Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Update - Put a downpayment on a '13 CPO CTS-V

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  tinman 
#1 ·
Thanks for the replies a few days ago.. I wanted to give an update.. today i put a deposit on a black '13 cts-v.. I am not totally locked in right now, but it is reserved for me. It is a 6spd CPO with 12k miles, black recaro seats, moonroof, black wheels and suede steering wheel. It was raining and about 36 degrees, so the summer tires had a decent amount of trouble gripping. I will admit that the durability of the recaro seats is a little disappointing and i did notice a slight "rocking" sound, but i guess thats normal.. They are super comfortable and make me feel locked in, but the sides show more wear than i would expect from seats that were a 3500 upgrade regardless of how much the sides stick out..

I think the car was treated well (mpg over the past 4500miles has been 15.5mpg, so that should at least show that it hasnt been driving like it was stolen, right?)..

i will probably be picking it up monday or tuesday. I live about 25miles north of philly.. i think we probably have about 10 days per year where we get more than 2" of snow.. this will be a daily driver, so i will be running summer and winter tires.

Anyone in the same situation? what kind of tires do you recommend? Anything else i should be on the lookout for before confirming the sale and picking it up?

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats!

I think with the Recaros it comes down how you get in and out of the car. I consciously try to clear the bolsters when I get in, and when I get out, I swing my leg over the bolster and lift myself out. It's kind of awkward and clumsy, but as a result my seats look great after nearly 20K miles.

Congrats again and enjoy. I can't answer your question on winter tires. Mine is my daily driver, but it stays in the garage when it snows.

#6 ·
Congrats!

I think with the Recaros it comes down how you get in and out of the car. I consciously try to clear the bolsters when I get in, and when I get out, I swing my leg over the bolster and lift myself out. It's kind of awkward and clumsy, but as a result my seats look great after nearly 20K miles.
Another solution is to use the #2 memory position for your exit. The habit you learn is to hit #2 button when you exit. I have the seat move all the way back and up so my head almost hit's the roof. It's a little more graceful exit as you step down and out and your knees aren't at a 30* angle or less.

#5 ·
Good luck with the transaction. My 13 wagon mpg shows about 15.8 with no extreme driving. I put 4 snow tires on a set of sedan "take off"
wheels. I put all new factory sensors in the wheels and all has been good for 2 years. Tire rack has ratings on winter tires. I had trouble finding
stock sizes when the wagon came in 12-17-12. I have been thru 3 to 4 inches of sloppy unplowed snow on a 350 foot uphill driveway. It is no 4 wheel drive, but does well with proven winter driving techniques. I am using the Sottozero by Pirelli all in the stock sizes.

#8 ·
^^That's the easy exit function which is a selection made in the DIC. CVP33 was suggesting another option. Programming the second driver seat position button to put the driver in a better position to exit without putting weight on the side bolster. May try it myself.

#9 ·
Easy exit only moves the seat back as far as I've been able to tell, it doesn't raise the seat.

#11 ·
Yes, my goal was to raise the seat so you can exit the car with some dignity vs. falling out of it. LOL

#13 ·
Your neighbor just PM'd me and said "nope".

Reactions: vfaninva
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.