tire question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, tire question in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I just had a six inch bolt puncture my rear tire on my 13 V sedan. I have about 3500 ...
    leeu16 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

tire question

I just had a six inch bolt puncture my rear tire on my 13 V sedan. I have about 3500 miles on the car. I am wondering if I should replace it with oem tire or swap both rears for new. Will the tread difference be a problem if I only replace the one with oem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EJGPharmMD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Sedan

Re: tire question

Tbh...at 3500 miles on my old ps2s I almost needed new tires...lol. I dragged then out to 8500...but u may feel a differnece. If you plan on replacing both, see if you can find the PSS. Better grip and tread life. I know they are on backprder, but discount tire just found me some in Houston and are having them shipped for installation Friday. Check around.

That is the tire I was thinking of. I have not tracked the car. So fairly normal driving except for some spirited acceleration. I just found a hole through the wheel also. I have the black wheels that came with the stealth blue. This will be a fairly expensive repair. Any ideas where I can purchase a matching wheel?

EJGPharmMD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Sedan

I'd just go thru my insurance and make them eat the wheel cost. Our wheels are expensive. You'll have to cover the tires...but w a low deductable, probably cheaper. Insurance covers wheel damage I assume?

I talked to my insurance agent and it looks like they will cover everthing. Minus deductible of course. I will try to price out the wheel first just to make sure. Another thread said gm parts direct but also said shipping is high. If anyone has an idea I would appreciate the input.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

You don't need to get two tires either, one that's a little worn won't hurt a thing.

Thanks for the input

flatrockguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Raven V Sedan, M6, Graphite Rims, Yellow Brembos
    If I remeber right, when the tire shop scratched 2 of my graphite rims it cost them about $400 a rim. But I'm sure that was at a discount.

I was quoted 909 for the rim through my local Cadillac dealer.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by leeu16 View Post
    I was quoted 909 for the rim through my local Cadillac dealer.
    Luke @ Lindsay Cadillac. Call him.

jzchen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '85 Sedan de Ville, '10 CTS-V

A local Wheels America has repaired some wheels for me, but not this unique color. You could call the nearest one to you. www.car-part.com lists a 19x10? (correct size?) satin graphite for $450, or $165 to recondition. (I'm afraid I'm not sure they can repair the hole you mention.)

The wheel is beyond repair for sure but thank you for the input

The wheel is beyond repair for sure but thank you for the input
    Never hurts to ask if you live near enough to one of the wheel repair places. There is another one called wheel collision somewhere in PA. I noticed that you didn't seem to notice the wheel damage until a later post, (possibly meaning it is not very big damage.)

If your deductible is small enough then maybe it's not worth the trouble to search for a repair place that can repair it, but if it is higher like mine, my last wheel repair, albeit for a 15" smart fortwo wheel, cost me about $130. I'm afraid I haven't had to buy a replacement tire for ours yet, so I can't really comment on how expensive those are though....

The hole is about 3/8 in in diameter maybe more. Wheel is on national back order. It has been a nightmare. I have been without the V for two weeks now. Going in to withdrawls.

The hole is about 3/8 in in diameter maybe more. Wheel is on national back order. It has been a nightmare. I have been without the V for two weeks now. Going in to withdrawls.
    I searched both the Wheels America website and Wheel Collision website. Wheel Collision has them listed here: http://www.wheelcollision.com/catty2.htm

Maybe you could give them a call. This does seem repairable as well. As on the Wheels America site FAQ there is concern when there is damage to the hub area.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.