Pilot Super Sports tire wear pics - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree8Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Pilot Super Sports tire wear pics in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by dennych I'm probably replacing my Ps2's with super sports when done as well. I don't like how ...
    Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Re: Pilot Super Sports tire wear pics

Quote Originally Posted by dennych View Post
    I'm probably replacing my Ps2's with super sports when done as well. I don't like how my tires looked after the trackday but I still have tread left haha.

Good to hear discount tire is good. I have one near me on torrance and needed a place to replace my tires.
    I liked discount tire. Check and see if they have that touchless tire machine at your location, it's worth it just for the peace of mind. Also get the best price you can on the internet and they'll match the price in store.

Teutonaddict is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 6MN Vagon OBM

Quote Originally Posted by quikag View Post
    Need new tires soon. How did the PSS compare to the PS2 as I'm thinking of trying the PSS this go around???
    In my sedan, I've gone from stock PS2s to Bridgestone RE-11s to now PSS's and would highly recommend the PSS. Previous sets (both) were replaced at 14K miles. RE-11s performed better than stock PS2s, and PSS's have outperformed the RE-11s.

I measured tread depth after 1+ year and 10K miles and the PSS were at 6.5 to 7/32, so comparatively (my driving style and location) they're wearing like iron. And they handle and stick the best of all three. I am noticing a little dropoff in rear grip now at 10K miles, but it's not significant. Oh, and I did a track weekend at COTA so that may have hastened their demise. I'll definitely go the PSS route again.

opposite locker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '14 OBM Vagon 6mt

How do the S-04 compare to fresh PSS? Am planning on replacing the original PS2 with PSS when it's time, but the Bridgestones are SOOO much cheaper and rated nearly as high.

Really hard for me to tell, it's been a year since my PSSes were new. From everything I can remember though, the S-04s seem like they're on par or close to it. There might be slightly more give in the sidewall. All I can say for sure is I'm making more power now than I was a year ago and the S-04s seem to be handling it very nicely.

EJGPharmMD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Sedan

Just put new PSS on this afternoon. Discount tire says they in backorder, had to get my shipped from 2 locations in Houston. They are miles ahead if PS2 IMO. Plus much better tread wear.

opposite locker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '14 OBM Vagon 6mt

Well, that's good enough for me to consider the S04's once done with the PS2's. Guess it'll all depend on the bank account situation at the time.

datadawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Vagon Ordered

Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post

Oh, and here's why the wagon is best:

Were you able to fit all 4 tires in there?? Will they fit "standing up?"

Yes all 4 tires fit in there, but they weren't standing up.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Tires age, even when you don't drive on them - this is especially true of performance tires. Burn them up or replace them if they no longer feel safe. 25,000 miles is LOT of miles to get out of ANY set of tires in a CTS-V2. This is a great example of how the PS2 PSS are in terms of tread life for an ultra performance tire.

I've had performance all season that didn't last 20,000 miles with regular driving.....just saying.

petepd is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I can't believe what I'm reading! You guys are getting over 20,000 on a set of tires? I'm lucky if a get 12,000. You guys aren't having enough fun!!!!

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by petepd
    I can't believe what I'm reading! You guys are getting over 20,000 on a set of tires? I'm lucky if a get 12,000. You guys aren't having enough fun!!!!
    +1.

My V is just shy of 13K miles on the odometer with the original tires and I don't think I'll make it to 15K much less 20K.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Tru Dat!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.