One little thing that bugs me... no push button start! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, One little thing that bugs me... no push button start! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I have a FOB with keyless entry/start on my current car. I'd miss it on the CTS-V, but with 550 ...
    neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: One little thing that bugs me... no push button start!

I have a FOB with keyless entry/start on my current car. I'd miss it on the CTS-V, but with 550 hp/torque I think I can live without it.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

I can't imagine them not using the transmitter start with no key option, whatever it is called.
    I would also assume this will have remote start, maybe even with a manual transmission if the vehicle is left in neutral with the parking brake applied. Not sure I'd want to park a stick like that.
    First thing I learned driving a stick was always park it in gear in case the park brake doesn't hold well.
    Not sure, anything I can say would be speculation at this point, you guys have done more research than I have.
    Too busy fixing the older ones to worry about the ones that aren't out yet!

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

This is one of those love it/hate it issues. They should make pushbutton start a separate solo option. I WILL NOT buy a car that has it. (unless I have to )

cguthrie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

While I personally enjoy the push button start, the real world issues include:
    >Car gets stuck at the wash - fob in my pocket
    >Wife goes nuts trying to get into car in garage, no fob in her pocket
    >Valet drop off includes a training session on how to work the system, you wonder if the car was left in acc mode all night...

With the manual, someone would do the remote start and wreck their car and sue GM... BTW, how do they do it with the vettes, just delete the remote start functionality on the manuals?

Very excited about this car...

CG
    2005 STS 1SG 36K

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

LOL you can believe remote start is not going to work in gear unless there a MAJOR SW problem.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Remote start is one thing I won't have on any of my cars. Seen too many aftermarket installs cause all kinds of crazy issues. And besides that, I truly believe that these technologies only serve to separate us from our cars. Personally, I LOVE starting my car. LOVE that initial roar from the engine! I guess if I wasn't a performance enthusiast, starting the car would roughly equate to flipping a light switch on but I AM a performance enthusiast so screw the technologies which don't further my one on one association with my car! I'll keep my key AND my manual trans thank-you.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

http://www.fast-autos.net/view/32550 The SLR McLaren has a push-button start in the gear-shift knob. I could live with this version. But I'll still have the key over a normal push-button start.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

The Mazdaspeed6 also has the pushbutton on the shifter. And the biggest fricking fob I have ever seen.

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

how do we know it wont be an option?

Thats my guess!

Reed

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

I have been wondering why people expend so much energy complaining about a car that isn't even built yet.
    Seems like now is the time to rest up so you can complain about everything when they actually come out.

This thread reminds me of what my wife does to me, she complains about the stuff I do wrong even though I haven't even done it wrong yet!

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Agreed. I think I mentioned in one early post about the car that we're doing little more than bench-racing. Guesses on top of assumptions, one after another. It IS kind of funny when you stop and think about it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.