BMW M3 no longer "on the trailer" - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, BMW M3 no longer "on the trailer" in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; For a starting price over 60k I'll look at different cars frankly anyway - with BMW option packages I wouldn't ...
    RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: BMW M3 no longer "on the trailer"

For a starting price over 60k I'll look at different cars frankly anyway - with BMW option packages I wouldn't be surprised an M3 would reach $80,000.

I'll be fine if its faster, I can only afford a used V2, and I can pocket $39,000, and sleep fine knowing I'm 1-2 10th slower. I don't particularly like the looks, but a 3500lb M4 with these great power number will be a great driving car - more power too them! ATS-V is going to have their hands full.

I'm more interested in the Lexus RC-F coupe, though unfort it probably won't beat out the bimmer.....I'm also interested to see what the new C63 will do....which is also better looking than the BMW and probably more expensive.

I'm fine with a 8 year newer platform being 1/10th faster....I can deal with it.
    CVP33 likes this.

shortshift is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post

Do you even sense bro?
    Help me understand your comment please?
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

mpouls1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '09 V 11.99@118mph, '11 Tahoe LTZ, '03 Silverado, '00 Jetta

I would be curious to know who is posting the high 11 numbers. Is it the car mags? A few of us stock guys can run sub 12's trapping 118+ (ahem). Still a fast car but not by much.

I can't wait to see what is coming out. I was looking at a turbo ATS just for fun to replace the wife's car but the new one's don't come with a manual. Guess they are reworking it. But if an ATS-V came out I would seriously consider picking one up.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

I ran 11.64@119mph with CAI and drag radials. Stock PS2's suck btw. I'll have the Supersports on by Tuesday. I believe that 11.85's are possible with Supersports.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...way-today.html

mpouls1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '09 V 11.99@118mph, '11 Tahoe LTZ, '03 Silverado, '00 Jetta

Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
    The new M3/M4 is very fast, I'm seeing numbers like high 11s @ 120
    Meant the M3/M4 when I was talking about where the numbers were coming from. We got plenty of documented guys in the 11's

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    I rather the RC F over the M4 any day. Caddy better pull off the ATS styling wise because the RC is a show stopper!

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

The RC is that thing that's so ugly you can't look away. Sorry. I'm just very passionate about how ugly it is.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...news/131129979

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

curious if it's true. Everyone seems to claim BMW's are more expensive to fix. For those that own a eurocar is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by dennych View Post
    curious if it's true. Everyone seems to claim BMW's are more expensive to fix. For those that own a eurocar is this true?
    Actually I find BMW's very inexpensive to own. New car service contract covers everything. Used certified cars can purchase service contracts as well.
    On our 9th BMW and have never paid extra for any service other than winter wheels and tires.
    Obviously your paying for the service contract but I find it a bargain.
    On the contrary my 13 CTSV 6MT coupe simply can't be fixed. Clicking wheels, wind noise, clunking tires in reverse turns, pulsating brake pedal at high speed.
    I would never have to tolerate any of this in my BMW. Sad example of the gap that still exists between GM and BMW quality.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

RC = Infiniti G37 for me. Now the Jaguar F-type coupe, that is a show stopper. The best part is they don't hold their value worth a flip so that $100k Jag will be $60k 3 years from now.
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    RC = Infiniti G37 for me. Now the Jaguar F-type coupe, that is a show stopper. The best part is they don't hold their value worth a flip so that $100k Jag will be $60k 3 years from now.
    That's true with the Mercedes also.

----------

A buddy of mine has been waiting for a manual wagon to be in his price range. He finally found one he could live with. But it was still a 2010 with 32k miles for $42k. The V holds its value much better.

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by shortshift View Post
    Actually I find BMW's very inexpensive to own. New car service contract covers everything. Used certified cars can purchase service contracts as well.
    On our 9th BMW and have never paid extra for any service other than winter wheels and tires.
    On the contrary my 13 CTSV 6MT coupe simply can't be fixed. Clicking wheels, wind noise, clunking tires in reverse turns, pulsating brake pedal at high speed.
    I would never have to tolerate any of this in my BMW. Sad example of the gap that still exists between GM and BMW quality.
    I was mainly referring to after the 5 year free maintenance and warranty run out.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by shortshift View Post
    You my friend are either:

A) Very lucky in your past ownership of BMW
    B) Delusional
    C) Always leased and therefore never had to actually pay for a german car to be fixed out of warranty.....

Parts are WAY more for Benz, BMW, Audi, and you are limited to a dealer in most cases, which charge a premium. This is simply a fact.

As to which is more reliable, thats a whole other argument, but I'll let the major reporting services speak for themselves, which they have already.
    V-Horse likes this.

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post

You my friend are either:

A) Very lucky in your past ownership of BMW
    B) Delusional
    C) Always leased and therefore never had to actually pay for a german car to be fixed out of warranty.....

Parts are WAY more for Benz, BMW, Audi, and you are limited to a dealer in most cases, which charge a premium. This is simply a fact.

As to which is more reliable, thats a whole other argument, but I'll let the major reporting services speak for themselves, which they have already.
    Last initial quality report I saw put Cadillac right there in the mix. Under Mercedes ever so slightly but better than BMW.

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52 View Post

Last initial quality report I saw put Cadillac right there in the mix. Under Mercedes ever so slightly but better than BMW.
    You can quote all the published reports you care to and believe them if you want.
    My experience is contrary.
    The level of quality and customer service with BMW is consistently higher than Cadillac. That doesn't make Cadillac undesirable just less than BMW. I am commenting on my personal experience with dozens of cars.
    I will continue to own both, and likely some others, and continue to be realistic about them all. None are perfect so I will choose my cars based on performance and desire and live with the results.
    You are all free to do the same.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.