disappointed by 09 V - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, disappointed by 09 V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony The only thing disappointing is that it's not already in my garage....
    csp3000 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)

Re: disappointed by 09 V

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    The only thing disappointing is that it's not already in my garage.

kduniverse is offline Cadillac Owners Member

http://http://www.autoblog.com/photo...v/556418/full/

Definitely digging it, along with the 550hp

HushH is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Nada

I am pleasantly surprised by the look. I was afraid it was going to be a little bland. That's certainly not the case.

v84life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05CTS-v plat, 07 Escalade quicksilver

I'm ready.......

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    ... I am sure they would have retained a face more like the standard 2009 CTS's, but that wouldn't have worked for the intercooler probably.
    I for one am VERY happy to see a much different "face" than the standard CTS. The V needs it's distinctive look...and it's got one. Hell yeah. BRING IT ON!

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac kid View Post
    That's not rice it's 'Flambe' (since it's from the Frogs).

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

It would only be "rice" if it were non-functional. In the V, of course, it is functional.

In any case, I like the look of the front, it is definitely aggressive.

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

GAK, did anyone notice this:

Quote Originally Posted by gm.com
    Like the previous CTS-V, a dual-mass flywheel is used, which allows for smooth, chatter-free performance.

And with the other noise-reduction features used throughout, the sound is virtually eliminated.
    I smell BIG RUBBER BUSHINGS!!!

The car’s limited-slip differential is made of cast iron for extreme strength
    . Thank gawd. Would it be too much to ask for them to release an iron version for the GenI V, say through GM performance? (That's a rhetorical question, as we all know the answer is NO.)

I wonder what the rwhp of this thing will actually be?

550*.80=440 ?? I hope to be near that number after my cam install

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

kid, its a V thing

ali_dmx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

And with the other noise-reduction features used throughout, the sound is virtually eliminated.
    NO!!! You have a 550hp car with 550 torque, you want the people around you to hear its sound!

Those noise reduction features are the first thing I'm eliminating.

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Quote Originally Posted by wrazor1 View Post
    You can have the current car. I'll take this one next fall as well. This appears to be a better car in every single respect and unlike the old V, is actually set up for real performance. I always got the impression with the old car that it was a base CTS with a Vette engine dropped in as an afterthough and that was it. That's why I chose to just get the real thing (Corvette). This appears to be a car designed for performance. I can't wait.

Hindsight is 20/20. Just remember that the V1 is the car that started it all and could be the turning point for the Cadillac brand. The V2 should and must be a better car, but remember without the old wheel hoppin, button flakin, sloppy shifter car that started it all there would be no V2. The V1 will go down as the first real American sports sedan capable of world class status and despite it's shortcomings is still a great car. BTW what makes you think the new CTS V isn't a base CTS with a Vette engine as well?

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by crankedupforit View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20. Just remember that the V1 is the car that started it all and could be the turning point for the Cadillac brand. The V2 should and must be a better car, but remember without the old wheel hoppin, button flakin, sloppy shifter car that started it all there would be no V2. The V1 will go down as the first real American sports sedan capable of world class status and despite it's shortcomings is still a great car. BTW what makes you think the new CTS V isn't a base CTS with a Vette engine as well?
    For one the new V has magnetic ride suspension, base CTS doesn't.

tblack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2008 BMW M3

I'm only disappointed I probably won't see one in my garage until late '08

Black Majick is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 White Diamond Slade, 05 Black CTS-V, 94 White Diamond STS

Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    I bit ricer looking, but only because it needed to be for the intercooler I am sure is behind that lower mesh grill. I am sure they would have retained a face more like the standard 2009 CTS's, but that wouldn't have worked for the intercooler probably.
    Intercooler is incorporated into the upper intake manifold, which BTW I see as being one of the first mods with regards to feeding it colder fluid as opposed to the hot engine coolant that it will see from the factory....then the ZR1 blower pulley swap, then a better belt that won't slip, then headers, then a tune..........oh hell, here we go again....

pietroraimondi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci

Quote Originally Posted by Black Majick View Post
    Intercooler is incorporated into the upper intake manifold, which BTW I see as being one of the first mods with regards to feeding it colder fluid as opposed to the hot engine coolant that it will see from the factory....then the ZR1 blower pulley swap, then a better belt that won't slip, then headers, then a tune..........oh hell, here we go again....
    The ZR1 utilizes a different and larger series supercharger manufactured by Eaton which I believe is the 2300 series 4 lobe series.

And although only factory rated at 630HP; there is much, much more left on the table and the factory forged internal and rotating assembly is handbuilt to handle what ever the aftermarket is prepared to throw at it.

The CTSV utilizes the smaller 1900 series 4 lobe version from Eaton with a stock LS3 bottom end. It's no slouch by any means and a cam with ported heads should be able to add another 100 HP. Anything more than that would neccessitate forged internals.

The difference between the two Eaton superchargers is not simply a difference in pully size to gain another 100 BHP.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.