They pulled the trans
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, They pulled the trans in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; So a few months ago I posted about how my cruise control didn't work on my 2012 CTS-V manual (sedan). ...
    Z06_Mir is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Manual 2012 CTS-V

They pulled the trans

So a few months ago I posted about how my cruise control didn't work on my 2012 CTS-V manual (sedan). I took it in for what I thought was going to be a sensor replacement but they wanted to replace the master which apparently means they pulled the trans? They gave me a new ATS turbo to drive while it's away, but still it seems like a 2012 V shouldn't need a master, much less the trans pulled for it. Anyone else had an experience like this? I haven't owned a vehicle with a warranty in years (had a 2007 Z06 for 3.5 years before this) so it's been a looooong time since I've stepped foot in a dealership service department.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06_Mir View Post
    So a few months ago I posted about how my cruise control didn't work on my 2012 CTS-V manual (sedan). I took it in for what I thought was going to be a sensor replacement but they wanted to replace the master which apparently means they pulled the trans? They gave me a new ATS turbo to drive while it's away, but still it seems like a 2012 V shouldn't need a master, much less the trans pulled for it. Anyone else had an experience like this? I haven't owned a vehicle with a warranty in years (had a 2007 Z06 for 3.5 years before this) so it's been a looooong time since I've stepped foot in a dealership service department.
    Last year, My 2013 automatic had the transmission replaced due to a slipping issue. Car only had 7,000 miles on it. Took 3 weeks to diagnose and fix. Stuff happens.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: They pulled the trans

Quote Originally Posted by Z06_Mir View Post
    Hi Z06_Mir,

I apologize for the difficulties you are having with your CTS, but I am happy you are working with the dealership to get them resolved. Should you ever feel like you need additional assistance, please send us a PM. Please let us know how the repairs go. Have a great day.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I come from the Corvette world, where the TR6060 is the "end all be all" of transmissions (my 2007 Z had the ol T56). I didn't expect anything to be wrong trans wise, but oh well. I just want my car back soon. Not that I'm complaining about an ATS Turbo loaner.... but it was 90* today and my a/c seats would have been great!

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 MN6 V Coupe, 2015i Escalade Premium

90 degrees? Where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by GM-4-LIFE View Post
    90 degrees? Where do you live?
    Phoenix.

Car is back, they fixed the issue. I have no idea if the master was the route of the problem (which they replaced) or if they adjusted the pedal after and that fixed it. They also replaced my steering wheel because there was a lot of wear on it (suede) and I mentioned it. I was a little sad that Desert Cadillac moved so far away from where I live, so I went to the next closest place which was Coulter Cadillac and they did a good job. Car will be back next time it needs something

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.