Dallas to NO
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By EJGPharmMD
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Dallas to NO in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Took a roadie this weekend from dallas to New Orleans...Map told me it was 590 miles...supposed to take 9:37.... We ...
    EJGPharmMD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Sedan

Dallas to NO

Took a roadie this weekend from dallas to New Orleans...Map told me it was 590 miles...supposed to take 9:37....

We took the V...

Long story short... I made it in 7:30....with a 1 hour stop at Cracker Barrell...Literally...it was crazy...Wife held the ipad for Waze app...after we got outside of Tyler...I didn't do under 110 the entire time except to slow down for cops and gas... I reset my average speed and Gas MPG for the trip...and as we checked into the hotel...it said average speed 91!!! Gas mgp....9.6! WTF! We spent 250 bucks getting there in gas...lol

Best thing...no tickets. At all. There was a close call with a cop above a bridge not marked on Waze, but by the time I passed the bridge I was doing a buck forty and he threw his lights on and raced across the bridge to the on ramp...but it was a no go for him.

All in all it was a ton of fun (minus the 40 dollar a day parking in NO), but our entire travel was done at 110 mph...with burst up to 140-150 on strait aways...

Amazing..
    Club Malibu, AC Promotions and DCV like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Re: Dallas to NO

Man any video? That sounded like a great drive!

I haven't bought a cam yet...looking at a gopro for our next roadie to San Antonio. Wernt too many cool cars we passed...but we did play with a Mercedes Sls for about 30 miles....I was suprised at how well we did.

vfaninva is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by EJGPharmMD View Post
    There was a close call with a cop above a bridge not marked on Waze, but by the time I passed the bridge I was doing a buck forty and he threw his lights on and raced across the bridge to the on ramp...but it was a no go for him.
    LOL! Bet he was pretty torqued at not catching you. I'd hate to be the next poor schmuck he pulled over.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Straight Cannonball Run shit right there. Damn!

That's what my wife said...next guy he clocks is getting a ticket for sure.

Belairlover is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Vagon, 6M, Roof, Build Date 2/2013

That's an amazing story..how did you not get any tickets?...are you an MD (physician) or a pharmacist, sometimes being a physician helps get you out of tickets. Great story

Pharmacist. But I did learn a neat trick from my MD buddy. He leaves his white coat (which he doesn't even wear anymore bc he's an anastesiologist) on his seat so cops assume he is always racing to some high priority surgery. He's currently in a track edition GTR and has lead foot syndrome...He hasn't had a ticket since he finished his residency in 2009...lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.