2014 Cadillac CTS-V Production Info for Those of You with Vs on Order... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2014 Cadillac CTS-V Production Info for Those of You with Vs on Order... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; My order went in on March 21 and my V Coupe is scheduled with a TPW of April 21. Who ...
    GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS-V Production Info for Those of You with Vs on Order...

My order went in on March 21 and my V Coupe is scheduled with a TPW of April 21. Who knows when it will get out here to L.A.

It's going to be every bit of 8 weeks total before it gets here.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Mine was six weeks from order to delivery. I live close (240 miles) to the factory and it took two weeks for delivery. Go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    Mine was six weeks from order to delivery. I live close (240 miles) to the factory and it took two weeks for delivery. Go figure!
    It usually takes 4 weeks or more to get out here to California.

HPD177 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I missed the cutoff. My salesman sent me an email stating GM will not accept anymore orders. I had planned to put order in on the 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by HPD177 View Post
    I missed the cutoff. My salesman sent me an email stating GM will not accept anymore orders. I had planned to put order in on the 5th.
    PM me what color and options you want and I can run a nationwide dealer locate for you to see if the car you want is out there. I have found at least 5 Vs out there for forum members in the last few days built very closely to their ideal V. I can try to find yours as well. Let me know.

Aldeb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V coupe

Quote Originally Posted by GM-4-LIFE View Post
    PM me what color and options you want and I can run a nationwide dealer locate for you to see if the car you want is out there. I have found at least 5 Vs out there for forum members in the last few days built very closely to their ideal V. I can try to find yours as well. Let me know.
    Shaun helped me find my car in a matter of hours! Thank again Shaun!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldeb View Post
    Shaun helped me find my car in a matter of hours! Thank again Shaun!
    Welcome!! I am here to help!!

Teutonaddict is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 6MN Vagon OBM

GM has closed all 2014 V Ordering and has already sequenced all V Coupes and V Wagons for production. No more orders can be placed. Just letting everyone know. They originally had an April 17 ordering cutoff, but they moved that date up to March 21 without advance notice.
    Well, I was one of those who waited until the last possible minute to pull the trigger. Got to the magic numbers on the deal and trading my '09 sedan, wrote the check, and then got the dreaded call from my sales guy--with the information that Shaun had already posted. DOH!!

Good news is that Shaun helped locate a few Vagons to my specs not far from me, so there's still a high likelihood of me joining the ranks of the 6MN Vagon unicorn club. I'll keep y'all posted.

GM-4-LIFE, thanks for your contributions to this community!

camaroz06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Has anyone's production week slipped? I went from having a production week of 4/14/14 for the past month to not being sure when it may be completed. Maybe Im reading into it too much, but its a bit of disappointing order news to start the week...

*Edit, my question wasn't very well worded. I guess the car is still slated for production this week, they just aren't sure of a specific date for the VIN or shipping. False alarm! I just want to thank the Cadillac/GM reps on the boards for putting up with me!

Quote Originally Posted by camaroz06 View Post
    Has anyone's production week slipped? I went from having a production week of 4/14/14 for the past month to not being sure when it may be completed. Maybe Im reading into it too much, but its a bit of disappointing order news to start the week...

*Edit, my question wasn't very well worded. I guess the car is still slated for production this week, they just aren't sure of a specific date for the VIN or shipping. False alarm! I just want to thank the Cadillac/GM reps on the boards for putting up with me!
    If you want you can PM me your order number and I can tell you exactly when the car is built and I can send you the VIN # as soon as the car is built. It should be built sometime tomorrow.

datadawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Vagon Ordered

If you guys are having trouble ordering from your local dealers, the ONLY person that can help you is James Quinn at Les Stanford in Dearborn, MI. Over the years, he has worked pure magic at GM when nobody else could help me.

Contact him directly at:

Here is his direct phone and email:

313-724-1430

James_Quinn@lesstanford.com
    I went to Tropical Cadillac (the dealer in FL with 14 Vagons on the lot) and wanted to order a wagon. The GM there said not possible, window is closed (this was on 4/16). In desperation, I called James Quinn 2x and left him messages that I got his contact info from the CTS-V forum and I was ready to order NOW. He never called me back. I ordered a V wagon from a dealer in VA couple days ago, but I suspect they don't know what they are doing (they had 1 V in stock, but not my specs)... and I probably will be getting a "we're sorry" call any day.

----------

If you want you can PM me your order number and I can tell you exactly when the car is built and I can send you the VIN # as soon as the car is built. It should be built sometime tomorrow.
    Does anyone know and GM Lifer, in particular... why o why doesn't the GM web site show inventory beyond about 100 mile radius of the zip code? I've literally spent hours zip coding the entire US map and looking up inventory of Vagons. Is there any way to look up inventory nationally??

I ordered a plum vagon, 6 MT, but don't think the order will stick. Tropical Cadillac in Bradenton had the car in stock, but it had 160 miles on it and that's a deal breaker for me. If my order doesn't go (which I'm sure will be the case), what's the best route to find inventory?

I have GMS through my wife, so pricing is easy and dealer "deal" not a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by datadawg View Post
    I went to Tropical Cadillac (the dealer in FL with 14 Vagons on the lot) and wanted to order a wagon. The GM there said not possible, window is closed (this was on 4/16). In desperation, I called James Quinn 2x and left him messages that I got his contact info from the CTS-V forum and I was ready to order NOW. He never called me back. I ordered a V wagon from a dealer in VA couple days ago, but I suspect they don't know what they are doing (they had 1 V in stock, but not my specs)... and I probably will be getting a "we're sorry" call any day.

----------

Does anyone know and GM Lifer, in particular... why o why doesn't the GM web site show inventory beyond about 100 mile radius of the zip code? I've literally spent hours zip coding the entire US map and looking up inventory of Vagons. Is there any way to look up inventory nationally??

I ordered a plum vagon, 6 MT, but don't think the order will stick. Tropical Cadillac in Bradenton had the car in stock, but it had 160 miles on it and that's a deal breaker for me. If my order doesn't go (which I'm sure will be the case), what's the best route to find inventory?

I have GMS through my wife, so pricing is easy and dealer "deal" not a factor.
    Last day to order a V wagon was 3/21. Surprised they were even able to place the order for you. My advice is buy whatever you can find on the ground at a dealer, as this is the last year and once they are gone, you will be out of luck. Topical may be your only option. General manager there seems very nice to deal with. I have already exchanged emails with him.

datadawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Vagon Ordered

Last day to order a V wagon was 3/21. Surprised they were even able to place the order for you. My advice is buy whatever you can find on the ground at a dealer, as this is the last year and once they are gone, you will be out of luck. Topical may be your only option. General manager there seems very nice to deal with. I have already exchanged emails with him.
    I keep asking them for the order # and it's been 2 days now, still waiting. The sales guy told me his boss was sure order can be placed, though I think you are right and they just don't know better.
    I might be back to Tropical if all else fails. I've been lusting for a Vagon for 3 years, just sitting on the fence and enjoying my day dreams. I did find a few SALVAGE V's that came out of Bondurant race school (2013's) with about 2,500 miles and they are really aggressively priced. So I'm also conflicted about just buying one for $20K less and then I can be oblivious to color or options. Sigh. There's always the C7 and minivan twofer as an option, instead of a vagon, if all else fails.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate
    Take the 160mi car and embrace the long warranty. Every day you wait your options are getting slimmer.

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    What's the problem with a car that only has 160 miles on it?
    If the vehicle has the options you want you should really give it another think.
    You could be wasting a one time opportunity. Just my .02
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.