Think about this - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Think about this in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; [ Sorry, I just don't like to hear people hating on one of the sweetest American ultra-high performance luxury sedans ...
    crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Re: Think about this

[
    Sorry, I just don't like to hear people hating on one of the sweetest American ultra-high performance luxury sedans ever produced.

EDIT: I checked your profile and is says Cadillac...so I am willing to bet money that you don't currently, nor have you ever, driven a real live CTS-V, yet you are so sure that you know the difference between the 04-07s and the 09 Vs. That just won't cut it on this forum. Peace out.[/QUOTE]

F**king A Tweeter. How come all of a sudden the V1 is a POS? I can't believe the BS I'm hearing about a car (V2) that no one has seen or driven. For one thing it better be and must be a better car than the V1. That's only natural. To trash the V2s lineage and at the same time praise it sounds like comments from people that A) never had the balls to by a V1 in the first place so they're rationalizing why it was a bad idea anyway or B) They thrashed the sh*t out of the V1 they own now or once owned because they don't know how to own a performance car and are looking for an excuse why they hosed up their car. WHEW!!! I feel better now.

Mystical_Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V

btw, just wanted to throw in that i disagree with the whole "we could have the same HP as the new CTS-V and spend less money" bit.

that's what the Ricers say about our cars......

"$50,000? I could buy a $20,000 Supra, put $20,000 into it, and have a 700HP Supra that would beat the snot out of your CTS-V".

it's not all about HP.

v84life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05CTS-v plat, 07 Escalade quicksilver

I really like my current V and would be happy to drive it a bit longer but the new V is a complete A**kicking world class super sedan. I am very proud of GM and the Cadillac team. We now have a American super sedan

Shopped the competition today M5 and E63 both optioned out come to nearly 100k both have starting curb wt over 4000lbs. In the real world fully optioned similar to the new V I bet them both to be close to the new V's 4200lbs.

Can't wait to suck some M5 doors off

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Ice View Post
    btw, just wanted to throw in that i disagree with the whole "we could have the same HP as the new CTS-V and spend less money" bit.

that's what the Ricers say about our cars......

"$50,000? I could buy a $20,000 Supra, put $20,000 into it, and have a 700HP Supra that would beat the snot out of your CTS-V".

it's not all about HP.
    Not sure where you are comming from with that statement.

BTW, Good luck finding a 20K Supra, try 40K.
    (for low miles non-trashed)
    Those cars are not cheap.
    They do kick-ass though.

If you think the new V is a good value (and it is) that's cool.
    I know it's a good value, because my car has nearly the cost of an 09V in just mods.
    Fortunately, it can be done for much cheaper now.

Unfortunately, the new V is not here yet, so I personally call Rice on those who toot their horn, as if they already own one.

For the record, I like the 09V.
    I definetly want to see more cars like this on the road.
    I'm not chomping at the bit to buy one though.
    That car needs to prove itself to me first.

"It's not all about HP" is what the M3 and M5 guys will say when the 09V (or modded 1st Gen V's) blow their doors off. (in a straight line)

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Question Re: Think about this

Does the '09 V also get the ZR1 6 speed close ratio gear box?

DRKSIDE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Black

I have always been a fan of the "buy cheap - spend money on mods" crowd. It is prudent and smart IMHO.

However... you just can't forget that this is not your average chop shop car here! One of the reasons you are not driving a HEMI or a GTO is because you wanted a step above the rest. I drive a "not your daddy's caddy" and there is a certain degree of pride and (I am man enough to own this fault) EGO that goes into owning this car. I must say that buying a new '09 CTS-V would add several inches to my.. eh hem, EGO.. as I drive off the lot!

That being said (the angel on my other shoulder wants a go at it) I am sure the V2 has luxuries that make our V1's look like a mid-80's Camaro (no offense intended). Point is, you spend your money on what gets you off! Some need to spend $250K on a car that performs no better than a $100k American car. They are not buying the performance... they are buying the name. If it was just for the performance I am sure we could all come up with a $250K package that would make a Ford Expedition a "performance car".

The owner of the V2 is buying THE NEWNESS! It is an illusive creature that once captured, begins to wriggle free and the hunt begins anew. The money invested in the capture of the little green beast follows it out the door the following September.

Don't believe me? Just wait till the V3 comes out!

Silver Dollar is offline Das jus fo decorations
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Vrocks View Post
    Does the '09 V also get the ZR1 6 speed close ratio gear box?
    No, it does not.

wrazor1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 V, MT, Thunder Gray, Corsa (very soon)

Quote Originally Posted by TN BLACK V View Post
    I have always been a fan of the "buy cheap - spend money on mods" crowd. It is prudent and smart IMHO.

However... you just can't forget that this is not your average chop shop car here! One of the reasons you are not driving a HEMI or a GTO is because you wanted a step above the rest. I drive a "not your daddy's caddy" and there is a certain degree of pride and (I am man enough to own this fault) EGO that goes into owning this car. I must say that buying a new '09 CTS-V would add several inches to my.. eh hem, EGO.. as I drive off the lot!

That being said (the angel on my other shoulder wants a go at it) I am sure the V2 has luxuries that make our V1's look like a mid-80's Camaro (no offense intended). Point is, you spend your money on what gets you off! Some need to spend $250K on a car that performs no better than a $100k American car. They are not buying the performance... they are buying the name. If it was just for the performance I am sure we could all come up with a $250K package that would make a Ford Expedition a "performance car".

The owner of the V2 is buying THE NEWNESS! It is an illusive creature that once captured, begins to wriggle free and the hunt begins anew. The money invested in the capture of the little green beast follows it out the door the following September.

Don't believe me? Just wait till the V3 comes out!
    I agree. The good thing for me is that I will be starting fresh as I don't currently own a V. I've always battled this with new Corvettes and the desire has won out so far.

As for the 250k car. I think that is a different issue entirely. I don't agree that it is ALL about name. That plays a big role a lot of the time I'm sure but, for example, a Ferrari is obviously not just a performance car. They are certainly only for the super rich but having had the pleasure of driving an F355 (I want to drive an F360 or F430 really bad) I can say I completely understand why they buy those cars over something else that might be cheaper. My current car is way faster than the 355 I drove but it handled extremely well and THE SOUND... Damn, nothing else sounds like that! Besides, most of the guys that buy those can afford to have a couple of American sports cars sitting around to. That was the case with this guy's F355.

Dean400hp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Silver CTS V, Custom CAM, B&B Headers & pipes, K&N cai

TN, You are correct! that is why I baught a CTS V, to put me apart from every other guy that thinks he's cool in a Mustang GT....The V shows we want the best, We are nothing but class of our own, we deserve respect from all that see us in our bad as caddy!!!! With that said, we need have Cadillac give everyone that has a current cts V the new 09 V for free since we are a loyal group.........now wasn't that easy

Dean

Maxb49 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    Try taking your '04 V in for warranty engine work after you've bolted on a blower. The new V is simply better in every category except weight. It is a superior machine in all material respects and will be worth the money. The '04 V was a CTS with a big motor thrown in it. The '08 V is a performance luxary sedan from the ground up. If you can afford it = no brainer.
    Are you suggesting he spend north of sixty thousand dollars to safe a few thousand dollars of repair work?

Got to face it.
    This is the wrong forum to promote the 1st Gen V.
    That car is now dead to the people here.

All we suggest is that there is a way to build a 1st gen V (since most of us already own one) to a point where one can be thrilled with it.
    I now realize that another forum is the only place to hold those discussions now.

New V is cool and all but I think GM cheaped out by not going LS7 or LS9.
    New V is a SC LS3.
    Little more than a Maggie LS6.

It is a more lux package though, so for many that is enough.
    Only time will tell if it resolves any other classic V issues.
    If so, those who get one will indeed be lucky bastards.
    Your V plus 40K will get you one on a trade.

rblimas is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los

wow... we already have 09 v posers lol... and i only read the first page

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Dollar View Post
    No, it does not.
    To bad, I'm definitely getting the auto then. Cool sig pic Silver Dollar

Quote Originally Posted by Vrocks View Post
    To bad, I'm definitely getting the auto then. Cool sig pic Silver Dollar
    It might not be the ZR1 gear box but the ratios are as close as anybody could ask for.

Exact 1-4 ratios as I converted to.
    The 5/6 ratios are closer than my current setup.
    I did some experimenting with custom 5/6 gears.
    Based on that, I would have to say the 09V M6 ratios are just about perfect.
    You will always be in the powerband from 1-5.
    Even 6th is going to give decent acceleration, as it's also fairly short.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.