09-V Causing a stir - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 09-V Causing a stir in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by thebigjimsho For me, the issues and changing how I drive, with no burnouts, is far outweighed by ...
    Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: 09-V Causing a stir

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    For me, the issues and changing how I drive, with no burnouts, is far outweighed by the joy of driving and owning this car...
    But, if you could have that joy WITHOUT the idiosyncrasies........
    I'm in a similar bind with my current love (My '03 Mustang). Love the car to death but seriously HATE the transmission. It's SO commonly known that the trans in these cars is junk, yet Ford won't do anything about it. Everyone I've talked to in the industry simply seems to feel it's something you have to "put up with", if you own the car. Drives me NUTS!!!! And in the end, quite possibly could be cause enough for me to get rid of the car and move on. The problem is, there just isn't anything else out there that combines ALL the same things my Mustang does;
    1. Sports car size and handling
    2. RWD
    3. Powerful V8
    4. Manual trans
    5. Convertible top
    6. Affordable price
    I mean, yeah, I could buy a Corvette but I'm REALLY NOT a Corvette kind of guy, and face it, they're not anywhere near as affordable as a Mustang. Plus, I actually like having the back seat at times.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post
    But, if you could have that joy WITHOUT the idiosyncrasies........
    I'm in a similar bind with my current love (My '03 Mustang). Love the car to death but seriously HATE the transmission. It's SO commonly known that the trans in these cars is junk, yet Ford won't do anything about it. Everyone I've talked to in the industry simply seems to feel it's something you have to "put up with", if you own the car. Drives me NUTS!!!! And in the end, quite possibly could be cause enough for me to get rid of the car and move on. The problem is, there just isn't anything else out there that combines ALL the same things my Mustang does;
    1. Sports car size and handling
    2. RWD
    3. Powerful V8
    4. Manual trans
    5. Convertible top
    6. Affordable price
    I mean, yeah, I could buy a Corvette but I'm REALLY NOT a Corvette kind of guy, and face it, they're not anywhere near as affordable as a Mustang. Plus, I actually like having the back seat at times.
    Believe me, I wish I could do nasty burnouts with my V. But I value my diff. With what GM seems to have addressed with a new rear and a revised geometry, hopefully the 550hp beast can make those 285mm meats go up in really expensive smoke...

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Believe me, I wish I could do nasty burnouts with my V. But I value my diff. With what GM seems to have addressed with a new rear and a revised geometry, hopefully the 550hp beast can make those 285mm meats go up in really expensive smoke...

Jim you've hit upon the real reason GM put a weak diff in the V, so you couldn't do burnouts. They just didn't want you smoking up those expensive F1 Supercars and blowing all of your hard earned cash on new tires.....

Yeah, I DO enjoy doing that from time to time with the Mustang. It's also an easy way to get turned around in tight spaces!

It's also an easy way to get turned around in tight spaces!
    That move is VERY underrated...

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

I would expect so with a totaly new rear end.

However, I expect some to wheel hop the thing to the point of shrapnel.

Yeah but you'll also have to remember that spinning out a 4200lb. car takes a little more finesse than a light sports car. Whenever I do it with my FTS, it's a bit of a hand-full. You should have seen me do it with a stretch-limo years ago, but that's another story altogether.
    Well, at least the cop that watched me do it liked it enough that he didn't give me a ticket.

Yeah but you'll also have to remember that spinning out a 4200lb. car takes a little more finesse than a light sports car. Whenever I do it with my FTS, it's a bit of a hand-full. You should have seen me do it with a stretch-limo years ago, but that's another story altogether.
    Well, at least the cop that watched me do it liked it enough that he didn't give me a ticket.
    I used to take our 6 passenger stretches out in the snow and get some wild donuts going. There is some serious momentum there...

BowenCT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V platinum/blk.

Too funny! A little dream of mine is (if) whenever I get married, at the end of the ceremony when the bride and I leave the church and everyone watches the limos pull out to go to the reception, hop into the driver's seat (with permission of the driver, of course) and blow big smoky donuts in the parking lot. Don't think anyone would be expecting that.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Believe me, I wish I could do nasty burnouts with my V. But I value my diff.
    Well weren't you just saying to me in another thread that "How hard could it be to replace the pistons" and you seemed a-ok with Cadillac leaving it as is but yet you drive a V now that has a issue and Cadillac won't address it so how hard could it be to replace it with something better?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Well weren't you just saying to me in another thread that "How hard could it be to replace the pistons" and you seemed a-ok with Cadillac leaving it as is but yet you drive a V now that has a issue and Cadillac won't address it so how hard could it be to replace it with something better?
    Hey, for the diff, there is no modifying. Care to guess how many vendors have forged pistons for whatever LS engine you desire? Give it up already...

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Hey, for the diff, there is no modifying. Care to guess how many vendors have forged pistons for whatever LS engine you desire? Give it up already...
    I WILL NEVER!!!! lol

I used to take our 6 passenger stretches out in the snow and get some wild donuts going. There is some serious momentum there...
    Hell yeah there is!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.