Thousand dollar needlenose pliers - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Thousand dollar needlenose pliers in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Mine was a six inch long bolt. Crazy how it could puncture a tire....
    leeu16 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Mine was a six inch long bolt. Crazy how it could puncture a tire.

XDecker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Thousand dollar needlenose pliers

I had a two inch triangular piece of plastic from a road reflector puncture my Continental DWS's in my 550i once. I drove about 1/4 a mile on it (because I was very close to the exit on the highway and wanted to get to a gas station to change it) and apparently it completely shredded the belts and such so that the tire was unsalvageable. Unfortunately, the DWS's were about 1/2 tread, so I basically just went ahead and replaced both tires so that I had equal grip on both sides. I was pretty unhappy because they did not have any more DWS's, and had to go with I think a Toyo instead. That wasn't a fun day, although the tires on the 550i were marginally cheaper than the setup on the V, it is still an expensive 19" low-profile staggered setup.

veloce is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Why buy a new wheel? if it is punched it can be fixed, Thats the great thing about Alum. I have seen chipped, cracked etc fixed like new at low cost. I urge you to check that out first. Jeff

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    The tire/wheel insurance the dealers sell are well worth it.
    agreed, the best $400 you will spend. I have used it I think every time I have bought it.

sierrabenz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon 6mt

Finally got everything fixed. I ordered the wheel from GMPartsDirect -- $346 plus ten dollar handling charge, free shipping. Only hangup was that it took ten days to get to California from North Carolina. I ordered the tire last week from a local outlet of America's Tire Company -- website showed an out the door price of $511 but it ended up costing $519 (website did not mention a special order handling charge). Tire got here three days ago, but the wheel did not show up until this morning.

Replaced the wheel because it had the big hole in it, plus some bending around the hole, plus some rim damage from driving about a mile from where it happened back to my garage. Tire was obviously toast -- 3/4 inch cut plus sidewall damage from driving it as it went flat. Happy to be back in action -- hated driving the wife's CLS or the truck.

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    ^^^Good deal!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.