USB issues!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, USB issues! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Everytime I plug I my iPhone 5 on my brand new 2014 CTSV it says it is not compatible and ...
    blacknyellowctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Member

USB issues!

Everytime I plug I my iPhone 5 on my brand new 2014 CTSV it says it is not compatible and I can't play any music from it. I took it to the dealership and after about a hour they told me the 2014 ctsv is not compatible with the iPhone 5. I think that are lying to me because my brother has a 2012 cadillac truck and his and my phone work just fine. Anyone else having a problem with the iPhone 5 or are they giving me the run around???

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Re: USB issues!

You need to use the supplied GM adapter and an Apple Lightning adapter. The GM adapter has the old-school 30-pin connector on one end, and both USB and 1/8" audio on the other. Plug BOTH the USB and the 1/8 audio into their respective ports in the center console, then plug your Apple lightning adapter into the GM cable. Then plug your iPhone 5 into the Lightning adapter. With the car running and the infotainment system turned on and all the adapters and phone plugged in, go onto your phone, open the Music app and start playing a song. At that point it should start playing through the car's system, and you should have control of it with the steering wheel control, and the song titles should be showing up on the screen, etc.

From then on all you should have to do is plug your phone in and it'll start playing.

FLTRI is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

^This^

Ignore the "Device not comparable" notice on both the phone and car...

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

WOW! Can't believe the dealer didn't know this! P. 32 of the Nav manual says "A special iPod connection cable is
    needed that came with the vehicle,
    from your dealer. See your dealer
    for more information."

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.