disappointed by 09 V - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, disappointed by 09 V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; the rest of you dont see resemblance in the front bumper cover to that of asian automobiles ? http://www.edmunds.com/media/roadtes...lancer.340.jpg...
    the cadillac kid is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): > BMUU

Re: disappointed by 09 V

the rest of you dont see resemblance in the front bumper cover to that of asian automobiles ? http://www.edmunds.com/media/roadtes...lancer.340.jpg

Maxb49 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I'm disappointed too. General Motors can't do anything right.

the cadillac kid is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): > BMUU

^^ uh not saying that.

i love the CTS & the V .... the 09 V pushing out 550/550 WOW! ZR1? i'm SPEECHLESS

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Maxb49 View Post
    I'm disappointed too. General Motors can't do anything right.
    if trolling and adding nothing is all you can offer, leave.

Krug Ford is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

They need to update the rear end too.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    if trolling and adding nothing is all you can offer, leave.
    If stating my displeasure with the direction that Cadillac - a brand that I love and own - is taking bothers you, that's tough. GM could have done a lot better with this car. The powertrain, dimensions, and styling are all poorly executed. If raw numbers impress you, fine. I want to see some substance behind those numbers. Substance is what this car is lacking.

lusterblade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

If stating my displeasure with the direction that Cadillac - a brand that I love and own - is taking bothers you, that's tough. GM could have done a lot better with this car. The powertrain, dimensions, and styling are all poorly executed. If raw numbers impress you, fine. I want to see some substance behind those numbers. Substance is what this car is lacking.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

I'm with you. Why not 7 lug nuts GM? What gives? What happened to innovation.

P-Funk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven CTS-V

What about the powertrain and dimensions are bad? Styling is an individual taste (which you obviously lack any of but that is a different subject ) but you can't tell me a 4 door sedan with 550 hp and tq isn't good.

Dimensions are bad? Yeah, I guess you're right. It should have been 6 ft longer and at least 4 ft wider. All of the other loser car companies fit between the lines on the road but Cadillac is showing poor direction by not moving beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by P-Funk View Post
    What about the powertrain and dimensions are bad?
    I would have had the LS7 installed in this car.

Koooop is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor

The only thing I see wrong with the '09 CTS-V is that there isn't one sitting in my driveway.

If that's rice, them give some!

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Some things never change. You guys still mob anyone who dares speak against GM, Cadillac, or heaven forbid, the holy 'V'.

IMO, the car's styling is a nice change, and the interior is a huge improvement. And what can you say about 550lb/ft of torque? You gotta love it of course!
    MY question is;
    What's with the weight? This car needs Jenny Craig! I mean I NEVER thought of my '95 Fleetwood as anything but friggin' HUGE but when you start comparing it to the CTS-V, the car starts looking positively trim!
    Think about it, the 'V' is 3 feet shorter and has an aluminum engine but still weighs only about 100 pounds less! That just seems odd to me. All the suspension tricks in the world can't change the laws of physics, how do you suppose this car's going to handle?
    It's a shame too because I gotta say it's one hot-ass car.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

I would have had the LS7 installed in this car.
    Why? It has 75 fewer lbs/ft of torque and it's maxed out for displacement, not to mention that the thin cylinder walls make it basically unable to handle boost.

I can't think of a single reason the LS7 would be a better choice.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    Why? It has 75 fewer lbs/ft of torque and it's maxed out for displacement, not to mention that the thin cylinder walls make it basically unable to handle boost.

I can't think of a single reason the LS7 would be a better choice.
    Car tastes are personal opinions. I can respect that you and the rest like the new CTS-V. I don't. Luxury cars are about preferences. Picking a luxury car you like is like selecting your favourite ice cream flavour, pizza topping, or colour hair on a girl. What's incredible is how the Cadillac fanboys (not accusing you Tony Show) go ape when they realize that not everyone has their preferences. The 505 horsepower produced from the LS7 would have been fine in this car. The front fascia and stout boxy tail don't cut it in the elegant department, as far as I'm concerned. For the record, I have nothing against the power output of the supercharged engine or the quality of the fit and finish. But if aggregate output and fit and finish were the only thing that mattered when it came to cars, we would all be driving supercharged Honda Accords! The name Cadillac signifies a large, long car with a dream boat ride and effortless driving dynamics - NOT a cramped supercharged sport sedan. Rather than seeing the CTS-V, I'd like to see reincarnations of the Fleetwood, Eldorado, and Eldorado Brougham to take on the Mercedes S, CL, and CLS classes respectively.

HushH is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Nada

That still doesn't explain why LS7 over LSA. The LS7 is fine for a car that weighs 1000 pounds less. At 4300 pounds, the new V will need all that torque to get it moving quickly enough to compete in this class.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.