disappointed by 09 V - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, disappointed by 09 V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Maxb49 Car tastes are personal opinions. I can respect that you and the rest like the new ...
    The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Re: disappointed by 09 V

Quote Originally Posted by Maxb49 View Post
    Car tastes are personal opinions. I can respect that you and the rest like the new CTS-V. I don't. Luxury cars are about preferences. Picking a luxury car you like is like selecting your favourite ice cream flavour, pizza topping, or colour hair on a girl. What's incredible is how the Cadillac fanboys (not accusing you Tony Show) go ape when they realize that not everyone has their preferences. The 505 horsepower produced from the LS7 would have been fine in this car. The front fascia and stout boxy tail don't cut it in the elegant department, as far as I'm concerned.
    Now THAT's an intelligent statement. I happen to disagree, but at least you acknowledge the fact that personal preference is at play here. I also feel that 475 ft/lbs. of torque would have made this car outdated before it ever hit the showroom. You need to do some reading on the competition to see what they're aiming at, and 505/475 wouldn't cut the mustard.

The name Cadillac signifies a large, long car with a dream boat ride and effortless driving dynamics - NOT a cramped supercharged sport sedan. Rather than seeing the CTS-V, I'd like to see reincarnations of the Fleetwood, Eldorado, and Eldorado Brougham to take on the Mercedes S, CL, and CLS classes respectively.
    This is a different story- I couldn't disagree more. In today's market, there is simply no buyer for a "long, dream boat" car (save for the octogenarians here in Florida). Today's car market is about driving excitement and power, mixed with comfort and features. Your wish for an S-Class fighter will come true in a few years when Cadillac combines the DTS and STS into a new flagship car, but it would be foolish of them to ignore the market for small, sporty luxury cars as they did from the 70's to 2002. Cadillac lost billions in perceived cache and desirability by making nothing but boats.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Maxb49 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

The reason I prefer the LS7 is because I happen to like it's mechanical simplicity. Now that I think about it, I haden't accounted for it's 4,300 pound weight.

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!

Cadillac made V16 cars, big and fast.

I think that there are some good statements here. I don't think everyone wants a 550HP supercharged car either. So for your wives, Cadillac offers a V6 in the CTS as well.

Personally I don't even own a car that makes less than 400HP and I won't be buying a car that makes less than that anytime soon. So if Cadillac doesn't make me what I want I'll just buy from a manufacturer that will make me what I want.

I want the 09 CTS-V!

(There is nothing simple about the LS7)

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    Now THAT's an intelligent statement. I happen to disagree, but at least you acknowledge the fact that personal preference is at play here. I also feel that 475 ft/lbs. of torque would have made this car outdated before it ever hit the showroom. You need to do some reading on the competition to see what they're aiming at, and 505/475 wouldn't cut the mustard.

This is a different story- I couldn't disagree more. In today's market, there is simply no buyer for a "long, dream boat" car (save for the octogenarians here in Florida). Today's car market is about driving excitement and power, mixed with comfort and features. Your wish for an S-Class fighter will come true in a few years when Cadillac combines the DTS and STS into a new flagship car, but it would be foolish of them to ignore the market for small, sporty luxury cars as they did from the 70's to 2002. Cadillac lost billions in perceived cache and desirability by making nothing but boats.

I think Cadillac has a car fro everyone. I personally want an affordable, powerful, luxury 4 door. Call it what you want. If I want a boat, I buy a boat. My wife drives a boat (Escalade ESV). I also own a boat for the water.
    What I enjoy driving is a car that has luxury and soul. That is why I am buying the V. You can get the same degree of performance for 10s of thousand less than BMW and Mercedes. I need comfort for my commute, but there are times when I just wanna drop the hammer.

Dr Chill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS, 03 Z06 LS2 408 track car, 07 Q7 tow vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by HushH View Post
    That still doesn't explain why LS7 over LSA. The LS7 is fine for a car that weighs 1000 pounds less. At 4300 pounds, the new V will need all that torque to get it moving quickly enough to compete in this class.
    I agree. Most owners of both E55 and E63 will tell you the supercharged 5.4L motor makes for a faster car than the 6.3L, all else being the same. Torque, torque, torque.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.