Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Suede shifter with leather steering wheel?

4K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  vfaninva 
#1 ·
Can a V be ordered that way? I just purchased mine, and I think the wheel was changed to leather by the PO, but not sure.

#4 ·
On the build your own Cadillac site the alcantara wheel/shift knob are a $300 option. So, like I said before, pretty sure it's a package deal.
The previous owner had probably come to his senses and replaced the swaade steering wheel with genuine leather and didn't get to the shift knob before selling the car. :stirpot:

#12 ·
Did someone say SWADE?

-Chris

#15 ·
You can't order it anymore as the car has ceased production about six months now, but when you were able to order the car the way you wanted, it was either both come in leather or both come in the microfiber faux suede. Hope that clears it up for ya!

If anyone ordered the microfiber steering wheel and shifter and got only one of two items, the factory must have not received the parts in during the day of production and they didn't want to hold the car up thinking the selling dealer could easily correct it. Happened to me on my 2011 V Coupe. I got one piano black exit button bezel and one silver exit button bezel on the passenger side. I noticed it, but nobody else seemed to when I took delivery. The dealer swapped it out and all was ok at the end of the day.

#17 ·
It's not, but I just replay it in mah minds eye!

-Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.