This V Sedan is gonna get me in trouble.......
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, This V Sedan is gonna get me in trouble....... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I've had the 2010 V Sedan since mid March. It took a week to find the sweet spot with the ...
    Mach2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS V Sedan

This V Sedan is gonna get me in trouble.......

I've had the 2010 V Sedan since mid March. It took a week to find the sweet spot with the drivers Recaro seat. Locked it in and good to go. Then I started to experiment with the traction control button. I had a 2010 C6 1LT Corvette with a few chassis, body and engine mods and had 400 rwhp @ 2285 lbs. The 1LT is a no frills or add-ons and is the lightest C6 except for the Z06. It was a hoot to drive, especially in Competition Mode with the traction control button. With the V Sedan the stock Michelin Pilot Sports PS2's have almost 29K miles and are lacking somewhat in traction with the traction control on and not good at all in competition mode. New tires coming very soon. Met a new white Jaguar sedan Sunday coming home from Church with 510 HP for a Nevada license plate. Scared me so bad that when we entered the freeway heading up the hill towards Boulder City I accelerated briskly and got to the left lane post haste to get away from this horsepower monster, and passing the Jag doing so. Yes, he knew what was going on. Near the top of the hill I got to the right lane to get off the next offramp and looked to the left and waved to say "Was Sup". Couldn't see if he acknowledged my wave or not due to his tinted window.

This car is so addictive, the horsepower and acceleration is like candy to this 69 year young Man. I have the same concentration when driving this Beauty as I did driving the modded C6. Always on the lookout for openings to the left prior to passing someone and to get up to freeway speeds.

I LOVE IT...........

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Yep. I'm afraid of the same thing.

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Re: This V Sedan is gonna get me in trouble.......

Quote Originally Posted by Mach2 View Post
    This car is so addictive, the horsepower and acceleration is like candy to this 69 year young Man. I LOVE IT...........
    Congrats - I know the feeling. It's very hard not to take advantage of the on-ramps and hoping the car in front of you goes just slow enough to have to accel briskly to pass. Great feeling for sure.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

The first drive I had in my coupe, was an out of state drive back home. I didn't even test drive the car. I was about to miss an exit, so I gunned it to get around a car, and looked down flabbergasted at how fast I was going without realizing it. I was just instantly there and it didn't feel like it......its deceptively fast, coming from a corvette and a couple of SRT8, especially on the highway.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    I think what the surprise for me is that the power is instant. There's no waiting for the RPMs to build. You immediately feel that push in your back and you're holding on.

V-swagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1985 Fleetwood Brougham, 2002 DTS, 2011 CTS-V wagon
    These are great cars and most people don't realize the awesomeness of them. There have been multiple times I've had to slow down before merging onto the highway cause I've been going faster than I've realized.

^^^They are quiet inside. There is tire noise, but with touring tires the thing would be sooo quiet. The car actually feels better and more solid the faster you go - thats the problem. I can only dream what they would feel like cruising 150mph on the Bahn.

EJGPharmMD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Sedan

How on gods green earth did you get 29k outta those baby bottom tires?

Quote Originally Posted by EJGPharmMD View Post
    How on gods green earth did you get 29k outta those baby bottom tires?
    They were on it last month when I bought it. Glad there's traction control because even with TC on it gets a little slippery under brisk acceleration.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach2
    They were on it last month when I bought it. Glad there's traction control because even with TC on it gets a little slippery under brisk acceleration.
    Had to be the second set. 29K defies logic.

vfaninva is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    ^^^My first V had 22k on the odometer when I bought it with original tires. The rears were fried to the wear bars and the fronts weren't much better.
    Negotiated a new set of PS2's into the purchase. They apparently didn't know how much the tires cost because the manager looked a little unhappy when he told me when I came back to pick it up.

From what I've found out from the dealership, this V Sedan was bought new from their location and maintained till it was traded in for a new CTS couple months ago. Apparently the owners(s) were not hard drivers. These are the original tires from what I can find out.

Why someone would buy a performance car like this and drive it like a Buick is beyond me. The original owners should have just bought a CTS and not the V.

Oh well, they'll b e changed here real soon. I know most feel the Michelin Pilot Super Sports are the best for this car, but I had great reduced noise, traction and control with Bridgstone Potenza S-04 Pole Position tires. Will go with them from Tire Rack and have Discount Tire hopefully price match.

^^^ Well performance aside, the V's are better looking by far inside and out, better equiped and drive better than the base car in any trim.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach2
    Why someone would buy a performance car like this and drive it like a Buick is beyond me.
    So guys like you can find a good used car!

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Mach2 View Post
    From what I've found out from the dealership, this V Sedan was bought new from their location and maintained till it was traded in for a new CTS couple months ago. Apparently the owners(s) were not hard drivers. These are the original tires from what I can find out.

Why someone would buy a performance car like this and drive it like a Buick is beyond me. The original owners should have just bought a CTS and not the V.

Oh well, they'll b e changed here real soon. I know most feel the Michelin Pilot Super Sports are the best for this car, but I had great reduced noise, traction and control with Bridgstone Potenza S-04 Pole Position tires. Will go with them from Tire Rack and have Discount Tire hopefully price match.
    Check the date code on the tires. It'll be four digits, 3910 for example. This number would indicate the tires were made the 39th week of 2010. The date code should be older than, or equal to your cars production date. If the date code is newer than your car, they've been replaced.

----------

Date code example from my car, a 2011. Tires were manufactured the 47th week of 2010. From Michelin, they were shipped to GM, and put on my car that was manufactured January of 2011. OEM tires can't be newer than the car...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.