What GM should do to improve the 2009 CTS-V before final release - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, What GM should do to improve the 2009 CTS-V before final release in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; GM does stupid better than most. If they want to take buyers away from BMW and MB they need to ...
    jkrutch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: What GM should do to improve the 2009 CTS-V before final release

GM does stupid better than most. If they want to take buyers away from BMW and MB they need to enable the navigation to be used while the vehicle is moving. How come BMW and MB allows this and GM doesn't? Hell, even Volvo allows the nav to be used in motion. The rear back up camera is also needed. Now that they added Bluetooth at least that is out of the way. Is Keyless entry/start on the CTS-V? Is the Nav DVD or hard disk? GM needs to offer more than the competition to get my dollar vote.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Keyless entry/start/remote start is standard. Nav is HDD based.

They already offer many features that the competition doesn't- Exclusive features over MB and BMW include (but are not limited to):

-Magnetic ride control
    -OnStar with live diagnostics and advanced crash notification
    -40gb HDD with iPod integration
    -Pause/rewind live radio
    -Adaptive forward lighting
    -Laser brazed body seams for better fit/finish
    -Hand cut & sewn dash + door panels
    -Dual stage + dual depth airbags
    -Stabilitrak 2.0 (which is still the industry standard for stability systems)
    -Dynamic rear brake proportioning
    -Performance traction management

That's just a few. Enabling Navigation when in motion is pointless in the CTS since you can use your voice to enter a destination or waypoint, and is hardly an appropriate test to determine a car's worthiness anyway.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

dqw1 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I agree with the sunroof comment. I don't have it on my 04 V and don't miss it but I have the feeling most cars will have a roof unless you order it from the factory. I still haven't found another V without the roof.
    I do think the 08 CTS & 09V has enough "gadgets" to be competitive with everyone else.
    I think GM has done an outstanding job so far with this design.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post

They already offer many features that the competition doesn't- Exclusive features over MB and BMW include (but are not limited to):

-Magnetic ride control
    -Pause/rewind live radio

That's just a few. Enabling Navigation when in motion is pointless in the CTS since you can use your voice to enter a destination or waypoint, and is hardly an appropriate test to determine a car's worthiness anyway.
    This is exactly the point I made about about how domestics have to be value leaders in their class. I, myself get tired of domestic OEMs piling on fluff rather than solid quality. Hopefully, the V2 will not only have some significant advantages in both power and "toys" but also deliver on the solid quality. Unfortunately, that is something that only time will allow us to verify. As I've said many times, "on paper" the car looks awesome. I only hope it delivers on the important stuff that enthusiast owners will find essential.

MauiV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tis Gone :(

Quote Originally Posted by dqw1 View Post
    I still haven't found another V without the roof.

No roof and dont miss it at all.

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Since my BMW has things on Tony's "Cadillac only" list does that mean a GM marketing intern loses their wings?

And if I listed all the things BMW has over the Cadillac, you'd all call me a Bimmer-boy.

The '09 V doesn't do it for me even if were priced the same as my Bimmer at $60k FULLY LOADED (save for the UltraPew roof). Cadillac, I double-dog dare you to win me back.

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Quote Originally Posted by StealthV View Post
    Since my BMW has things on Tony's "Cadillac only" list does that mean a GM marketing intern loses their wings?

And if I listed all the things BMW has over the Cadillac, you'd all call me a Bimmer-boy.

The '09 V doesn't do it for me even if were priced the same as my Bimmer at $60k FULLY LOADED (save for the UltraPew roof). Cadillac, I double-dog dare you to win me back.
    $54,6XX for the C63 and 450hp 3.9 to 60 MPH! Sure, it's an auto trans....but....

There has been a couple of us that have seen the light. Enjoy your ride.

Would you be back in a V1 if the diff was not an issue?

Norm

After seeing and driving the '08 CTS, V1 is extremely dated in every way.

Yes, I've seen the light and it is shinning from Müchen.

v84life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05CTS-v plat, 07 Escalade quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by StealthV View Post
    Here's a relevant real issue learned while trying to order my '08 - The '09 V damn well better not have the UltraView sunroof as basically mandatory with every option package.

Need the option of an all steel roof (or "normal" sunroof) will still allowing all the luxurious goodies such as HIDs, nav, HDD, Recaros, etc.

Forcing UltraView on anything but a stripped down car is d-u-m-stupid.
    YESSSSSSSS

v84life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05CTS-v plat, 07 Escalade quicksilver

-Magnetic ride control
    -Pause/rewind live radio

Thank You

The marketing spin isn't entirely accurate - Cadillac isn't the only one with adaptive headlights, dual stage airbags, etc.

A few things the car is missing: lifetime satillite radio subscription, full maintenance plan, adaptive head restraints, 20-way power seats, intelligent AWD (100% to any wheel), heads-up display, HD radio, active steering, active roll stabilization, auto-dry brake rotors when it is raining, auto-grab brakes when stopped on a hill, Bluetooth*, Nightvision, front & rear park distance control, active knee protection airbags, adaptive brake lights, heated rear seats, hill descent control, rear passenger HVAC, 12 year corrosion warranty, high beam assistant, lane departure warning, rear side impact airbags,...

*Coming late '08? Just like the extended range 2-way keyless entry remote?

It's all marketing spin.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

It's not marketing spin, it's fact. There's a lot of things you mentioned that BMW has over Cadillac, but there's also things Cadillac has over BMW. Do you get an email every month from BMW letting you know the status of our oil life and tire pressures? No. Can BMW diagnose a check engine light remotely while you're driving? No. If you're looking for something that isn't listed in your Nav database, can you press a button and have a live person download directions to your car hands free? No. There's also Stabilitrak, a 40gb HDD for music storage and radio buffering, Magnetic Ride Control with driver selectable settings and PTM with adjustable thresholds. Dual depth and dual stage airbags with seat position sensing system and passenger weight sensing system are a class exclusive on the CTS- your BMW has dual stage, and that's it. The CTS is also the only car in the world that already meets the stricter 2010 rollover safety standards.

It's also worth mentioning that all the goodies you listed on the 'Bahn Burner are options, (even on an $80,000+ M5) yet are standard on the CTS-V. As I pointed out in another thread, the BMW goes from being a lot more expensive than the V (base) to ridiculously more expensive when you pay extra for all the things Cadillac gives you standard. As far as the "free" maintenance and Satellite radio BMW gives you- well, pay me an extra $20,000 for a CTS and I'll toss that in, along with a nice coffee mug to boot.

I'm glad you're happy with your Bimmer, but don't turn into an import prick overnight as soon as you buy one. You've been an asset to the community and a champion of the V for a long time, and I hate to see you do a 180 just becuase your Dealer couldn't get you the car you want. I would have liked the opportunity to order you a car myself after your local dealer couldn't figure out how to order it, but that's all in the past now. Enjoy your BMW, it's a really nice car, but please don't let the fumes from the German leather turn you into ToySnob.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

:golf clap:

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

... but there's also things Cadillac has over BMW.
    You forgot one other important featureTony.
    Made in East Lansing, MI USA

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.