Mods = Hp - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Mods = Hp in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; A local performance shop by me said that a simple pulley swap and tune is good for close to 100hp. ...
    Kidhummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Mods = Hp

A local performance shop by me said that a simple pulley swap and tune is good for close to 100hp. Then, add a ram air kit, exhaust, headers and you got Z06 performance. Also, 175mph is more than fast enough and im sure no one will be reaching anywhere near those speeds, but out of curiosity, is it possible to make the automatic as fast as the manual? I guess a gear swap is the only way.

Torxila is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1 of 1 Evo Green Coupe 6m, with RB9

Cam/Tune/Long tubes/catback will easily net 80-100rwhp

(auto) Converter and TCU tune & we'll easily be in the 11.50/130ish range on PS2's

George

HPCC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhummer View Post
    ...is it possible to make the automatic as fast as the manual? I guess a gear swap is the only way.
    Probably. At least one of the many reviews stated that the top speed of the automatic equipped cars was capped to limit the maximum output shaft speed of the transmission.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

They make it sound so easy..... I guess time will tell...The automatic is governed by the comp for factory reasons. You dont need a gear swap to make the auto go faster. And "I heard" there are roads in the US that you can test your top speeds if you so choose....

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhummer View Post
    A local performance shop by me said that a simple pulley swap and tune is good for close to 100hp. Then, add a ram air kit, exhaust, headers and you got Z06 performance. Also, 175mph is more than fast enough and im sure no one will be reaching anywhere near those speeds, but out of curiosity, is it possible to make the automatic as fast as the manual? I guess a gear swap is the only way.

lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

A6

Black

Powdercoat grill and chrome

!CTS

Tint

Clear bra

Sound system TBD

Fuzzy dice

Full stop

HPCC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    ...The automatic is governed by the comp for factory reasons.
    Car and Driver said it was to protect the transmission by limiting the output shaft speed.
    You dont need a gear swap to make the auto go faster...
    So how would you protect the tranny?

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

There are measures that you can take, from mechanical changes and software changes, that one could make to ensure that the transmission is protected. GM does some really interesting things when they try to set the boundries for a given component....But I guess thats why there are companies like ours, so we can figure out all the details and then provide you guys with an easy bolt on or programming option.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by HPCC View Post
    Car and Driver said it was to protect the transmission by limiting the output shaft speed.So how would you protect the tranny?

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

How long until the first dealer sold CTS-V hits 600 hp at the crank? Obviously there must be GM cars that have.

FreddyG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Im sure its gonna get costly to replicate the LS9 engine and there is a reason the price tags are $30K apart.

The mag ride may make suspension mods damn pricey too.

But hey, at least the damn thing is gonna have 5 lug rims!![/QUOTE]

Don't forget the carbon/ceramic brakes! Those are HUUUUUGE money!

I don't think that changing to the 2300 blower would net you much over the 1900, unless you were going to raise the boost quite a bit. If I were to mod one, I'd pulley it down (raise the boost 2-3 psi), put some headers/exhaust on it (what goes in, must come out), a meth injection system (to lower the Intake air temps and keep it from pulling timing when/if it became heat soaked) and a tune (to get everything optimized and "shaking hands")! It'd probably end up around 550- 600 rwhp once everything was said and done. Oh yeah, a trans cooler and an oil cooler too (unless they have them already).

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post
    From what I've read, a pulley change is not possible, and as far as other mods go, my guess is that there won't be a lot of power to gain by simple means. Yeah, intake & exhaust mods might net you 20hp if you're lucky, and there "might" be a few ponies in a tune but I'm not betting on it. The PCM tune on this puppy will be elaborate and I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a lot of power there either. Will be interesting to see some dyno testing data.
    I think the days of free horsepower being found in PCM tunes is long gone, at least compared to a few years ago anyway. Again, it'll be fun to see what tuners come up with, without having to dig into the engine at least.
    I have a funny feeling that the biggest performance gains will be found via weight-reduction.
    I kindly disagree with your pcm assessment!

HP Tuners and EfiLive are probably working on these right now so they can be tuned! As a matter of fact EfiLive is almost done with the ZR1 setup:
    ZR1 tune....................

As far as changing the pulley, someone will figure it out. They always do.

Believe me when I say that the OEM tune is FAR from optimized and picking up 30+ rwhp isn't unheard of on a boosted car. Changing torque management will gain you some too. Not to mention all of the little things that you can change with tuning software, such as fan settings, gear changes, clutch lockups (A6), etc.

I do agree with you on one thing though....I'm looking forward to seeing what the tuners do for these too!

You could always put a little shot of nitrous on it too! Spraying it into the intercooler will have a huge effect on power, since the N20 is so cold that it'll bring intake temps down and keep the charged air cooler! I, personally wouldn't do it, but it's just a thought!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.