Highway Driving
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Highway Driving in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Why does everybody and their brother want to race me? Just returned from a 7 hour family road trip knocked ...
    Derkyb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS V

Highway Driving

Why does everybody and their brother want to race me? Just returned from a 7 hour family road trip knocked off a BMW, SRT8, TIBURON 300ZX, MUSTANG GT, with the wife and son in the car! I know it was stupid but they kept aggin me on! and im not one to back down from a challenge! Shes not happy with me right now LOL
    Club Malibu likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vfaninva is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Derkyb View Post
    knocked off a BMW, SRT8, TIBURON 300ZX, MUSTANG GT, with the wife and son in the car! Shes not happy with me right now LOL
    SMH You're wife is smarter than you.

Derkyb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS V

Re: Highway Driving

lol yep thats why I married her!!

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

Sometimes, you have to put other cars in their place. I enjoying doing to to Panamera S or 911S Porsches. Turbo is another matter, but its close. Oh, S4's too…..fun to kill them. Only Audi I would be concerned with is a RS7…..those things sound wicked.

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    I've watched lots of asssholes try to race me only to get a ticket a minute later from a cop I knew was hiding nearby.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Derkyb
    Why does everybody and their brother want to race me? Just returned from a 7 hour family road trip knocked off a BMW, SRT8, TIBURON 300ZX, MUSTANG GT, with the wife and son in the car! I know it was stupid but they kept aggin me on! and im not one to back down from a challenge! Shes not happy with me right now LOL
    Because everyone knows what a badass a V2 is....and they want to see it run. Whether or not you oblige is a personal decision, I guess. I get every kid in the world trying to get me to firewall it from most every stop light we hit.

Jerry_CTSVSport is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V Sport

It's funny.. I get that too. No match for the CTS power tho

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

I just smile and say Nah... not an even race... get some mods and come back. Then wait for insulted looks from them and drive off normally.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

I think a good rule is to not race with no-consent passengers and children in the car. That's the kind of thing you expect from a mustang owner with a need to feel special (like the other 48,000 mustangs on the road).

Sometimes bad things happen even to the most skilled of drivers, which is why drag strips require helmets, etc. So although you were having a little fun because you don't want to back down from the challenge of a total stranger... in a way, you were purposefully endangering your wife and child.

So yeah, you have to make your own decisions - but my wife would be equally pissed off; and in my opinion rightfully so as I'd be ticked if she showed poor judgement with child. I save the fun stuff for when I'm driving solo: it's what responsible parents do.

Your mileage may vary.
    CVP33 and Cashr22 like this.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    A friend of mine has a blown Viper that sounds like a big-block mounted in a Scarab. He gets it all the time, too, and eventually he made a small sign he kept wedged between the seats. When he got challenged, he'd hold it up and smile. It says "You Win".
    FLTRI likes this.

brent38 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapspeed
    A friend of mine has a blown Viper that sounds like a big-block mounted in a Scarab. He gets it all the time, too, and eventually he made a small sign he kept wedged between the seats. When he got challenged, he'd hold it up and smile. It says "You Win".
    LOL, Classic!

Tro Budden is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V sedan, thunder grey, 6speed

a carrera 4s pulled up beside me the other day, starts reving his engine to entice. Are we at a point where general public knows we have serious firepower under the hood, because i see more and more high end car guys trying to race me instead of the typical civic with a hood scoop. Oh yeah and S4 owners hate V's, i get the hate stare everytime a s4 pulls along side.

jb_bgg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black/Black V, Manual, Recaros, loaded

Take the badges off...
    CVP33 and P0land like this.

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

What's done is done, but I'd try and rethink your decision so that if a similar opportunity presents itself again, you consider the example that is set for your son when he sees you choose to get involved in a race on a public road. You realize (as you say) that it was a stupid thing to do... so then make the first priority to set a good example for your son rather than not backing down from a challenge. Kids are so-o-o impressionable and they do look up to their parents.

Best regards,

Elie
    CVP33 likes this.

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

For me, it's those dang Challenger R/T's. They always rev their motor at me in traffic.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.