Best recommendation for CTS-V (2009) windshield wiper blades
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By DCV
  • 1 Post By M5eater
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Best recommendation for CTS-V (2009) windshield wiper blades in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I've seen plenty online advertise by Rain-X, Bosch, etc. but they always say for the "CTS." Do those all work ...
    jeffreywilens is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black

Best recommendation for CTS-V (2009) windshield wiper blades

I've seen plenty online advertise by Rain-X, Bosch, etc. but they always say for the "CTS." Do those all work with the V2 as well OR is there is different model I need.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    The CTS blades should fit a V fine just make sure they are the correct sizes. I believe 22" driver side and 19" passenger side.
    You can go to Pep Boys, Auto Zone etc...
    No need to pay stealership price for special blades.

EDDIE80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 cts v sedan

Re: Best recommendation for CTS-V (2009) windshield wiper blades

They are the same sizes as cts 22" driver 19" passenger. I went with rain x latitude. Works like a charm

DCV
    DCV is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

The V does have specific wiper blades, only because at high speeds you need blades that won't flap and flutter when they operate. at 120+ MPH....that's important. But I agree that at most speeds other blades will work fine.
    neuronbob and M5eater like this.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by DCV View Post
    The V does have specific wiper blades, only because at high speeds you need blades that won't flap and flutter when they operate. at 120+ MPH....that's important. But I agree that at most speeds other blades will work fine.
    Anything will fit.

If you want something that will stay on the windshield at 155+MPH, you need the OEM blades.
    neuronbob likes this.

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I have always found OEM Blades and OEM refills to fit better, look better, work better, and last longer than anything else. And this is not limited to the CTSV's or to GM.

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by DCV View Post
    Yeah, I remember a couple years ago I asked my service rep if there was any reason to buy the OEM blades over any other brand.
    He said (with a straight face) that the OEM blades were better because the wing on the back of the blade holds it to the windshield when you're going 190 mph.
    I told him since I don't plan on driving 190 mph in the rain I'll just go buy some Rain X wipes.
    They work just as well and cost less.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.