disappointed by 09 V - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, disappointed by 09 V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by pietroraimondi The ZR1 utilizes a different and larger series supercharger manufactured by Eaton which I believe is ...
    Black Majick is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 White Diamond Slade, 05 Black CTS-V, 94 White Diamond STS

Re: disappointed by 09 V

Quote Originally Posted by pietroraimondi View Post
    The ZR1 utilizes a different and larger series supercharger manufactured by Eaton which I believe is the 2300 series 4 lobe series.

And although only factory rated at 630HP; there is much, much more left on the table and the factory forged internal and rotating assembly is handbuilt to handle what ever the aftermarket is prepared to throw at it.

The CTSV utilizes the smaller 1900 series 4 lobe version from Eaton with a stock LS3 bottom end. It's no slouch by any means and a cam with ported heads should be able to add another 100 HP. Anything more than that would neccessitate forged internals.

The difference between the two Eaton superchargers is not simply a difference in pully size to gain another 100 BHP.
    I did notice a difference in supercharger displacement now that you mention it, I guess I assumed it was another of the infamous typo's that GM seems to have in their litterature quite often.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

The intercooler should be using its own fluid system separated from the engine coolant. Intercooler fluid should stay in the 150 degree range.
    Just FYI.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Black Majick View Post
    Intercooler is incorporated into the upper intake manifold, which BTW I see as being one of the first mods with regards to feeding it colder fluid as opposed to the hot engine coolant that it will see from the factory....then the ZR1 blower pulley swap, then a better belt that won't slip, then headers, then a tune..........oh hell, here we go again....

lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

My bet: within the first 2.5 years somebody will yank the LSA and drop in an LS9. Possibly Chef.

the cadillac kid is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): > BMUU

o boy...

pietroraimondi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci

The biggest disappointment was Cadillac's corporate decision to abandon its Manufacturer's presence in the World Challenge SCCA series.

They finally produce what we all expect to be a stellar product that is intended to compete and beat on every level what is offered from Germany.

I guess somewhere along the line they forgot the old adage of "Win on Sunday and sell on Monday."

I guess the General has decided to let Chevrolet and the C6R's gather all of the glory.

onebadcad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!

I guess somewhere along the line they forgot the old adage of "Win on Sunday and sell on Monday."

I guess the General has decided to let Chevrolet and the C6R's gather all of the glory.
    Naw, Cadillac just got tired of winning every weekend. They are taking a few years off so the others can remember what it feels like to win.

pietroraimondi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci

Quote Originally Posted by onebadcad View Post
    Naw, Cadillac just got tired of winning every weekend. They are taking a few years off so the others can remember what it feels like to win.
    But seriously and I'm sure others feel the same way; it pissed me off to hear the Cadillac director of marketing (her name escapes me) say that Cadillac was exiting their SCCA Manufacturers representation so that they could concentrate on their core business????

Maybe she's living under a rock, but Cadillac's SCCA representation did more to sell CTSV's in spite of their rear differential engineering flaws than anything else as far as I am concerned.

If your going to build a world class sports sedan to compete with the likes of BMW and you have Lutz making claims that the new CTSV will suck the doors off the M5; what better arena to prove it in then the SCCA World Challenge Series?

This IMO was probably one of Cadillac's best forms of brand marketing and they decide to walk away from it when their at the top of the SCCA, the 2008 CTS is Car of the Year and ready to release a new V??

Makes no sense to me I guess.

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

But seriously and I'm sure others feel the same way; it pissed me off to hear the Cadillac director of marketing (her name escapes me) say that Cadillac was exiting their SCCA Manufacturers representation so that they could concentrate on their core business????

Maybe she's living under a rock, but Cadillac's SCCA representation did more to sell CTSV's in spite of their rear differential engineering flaws than anything else as far as I am concerned.

If your going to build a world class sports sedan to compete with the likes of BMW and you have Lutz making claims that the new CTSV will suck the doors off the M5; what better arena to prove it in then the SCCA World Challenge Series?

This IMO was probably one of Cadillac's best forms of brand marketing and they decide to walk away from it when their at the top of the SCCA, the 2008 CTS is Car of the Year and ready to release a new V??

Well Pete, sounds like a good question for you to ask John Heinricy during the Live Chat on Monday.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...live-chat.html

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

"Win on Sunday and sell on Monday."

If the rear differential holds together Monday through Friday they'll sell all they can manufacture regardless of what they do or don't do on the weekend. Deserved or not, the reputation of the rear diff's stopped a lot of sales, despite the V's incredible SCCA record.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hello,
    It is our understanding that they pulled out for a few reasons.... But they will be involved in another motorsports program shortly. Think 09 CTSV racecar....

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

roadracerx72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): That real fast one...

Dave's V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Most of those ricers have a big fart can sticking out the rear though. I'm sure the V does not. I think it looks great.

lbwd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS (181,000) Arnott Struts, 245/45/ZR18, 1" Drop -SOLD

I'm glad to see someone else noticed it. Looked good for a second, but then it looked like a product off the "streets" in China. Rice served with a good dish, but honestly, rice doesn't go that well with steak. It should be a pretty good hit though. Maybe someone will come out with a body kit that makes it look better. The more I look at it, the less I like it. Odd for a Cadillac.

Silver Dollar is offline Das jus fo decorations
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac kid View Post
    i'll take your sweet ass.....
    Nuff said.

the cadillac kid is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): > BMUU

bastard!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.