New Price Info - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, New Price Info in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; IF the price goes to 70k, I'm back to looking for an E55 pretty soon....
    dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: New Price Info

IF the price goes to 70k, I'm back to looking for an E55 pretty soon.

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

just spoke to the dealership and the sales mgr is maintaining 60-65 for the 09 V. The dealership where I bought my Escalade and SRT8 (no comments) is being allocated 5 Vs.
    I am on the list. Of the 5 cars 1 will be built according to GM and the other 4 are customer builds. He depending on input from Auto show interest, the builds will either commence in June or August. Based upon his 20 years he believes August for Sept delivery.

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Quote Originally Posted by thefly View Post
    not questioning it, but i find hard to believe if that was the case none of the media outlets picked up on that, at $72k it puts it dangerously close to the STS-V.
    there will be no 09 STSv, so they can price it wherever they want w/no benchmark.

F

OneFastCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-v

72k? my dad might not get the new v after all. sucks for me haha. a $20,000 price jump is ridiculous. they should've just dropped in the 7.0l from the z06 and tweaked it a bit for more low end torque.

Dave's V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

$72k will kill the car since the C63 is just slightly more. Cadillac should take advantage with the crappy $$ rate. IMO it isn't worth $12k more then a fully optioned C6. Besides the crappy depreciation of Cadillacs, a Vette or Benz would be worth more in a couple years.

Dr Chill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS, 03 Z06 LS2 408 track car, 07 Q7 tow vehicle

CTS-V video on Cadillac.com CTS-V mini-site says Recaros are an available option.

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

thats over a 30% markup over the previous generation... I call BS...

A few things on pricing in my opinion:

1. Cadillac will price competivly if they want to sell (STS-V anyone?)
    2. I dont think they have the exact price yet (ball park, yes, but set price, no)
    3. Options cost more...

I expect the base (as I have said in other threads) to be low to mid 60s... Options will take it to 70s. But keep in mind there are not THAT many options on this car vs the 08 cts (vs the 07 CTS-V YES)..

Recaros, Tranny, Sunroof, colors, bose, and a few other things.

A car company will only be competitive on the base price... has anyone priced out a BMW with all the stuff they want recently? Its rediculous. Part of what made the 04-07 V great is that there were very FEW options (sunroof, color, block heater were the only ones).... It was a simple purchase.

Reed

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

It would be sweet if the auto were a fairly expensive option.....

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by ctsvett View Post
    A few things on pricing in my opinion:

1. Cadillac will price competivly if they want to sell (STS-V anyone?)
    2. I dont think they have the exact price yet (ball park, yes, but set price, no)
    3. Options cost more...

I expect the base (as I have said in other threads) to be low to mid 60s... Options will take it to 70s.

Reed
    The STS-V didn't quite make the mark in the performance arena vs the competition. The M5 and real AMGs are faster, Cadillac should have produced it at 500HP+. With the 09 V Cadillac has stepped beyond the competition in performance and they will have to play catch up now. However I think we're in the same ballpark in the pricing guess. I've said for months 65K for the car +major options + gas guzzler tax. Even if the base car is 63K the guzzler tax alone will get it to 65K.

neuronbob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

I was in Detroit yesterday and the GM rep manning the CTS-V area said to expect around $62k (not $72k).

I think we should all sit tight and wait for official pricing, Cadillac likely isn't going to say anything official anytime soon.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

$60,000 - Base MSRP
    $745 - Destination
    $1,000 - Sunroof
    $1,900 - 6 speed Automatic w/ paddle shift (same charge in the CTS)
    $2,000 - Performance Package = Recaro Seats, Performance Traction Management (already listed as optional and not standard)
    $995 - Some goofy ass paint - $1,000 (thunder gray, crystal red already upcharges on the current CTS)
    $2,000 - Gas Guzzler Tax

Sunroof seems like a no-brainer as some "purists" will want a solid body, so it must be an option. The auto will be the same charge as the base CTS. We know the recaro seats are optional, but some may have missed that the "Performance Traction Management is in fact an option and not standard. My guess is this will be grouped with the seats to justify a $2,000 upcharge. The special paint codes are already available on the base CTS, again a no-brainer. So all told:

Base = $62,745
    Fully loaded = $68,640

onebadcad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!

At $72K they will sell very few. Many will consider a slightly used M5 or E63 over the V. I think $65K fully loaded will bring GM the profits they desire.
    Based on the previous posts, no one is will to pay higher than that.

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Lets stop with the cousins uncles grandfather is a Gm god and told my sisters best friend that the price was..... The internet is the first to know anything and anyone or anything at a dealership is the last to know. They may guess right, but they are the last to know for sure.

Dave's V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I agree, a salesman I met at an auto show this weekend said the new V should be "around" the same price as the 07 V. I told him if it is then I would definitely buy one.

Reality check though, the 09 V will most likely be around $70k loaded plus another $5-6k title and license. That will put it in range of the C63 which is supposed to be around $73k. I mentioned it before but with the dollar rate being so pitiful this is the time Cadillac should grab the market instead of getting greedy. Not many foreigners are going willing to pay around $120k for a 09 V (England, Germany).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.