Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Trade for a 13 ATS4 Premium

3K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  gohawks63 
#1 ·
Mine is flawless. I want more power. Any interest and yours is flawless and black raven we can talk.

#4 ·
Isn't going from a V2 to the ATS a step down in terms of vehicle performance? I have driven the ATS and while it's a great car, it doesn't feel like the V. I have driven the ATS with the 2.5L, 2.0T and the 3.6L engines and even drove a manual 2.0T ATS and once you are used to the power in the V, it's tough to go down to any of the lower level powertrains. The ATS has awesome driving dynamics and you can really throw the car around being how lightweight it is, but that's the only benefit I see to the ATS over the CTS-V.

I am curious to see how the ATS-V drives with the TT V6 under the hood.

#5 ·
RVC said:
John, I think you are right....I would not trade my 09' 50k mile V for a 2015 ATS with every option. Don't get me wrong, I like the ATS but not enough to swap my V for it.
I was kidding, a little. Nothing against the ATS, but on the face of it the proposition is ridiculous. Even with the updated features it would still be a huge step down from a V. Add to that the ATS's resale value is in the toilet. A loaded 2013 ATS4 Premium with low miles could be bought from a dealer (with their mark up of course) for around $30k or less. Not very many used V's could be had for that little money. At least not ones that haven't been beat up and abused.

#7 ·
Hey, it doesn't hurt the poor guy to ask!

I love the ATS, too, especially in 3.6 liter RWD trim (it goes pretty well for its size! Try it!) but it's too far a step down from the V to consider a trade.

#9 ·
You are right. I would expect to have to add dollars to the deal if it was not out of warranty. I would consider a black raven V with one year left on the factory warrant. I'd also ask for a thorough inspection as part of the deal. I know that many say that someone buying a CTS V should not be concerned with mpgs and I get it, but it has to hurt filling it up at $3 or$4 per gallon. My thoughts are there is someone out there that would love to drive a car that is fabulous in the snow and a car that drove 526 miles on one tank on a perfect day in June. I don't expect that anything will ever materialize from my proposal, I guess I'm am just paying homage to the V's greatness.

Cheers

#10 ·
steptoe said:
You are right. I would expect to have to add dollars to the deal if it was not out of warranty. I would consider a black raven V with one year left on the factory warrant. I'd also ask for a thorough inspection as part of the deal. I know that many say that someone buying a CTS V should not be concerned with mpgs and I get it, but it has to hurt filling it up at $3 or$4 per gallon. My thoughts are there is someone out there that would love to drive a car that is fabulous in the snow and a car that drove 526 miles on one tank on a perfect day in June. I don't expect that anything will ever materialize from my proposal, I guess I'm am just paying homage to the V's greatness. Cheers

You never know, someone here might take an interest now that you have put a bit more info out. Once you drive one you'll get why we don't care about MPG's. It's all about the SPG's (smiles per gallon). Best of luck!

#12 ·
The ATS-V is a great car, but yes, I am very happy with my "old" CTS-V's.
Ouch, I might want some ointment for that burn...
I'll be ok though, because the big brother "new" CTS-V will be out soon after your ATS-V.
I think you could be quite happy in all of these cars. What a wonderful age of muscle cars we are living in!

#16 ·
The CTS-V coupe is the first car I could see owning for a very long long time. Even if I wanted another car at some point, I could see me retiring the V to being a garage queen/toy.

In my opinion, history will show that the V, especially the V-coupe (and Vagon), has the possibility of being one of those timeless models. Think of the '57 Chevy, '59 Cadillac,'65 Mustang, '63 Split window Corvette, Buick Grand National, etc.

#17 ·
Hey, the ATS-V is not chopped liver. Now we have a REAL choice of V-series cars.

Thank you, Cadillac, for caring for your enthusiast customers.

#21 ·
The V3 is certainly impressive, but with just the few bolt-on's I currently have on my V it's only lagging behind on HP by about 30. With a tune and pulley, it will easily surpass the V3.
Next gen MRC adapts for road conditions every 1" at 60 mph, a step up from every 3" IIRC on the last gen. Doubt the difference is noticeable at highway speeds.
Brakes are a little beefier, but not significantly.
The biggest differences/improvements seem to be in the tech (would love to have the PDR, PTM, curb camera, cylinder deactivation, etc...), and cooling.
With a starting price in the $80k range (I'm guessing) and no coupe, I'll happily hang on to my Gen 2 V coupe and consider adding a used V3 to my garage in a few years.

#23 ·
That ATS-V is bad ass looking, I just wish it made more power. Closer to 500.
The jury will be out on further modification on that V6 too.
Sure you can up the boost, but who knows how much, sometimes from the factory they're about done, like the small turbos on the 335i
Sure you can add the bolt ons, like exhaust, WG, etc, but those aren't really the power adders like the pulleys on supercharged motors.
Here's hoping that V6 is stout and the turbos are strong.
That ATS-V is the perfect size for me.

The CTS-V.
I don't know about the styling, honestly. They took away some of the aggressive angles, it just looks bigger. Yeah its got more power, but it just doesn't stand out like the V2 did to me. I'll have to see it in person.

#24 ·
rustybear3 said:
and now....the 2016 CTS-V.....still gonna hold onto your V's? Decisions, decisions.......at best I can really only afford the ATS-V at this point. Unless I dump other cars....:lol: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/12/200-mph-2016-cadillac-cts-v-unleashed-video/
Yep. Still still keeping my coupe.

----------

vfaninva said:
The V3 is certainly impressive, but with just the few bolt-on's I currently have on my V it's only lagging behind on HP by about 30. With a tune and pulley, it will easily surpass the V3. Next gen MRC adapts for road conditions every 1" at 60 mph, a step up from every 3" IIRC on the last gen. Doubt the difference is noticeable at highway speeds. Brakes are a little beefier, but not significantly. The biggest differences/improvements seem to be in the tech (would love to have the PDR, PTM, curb camera, cylinder deactivation, etc...), and cooling. With a starting price in the $80k range (I'm guessing) and no coupe, I'll happily hang on to my Gen 2 V coupe and consider adding a used V3 to my garage in a few years.
^^^ what he says. EXACTLY.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.