2014 Cadillac CTS-V Production Info for Those of You with Vs on Order...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2014 Cadillac CTS-V Production Info for Those of You with Vs on Order... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; FYI per GM...all orders for Vs in the 3000 to 3300 event status will most likely be built the week ...
    GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

2014 Cadillac CTS-V Production Info for Those of You with Vs on Order...

FYI per GM...all orders for Vs in the 3000 to 3300 event status will most likely be built the week of April 21, 2014. If your order is at the 3400 event status, your V will most likely be built the week of April 14, 2014.

Any event status' in the 1100 to 2000, will most likely be built AFTER the week of April 21, 2014, but not sooner. It may be sometime in May from what I am seeing on all orders nationwide that have been placed.

If you guys have order numbers from your dealers, you can PM the order number to me and I can track your order to see where it is in the system.

Ordering cutoffs are fast approaching, so if you are on the fence don't wait until the last minute and get your orders in with ANY dealer that has the allocations.

Here are the ordering cutoffs for dealers WITH allocations:

V Coupe: 4/17/2014
    V Wagon: 4/17/2014
    V Sedan: ORDERING CLOSED NO WAY TO ORDER V SEDANS.

Dealers that DO NOT have allocations can NO longer place orders as the cutoff for them was March 21, 2014.

If you guys are having trouble ordering from your local dealers, the ONLY person that can help you is James Quinn at Les Stanford in Dearborn, MI. Over the years, he has worked pure magic at GM when nobody else could help me.

Contact him directly at:

Here is his direct phone and email:

313-724-1430

James_Quinn@lesstanford.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

camaroz06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS-V Production Info for Those of You with Vs on Order...

Quote Originally Posted by GM-4-LIFE View Post
    FYI per GM...all orders for Vs in the 3000 to 3300 event status will most likely be built the week of April 21, 2014. If your order is at the 3400 event status, your V will most likely be built the week of April 14, 2014.
    What are the different status events again?

Quote Originally Posted by camaroz06 View Post
    What are the different status events again?

1100, Preliminary order accepted
    2000, Order accepted by GM
    2030, Order re-edited (if necessary)
    2051, Order changed thru Web
    2500, Order preferenced
    3000, Order accepted by production control
    3100, Order available to sequence
    3300, Order scheduled for production
    3400, Order broadcast
    3800, Order produced
    4000, Available to ship
    4104, Bailment Invoice
    4200, Shipped
    4300, Intermediate Delivery
    4B00, Bayed
    5000, Delivered to the dealer
    6000, Delivered to the customer
    9000, Order Cancelled

I just placed my order for a 2014 V Coupe this past Friday, March 21 and it went from an initial 1100 status to 2500 status today. WOW! That was fast! It skipped the 2000 event status where it should have said for at least another couple weeks and is now at order preferenced status. This is despite the fact that V Coupes are on constraint right now until at least April 21, 2014, so maybe that is the week it will be built. Most of the Vs ordered are being scheduled for a TPW of 4/21/2014 for now.

I have a 2015 Escalade on order and it has been sitting at 1100 status since 2/17/2014 when I placed the order. To date, it has not moved from the 1100 event status. 2015 Escalades show they are on constraint until at least the week of April 28, 2014. The wait for that truck will most likely be longer than my 2014 V Coupe.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by GM-4-LIFE View Post
    I just placed my order for a 2014 V Coupe this past Friday, March 21 and it went from an initial 1100 status to 2500 status today. WOW! That was fast! It skipped the 2000 event status where it should have said for at least another couple weeks and is now at order preferenced status. This is despite the fact that V Coupes are on constraint right now until at least April 21, 2014, so maybe that is the week it will be built. Most of the Vs ordered are being scheduled for a TPW of 4/21/2014 for now.

I have a 2015 Escalade on order and it has been sitting at 1100 status since 2/17/2014 when I placed the order. To date, it has not moved from the 1100 event status. 2015 Escalades show they are on constraint until at least the week of April 28, 2014. The wait for that truck will most likely be longer than my 2014 V Coupe.
    Hello GM-4-LIFE,

That’s great to hear! I am sorry that your Escalade’s status hasn’t changed, but I’m glad that your V Coupe will be produced soon! Be sure to post a picture of both when you take delivery of them. We will be sure to be on the lookout for your posts!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Mr. Life, Do you know how much time I wasted because of your misinformation about V-sedans?????

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by the blur View Post
    Mr. Life, Do you know how much time I wasted because of your misinformation about V-sedans?????
    ?

Incidentally, I've found anonymous posters on the internet to be - generally speaking - better informed than the "We sell Cadillacs professionally" Dealers in my area.

Y u B trippin'?

Quote Originally Posted by the blur View Post
    I already apologized to you personally via this forum and via private message. How many more times do you want me to apologize? I was relying on info from GM Corporate directly and thought the information I was receiving was accurate. GM's DBC was giving me incorrect information on several different occasions. I honestly didn't mean to give you bad information. Again, I apologize. I am willing to help you find the car at a dealer. I can assist you in finding what you want. PM me what you want, including color and options and I will check every dealer in every state for you. Ordering cutoff for 2014 V Sedans was back in June of 2013.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by GM-4-LIFE
    I already apologized to you personally via this forum and via private message. How many more times do you want me to apologize? I was relying on info from GM Corporate directly and thought the information I was receiving was accurate. Again, I apologize. Good luck finding a V sedan on the ground built the way you want. It has to be out there. I can assist you in finding what you want. PM me what you want color and options and I will check every dealer in every state for you. I am willing to do that for you. Ordering cutoff for 2014 V Sedans was back in June of 2013.
    Why are you bothering? It's like he's blaming you when in reality he waited too long to order. You were just passing along the information given you you.

As many disclaimers state, "no warranties specific or implied". You owe him nothing and since he's acting like it's your fault because he didn't get his V, I'd let him find it on his own because if you find one and it sells before he calls, it'll probably be your fault again.

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    Why are you bothering? It's like he's blaming you when in reality he waited too long to order. You were just passing along the information given you you.

As many disclaimers state, "no warranties specific or implied". You owe him nothing and since he's acting like it's your fault because he didn't get his V, I'd let him find it on his own because if you find one and it sells before he calls, it'll probably be your fault again.
    I am trying to help him get the car he wants as I would like to help. I feel kind of responsible sending him on a wild goose chase for nothing, but I was just going on information from GM directly. I am willing to spend the time in the GM system searching every dealer's inventory in every state to get him taken care of. I don't want anyone thinking I intentionally posted bad info. I would never do that and I am trying to do the right thing here.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by GM-4-LIFE
    I don't want anyone thinking I intentionally posted bad info. I would never do that and I am trying to do the right thing here.
    I'm sure that except for him, no one thinks that.
    Teutonaddict and RapidRob like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    I'm sure that except for him, no one thinks that.
    Thanks! Glad that almost everyone sees that my intentions were good.
    RapidRob likes this.

vfaninva is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    All you did was share the info you had. If he can't be grown up enough to accept that it's his problem.

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Me personally, I do not provide information that I did not verify myself. I stand behind my words, and my workmanship. That's why my business thrives, and my customers keep on coming back.

vfaninva is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    You're right. GM-4-LIFE gave you some bad info. He didn't mean to lead you in the wrong direction, he just shared the info he had.
    He could have double checked it and didn't. Maybe he didn't have time, maybe he simply trusted his sources. In any event it was a human error for which he has already apologized at least twice.
    What more do you want?

And let's not forget that he has been very helpful to members of this forum as a whole.
    RapidRob likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.