BMW M3 no longer "on the trailer" - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree4Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, BMW M3 no longer "on the trailer" in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by shortshift You can quote all the published reports you care to and believe them if you want. ...
    CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by shortshift View Post

You can quote all the published reports you care to and believe them if you want.
    My experience is contrary.
    The level of quality and customer service with BMW is consistently higher than Cadillac. That doesn't make Cadillac undesirable just less than BMW. I am commenting on my personal experience with dozens of cars.
    I will continue to own both, and likely some others, and continue to be realistic about them all. None are perfect so I will choose my cars based on performance and desire and live with the results.
    You are all free to do the same.
    Not saying you are wrong. But my personal experience is that there is nothing special about BMW customer service at all. I had nothing but problems with my German cars and SUVs. And when I took them in for service I got the same service I found at my GM service departments... And that was honest excellent service from both. Only difference was GM was able to permanently fix my issues. Thus, I don't buy German cars any more.

shortshift is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52 View Post

Not saying you are wrong. But my personal experience is that there is nothing special about BMW customer service at all. I had nothing but problems with my German cars and SUVs. And when I took them in for service I got the same service I found at my GM service departments... And that was honest excellent service from both. Only difference was GM was able to permanently fix my issues. Thus, I don't buy German cars any more.
    Why can't I get my clicking wheels, rocking seat and wind noise resolved by a dealer? Each time I took it in I got the same temporary fix and the same canned answer: "there were debris stuck in the wheel speed sensor ring".
    We all know that is not what is causing the clicking so why lie to me? Why can't they fix the problem?
    BMW twin turbo motors had a problem with fuel pumps early on. Not only did they voluntarily replace the pumps they also extended the warranty on my fuel system to 100,000 miles.
    11,000 miles and I complain about noisy tires. New set of $1,800 tires cost me $400.
    I could go on but my point is I have been very fortunate with BMW service and not so much with my Cadillac's.

Quote Originally Posted by shortshift View Post

Why can't I get my clicking wheels, rocking seat and wind noise resolved by a dealer? Each time I took it in I got the same temporary fix and the same canned answer: "there were debris stuck in the wheel speed sensor ring".
    We all know that is not what is causing the clicking so why lie to me? Why can't they fix the problem?
    BMW twin turbo motors had a problem with fuel pumps early on. Not only did they voluntarily replace the pumps they also extended the warranty on my fuel system to 100,000 miles.
    11,000 miles and I complain about noisy tires. New set of $1,800 tires cost me $400.
    I could go on but my point is I have been very fortunate with BMW service and not so much with my Cadillac's.
    Not sure why they are telling you crap about clicking wheels cause I had the same thing... took it in once to Orr Cadillac in Shreveport and it never came back. That was two years ago. And I dont have any of your other issues. Sounds like an idiot technician that could exist at any dealer. He probably got fired from the BMW shop across the street.

On the other hand with my BMW I had a blinking headlight that they could not find the short on and kept telling me its working fine. I got few up when they both started doing it. They also could never fix my air conditioning. They said it was working up to factory specs cause it was dropping the temperature 20°. Well that doesn't cut it when its 110° outside. I've never had an Caddy that could not pump cold air. I also had VW Toureg that got 13.5 mpg highway that they said was normal. It would also change its self leveling system at random stops at red lights they couldn't explain either. Not to mention the same car with a brand new battery had to be jumped to start every three months or so cause the battery was drained. Never again with the Germans for me. Stranded me five times shame on me straded me a dozen times... time to stay the F!&#k away from over priced German crap.

Slizzo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 RSM CTS-V Wagon

Re: BMW M3 no longer "on the trailer"

Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
    BMW is notorious for vastly underrating their HP numbers. They claim the F10 M5 has 560 HP, but it's actually making closer to 630. They don't subject themselves to voluntary HP reporting standards like GM does, so they can get away with it. Weight is also part of it, the new M3/M4 are lighter than the previous M3.
    ATS is no pig either at just 3300-3400LBS.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

We've had our 2011 (CPO) X5 for close to two years now. Only made two trips in that time. The first was for warranty work (back up camera). Dealership was awesome and while it was in there they replaced front brakes and rotors covered under the "free" maintenance. Second time was last fall when it called for an oil change. They not only did that, but replaced rear brakes, rotors, flushed the brake fluid, installed new wipers among other minor things. Again covered under maintenance. Each time the dealer was awesome, courteous and bent over backwards to fit my schedule.

Then there was the experience I had with my previous 2012 3.6 CTS Coupe. First visit was for a faulty seatbelt buckle that would flash the warning light even though I was buckled. It was intermittent and before my appointment I brought it by the dealer so that they could see it flash. The day I drop it off they call me and tell me they hooked it up to the computer and got no codes. I tell them I am not getting diagnostic codes, the car thinks I'm not wearing my seatbelt. The SM then says, "you know if you're not wearing your seatbelt the light will flash....

Really?!

I had to go back and forth with him and they kept it another day. They call me the next day and said the computer didn't give them any codes. When I asked him if he remembered when I showed him the blinking light he said, "I wasn't paying attention if you were belted".

I had to threaten to savage them on their survey and escalated to the general manager.

They replaced the seatbelt buckle and the issue was addressed.

The second visit was for a squeaky sunshade. They replaced the whole sunshade. When I picked it up the fabric was all gathered and wrinkled. The glass roof rattled when it was open. Found out that they must've removed the glass panel and didn't tighten the screws back up.

I swore I will never go back to that dealer and will have another service my V.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

I have had the same experience with dealer service you had with your BMW on my Mercedes. The dealer has been great.

Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    I have had the same experience with dealer service you had with your BMW on my Mercedes. The dealer has been great.
    Like I said dealers are all the same no matter the manufacturer. They dont get their technicians from Harvard. They are all from the same batch of folks. I have had the same if not worse service from the Germans/American dealer with a German manufacturers name out front. Mostly worse with BMW and VW. Makes it even worse that they were more expensive cars/SUVs in my book.

I'd be irate if I ever had one reason to bring my 120k MB in for anything but proper maintenance. Considering recent quality ratings MB and Cadillac being virtually tied with only a slight edge to MB. Cadillac is a much better performing car for the money.

I'm not even back up to my sticker price after my discount and I can out accelerate any stock BMW or MB on the road.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.