn thing is gonna have 5 lug rims!!

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

From what I've read, a pulley change is not possible, and as far as other mods go, my guess is that there won't be a lot of power to gain by simple means. Yeah, intake & exhaust mods might net you 20hp if you're lucky, and there "might" be a few ponies in a tune but I'm not betting on it. The PCM tune on this puppy will be elaborate and I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a lot of power there either. Will be interesting to see some dyno testing data.
    I think the days of free horsepower being found in PCM tunes is long gone, at least compared to a few years ago anyway. Again, it'll be fun to see what tuners come up with, without having to dig into the engine at least.
    I have a funny feeling that the biggest performance gains will be found via weight-reduction.

HushH is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Nada

I seem to recall in an article the use of a very mild cam to keep it "civil". A cam swap may end up yielding the best results if this is the case.

I'd be surprised if there's very much weight savings to be had without the removal of alot of the upgrades over the 1st gen V. If you want to go that route, you may be better off doing an engine swap in a 1st gen.

wrazor1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 V, MT, Thunder Gray, Corsa (very soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post
    From what I've read, a pulley change is not possible, and as far as other mods go, my guess is that there won't be a lot of power to gain by simple means. Yeah, intake & exhaust mods might net you 20hp if you're lucky, and there "might" be a few ponies in a tune but I'm not betting on it. The PCM tune on this puppy will be elaborate and I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a lot of power there either. Will be interesting to see some dyno testing data.
    I think the days of free horsepower being found in PCM tunes is long gone, at least compared to a few years ago anyway. Again, it'll be fun to see what tuners come up with, without having to dig into the engine at least.
    I have a funny feeling that the biggest performance gains will be found via weight-reduction.
    I find myself agreeing with you quite a bit. I think we've both posted about the weight of this car. My question would be what options are there for shedding pounds?

I've also seen a ton of folks saying a pulley change will most likely be out of the question but I do have more confidence that tuning has some decent potential.

It's possible that a tune may net something, but I'm unsure as to just how much . I mean if a pulley swap WAS an option, then sure but I'm just not sure how much you're going to be able to play with this one. Like I said, I will be VERY interested to see the first reports from tuners after a little dyno time.

The Tony Show is online now See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

The pulley is integral to the jackshaft on the supercharger, but that won't stop somebody from putting an overdrive pulley on the crankshaft. Since the pulley will use a dedicated belt, all it would take is for someone to manufacture a clone of the crank pulley but increase the size of the section the SC belt rides on.

Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    The pulley is integral to the jackshaft on the supercharger, but that won't stop somebody from putting an overdrive pulley on the crankshaft. Since the pulley will use a dedicated belt, all it would take is for someone to manufacture a clone of the crank pulley but increase the size of the section the SC belt rides on.

Is there sufficient room for it?

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

JATO bottle.

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

There will be a limit on crank pulley size both in size and the effects of slowing down everything that runs on the belt. Sounds like there will be 3 belts: ac, accessories, and the blower running off one big pulley. Engineering at it's finest!

Slow things too much and the alternator will spin too low or the power steering pump will not keep up with steering.

8" serpentine belts, they are common...right!

The Tony Show is online now See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Like I said- only enlarge the part of the pulley that the SC belt rides on. From the profile it would look like this (of course, it may not ride in the middle but on either end, but you get the idea).
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Something that runs through a tubers mind for this package and the ZR-1 is a crank pulley redesign and a new SC snout that will allow pulley swaps. Look to over $5,000 like the Ford GT.

http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/...oducts_id=1845

But in the end the SC stuff will be removed and twin turbos be installed for around $8,000 and be done. This setup will be removing 100 lbs from the top of the engine and lower center of gravity in the process.

Norm

CVP33 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

CTS!
    3M Clear bra.

Nothing else for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    CTS!
    3M Clear bra.

Probably a smart move. I mean DAMN isn't it fast enough already?

SRT8/BMW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    CTS!
    3M Clear bra.

ditto! with 550/550 and a car that looks that nice, I need nothing more. The oportunities to use those ponies will be rare.

If you happen to go the track..you are going to have a stock sedan running low 12s. If your playing on the street and get an opportunity to have a safe run with someone..your likely never going to lose to any sedan. what the hell...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.