Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Sloppy CADDY Service

3K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  duneless 
#1 ·
So I bring my 2011 Vagon in for new tires, detail, and paint refresh. I had already had them price the tires - twice and double check and they confirm $1325 for full set of Super Sports..."ya, ya...thats confirmed" I'm told. Of course I show up for install and they misquoted and now its $1625...we settle on $1500. Next I want my dog's puke smell taken out and surface scratches removed - they charge me $190 for a wash and wax on an already spotless car, smell and scratches still there. Itold them to just quote the cost for the paint and detail as I wanted, not to do the minimum. For $190 wash, I think Ill starta car wash business!!!
Bring it back today cause now I have a speed wobble, and they want to try and deal with the detail. Say wobble is slight warp in rotors (gonna get them turned) - wasn't there before but hey, who knows. Then they tell me paint needs wet sanding, I say I'll take care of it myself with proper compounding - I was just hoping to avoid doing it myself! Last but not least, paint chipping off one of the washer spray grommets on bumper - they tell me its due to some "outside factors" so its not warranty-able??
Just shakin my head - Caddy service isn't any different than Honda's I guess. :rant2:

#6 ·
I have been to dealers like this that are WORSE than Chevy dealers. They don't see Cadillacs or the Cadillac buyer as a higher class of customer. They see Cadillac customers as no different than a Chevy customer. My advice is find a different dealer or do a yelp search before you take your car to a different dealer to make sure you found a winner. Best advice I can give you.

#7 ·
Don't take it up anywhere with anybody & get your ass out of there.
I would never trust any dealer for paint correction, polish, or even a wash.
As far as warped rotors, I would not take their word alone on that either.
It's your car, & you should know if it's warped or not.
Also, GM has a sheet out that those rotors should be turned on the car.
.002 maximum total indicator runout.

#8 ·
My Caddy dealer scratched my car; and the paint job came out like shit. They are painting it again, and if it doesn't come out right, they will do it again, and again until it's perfect. They know I'm a fanatic. If they can't get it right, I will take legal action. That's how annoyed I am with them.

#10 ·
They are out there but few and far between. I feel fortunate I purchased from a decent dealer. Takes good care of me, does what I want, and generally ignores all my mods when doing any warranty work for me. Didn't replace my blown motor of course haha. My problem is I tell them NOT to wash it but they do anyhow :(

#11 ·
Hello all,

We want our customers to feel that they are receiving the most exemplary customer service during dealership visits, and I sincerely apologize to hear that this has not been the case with some of you. Feel free to send me a PM if there is anything that I may assist with. Have a wonderful evening and I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

#12 ·
In all fairness I must mention that I take my '87 turbo Buick & my '09 CTS-V to 2 exceptional dealers: Boulevard GM & Boulevard Cadillac located next to one another on Cherry Ave in Signal hill, CA.
They know my feelings about somebody test driving my car whether it needs it or not. At both dealerships, I ask the service technician to himself take the car to the staging area. And only he or the
mechanics that work on my cars are allowed to bring them back from the shop area. And there is only 1 mechanic at each shop that I trust my car too. I always call and make an appointment the day before, and
if the particular mechanic is not available to work on my car, I don't take the car in till he can work on it. And work on my car is generally limited to oil & filter changes, & other specialty interest areas.
The 2 mechanics that i use are Mike at the GM dealership for the turbo Buick & Sam at the Cad dealership for the '09V. I also wait for my cars. If they can't do it then, I will bring it back rather than leave it
at the dealership. I never let them wash my car, even though they offer every time, even when I am only in for a oil & filter change. Buick has free donuts, but the Cad shop has crackers. Yuck.

#24 ·
You know Gary.... while the guys there have been generally polite, I haven't had any positive experiences there. Every time they change my oil I end up with crap oil smell coming through my A/C. Since this has happened a second time I'm pretty certain it's related or a ridiculous coincidence.

Secondly they kind of boxed me in to getting my rotors cut and brakes cut for squealing breaks. Basically I brought it in and the guy said I should have it checked. Ok so I did. Then they said it was because they were glazed. They basically said I could pay 80 bucks for the "CHECK" or they would waive it
if I paid $250 to get the rotors cut and brakes cut. I ended up going with the cut option since I didn't want to deal with it. Either way it did NOT solve the problem and when I brought it back a couple of months later they said they would need to charge me again to look at it..... Pretty silly for car under free maintenance and warranty.

I haven't left my car there overnight or for any periods where I'm not there so I can't comment on that.

#13 ·
I would never bring my car in to Caddy for tires and a polish. I order my own tires shipped to me and have my wheel guy mount them. Hes been trusted for years. And a detail would be done by a pro if I wasn't going to do it. I always do it anyway. I swap my wheels over myself also. The less people touching my car the better

#14 ·
To date they have treated me well, and they are convenient, hence why I gave them some rope. The only thing that really annoyed me was that I asked if they were capable of doing what I needed done for detailing and they said it wasnt a problem. Like most of you, I wasnt interested in having any dealer do tires or any serious work, but their price was pretty good initially, and really how hard is it to mount new tires? I know...if anyone will screw it up its the dealer! Fact is finding a good mechanic is pretty tough anywhere.

#15 ·
Lindsay in Alexandria VA will usually be able to match TireRack prices, and they understand CTS-V's and CTS-V owners. As for detailing, I doubt that any dealer has their employees do any detailing....they likely farm it out to contractors and add some profit for themselves.

I'd rather have Lindsay do a tire swap for me than any of the big tire places......

#17 · (Edited)
While I like my dealer, I have learned through experience what I can, and can not, have them do. Three things I can't have them do are

1) sell me tires--pricing is insane and they don't price match.
2) detail the car--I had them fix some early rust and they repainted the left rear quarter under warranty....then I had them "detail" the car. They left holograms in the paint and after running it through the wash after I told them not to, the new AND old paint was scratched up. I finally took it to a high-end detailer and spent almost $600 to get it done right myself. NEVER, EVER, go to a Cadi dealer for detail work even if they say they are the best.
3) aftermarket wheel repair--they messed up a set of aftermarket wheels on my first V, sent it out to a guy who did a hack job on them. I ran away from the dealer and got them fixed on my dime.

For routine mechanical and warranty stuff, they have done me OK, but the extra stuff, no fracking way.

EDIT: Here's some of my pre- and post- detail pictures. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...273-some-obm-wagon-pictures-before-after.html

#18 · (Edited)
neuronbob said:
While I like my dealer, I have learned through experience what I can, and can not, have them do. Three things I can't have them do are 1) sell me tires--pricing is insane and they don't price match. 2) detail the car--I had them fix some early rust and they repainted the left rear quarter under warranty....then I had them "detail" the car. They left holograms in the paint and after running it through the wash after I told them not to, the new AND old paint was scratched up. I finally took it to a high-end detailer and spent almost $600 to get it done right myself. NEVER, EVER, go to a Cadi dealer for detail work even if they say they are the best. 3) aftermarket wheel repair--they messed up a set of aftermarket wheels on my first V, sent it out to a guy who did a hack job on them. I ran away from the dealer and got them fixed on my dime. For routine mechanical and warranty stuff, they have done me OK, but the extra stuff, no fracking way. EDIT: Here's some of my pre- and post- detail pictures. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-2014-cadillac-cts-v-appearance/702273-some-obm-wagon-pictures-before-after.html
I'll add #4....paintless dent removal. The worst.

#19 ·
well they successfully made things worse. Basically, they didnt do anything I had brought it back about except turn the front rotors and deal with high speed wobble. to make matters worse, service manager makes me wait 10mins - he's VERY busy - then gives me all kinds of attitude when Itell him I havent been able to reach him for 2 weeks! As for detail, he says he'll speak to the contractor and kick back anything they agree to compensate me...what a joker!
Mike @ CADILLAC of GREENWICH has successfully made my next purchase decision much easier!

#20 ·
Your dealer just confirmed what we all know..."he'll speak with the contractor...". They do not do this in house, and therefore you are better off talking with other car buffs and ask them who they use. Contract with your own detailer.

#26 ·
I brought my ATS in for an alignment at my dealer. They have been great to me and my family since I was a kid. Well I brought my car in the drop off bay. I had aftermarket wheels on and asked could the do the TPMS setting also. They said no problem. I went and sat down in waiting area. They came and got me after 10 minutes and said" there are no TPMS in the wheels. I told them they were the all rubber type and no metal sleeve on them. Well they said they were wrong and sorry.

At that time 2 kids about 17 or so were huddled at the car and told me nice car. One of them takes the cars over to the techs bay. That's his job. Well I went back in to sit down and something told me to go back out and watch. So I went out to smoke. This kid got in my car and came around the corner like WOT I swear with a big grin on his face. Let me tell you I went back in and had a loud fit. I bet you that won't happen again with my car. They know now I'll get loud and cause a scene and they do not want that again. Damn kid thinks he can drive my car like that. I only get to do that and not in a parking lot at a dealer. Grow up kid get a good job and you can crash your car all you want but it won't be mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.