Traded V for V-Sport
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Traded V for V-Sport in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; As you guys already know, I had been shopping my V for trade. A dealer ended up giving me 54K ...
    gmfamily is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

Traded V for V-Sport

As you guys already know, I had been shopping my V for trade. A dealer ended up giving me 54K for it, and I bought a 2014 CTS V-Sport. I have a full write up of the deal/ the V-sport/ and some pics under the V-Sport section. Still happy to be apart of the CTS family, and look forward to joining the V series family again in the 3rd gen!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 MN6 V Coupe, 2015i Escalade Premium

Re: Traded V for V-Sport

Congrats! Why did you trade in the V?

dl72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Congrats
    gmfamily likes this.

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    That's a really nice ride, enjoy!
    gmfamily likes this.

09SRT8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Nice ride, interior looks awesome !
    gmfamily likes this.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

I don't get the trade since they're totally different vehicles, but I also hear the TT setup takes to light mods and a tune very, very well.

Congrats on the deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    I don't get the trade since they're totally different vehicles, but I also hear the TT setup takes to light mods and a tune very, very well.

Congrats on the deal!

Surprisingly, the V-Sport shares a lot of the performance from the V. There is a greater sense of speed, and on normal twisty roads handles great. Of course if the V could get all its power to the road, it would seem a lot faster. I am surprised the PTM system never made it to the V from the ZL1? Both the CTS-V and CTS V=Sport are both very luxurious and fast. One is just more luxurious/modern and the other is just more crazy powerful.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Nice ride but...Meh

I bet the interior and new HUD stuff is make the driving fun even if the pedal doesn't!

How is the interior noise?

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Congratulations on your successful weight loss

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    Nice ride but...Meh

I bet the interior and new HUD stuff is make the driving fun even if the pedal doesn't!

How is the interior noise?

"To Me" the V-Sport feels faster, and when in track mode, using the paddle shifters, it sounds better than my stock CTS-V did. On our general public roads the V-Sport has "to me" a greater sense of speed. The car is a lot lighter and power feels immediate. Again, if your on a race track and its a warm day the CTS-V would out shine the V-Sport big time. My V-Sport gets a lot more looks than my V did, and my V was a rare color with black wheels. Again, I attribute most of that to, the V-Sport is new and people have been looking at the current V since 2008. Then again, people drool over a base V6 Camaro more than a M3/M5. The general public is clueless about most cars, besides what catches their eyes. I went to a Mercedes dealer with a friend and they thought the CLA cost more and looked better than the E63 AMG that was sitting next to it. Although its hard if not impossible to enjoy all the acceleration benefits a high horsepower, rear wheel drive car provides, I am sure I will be back to the V series family for the 3rd Gen. Ravenous, I am also willing to bet my V-Sport could take your V (0 to 45) on a 50 degree day from a dead stop. Riding in my friends ZL1, he would lose to less powerful cars all the time, especially when temps went below 65(and he had PTM). Its only in that "pure acceleration" category I feel that the V-Sport falls behind the V. As many media/members who have driven both have said the V-Sport equals the V feel in the corners. I am not trying to convince anyone the V-Sport is better than the V. Its different strokes for different folks and thats good. I wanted something that had a little more useable performance (especially from Sept to March) and more luxury/tech. I also understand I got into my V very late (Jan of 2013) so I did not enjoy the newness factor many of you did. By the time I got my V it also trailed a lot of the other cars(M5/E63/S8/Panamera etc.. in its niche. All of that being said I loved my 2013-V and there are definitely times when I miss my Stealth Blue Devil!

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I'm glad you like your car. There are several cars that could take a V from 0-45. I bet a WRX would tak you from 0-35. I'm not sure what your point is there. In any case, I'm not trying to bash the Vsport, or you, other than I really don't care for its looks, and will see myself in something German long before what Cadillac has to offer.

Being a bit lighter, and I say a bit light, because I've had my coupe weighed and it was 4180 (not the 4300 pig everyone says it is), and the Vsport isn't a 3800lb car - I'm sure it feels great as a drivers car. Lots of ravs about it, which have made it into the SS sedan it seems. The new platform is suppodely more rigid, and I'll bet that translates into some great feel. I'd be curious how the ride differs, but unless I happen to know someone with one I'll probably never find out.

The new cadillac just looks like an old persons car again. I won't hijack your thread anymore, although there is a Vsport forum now, so get out of here (just kidding).

I have sat in the new Cadillacs, and they have very upscale feel - impressive. I do like the front end as well of the new CTS. I wouldn't say I'd pick it over a Benz or Audi in terms of style, but its very nice from a material standpoint no question about it and on par with quality.

Congrats on the car, don't do something crazy like bust of the tranny with some crazy chip tune - let some other people do that first!

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    I'm glad you like your car. There are several cars that could take a V from 0-45. I bet a WRX would tak you from 0-35. I'm not sure what your point is there. In any case, I'm not trying to bash the Vsport, or you, other than I really don't care for its looks, and will see myself in something German long before what Cadillac has to offer.

Being a bit lighter, and I say a bit light, because I've had my coupe weighed and it was 4180 (not the 4300 pig everyone says it is), and the Vsport isn't a 3800lb car - I'm sure it feels great as a drivers car. Lots of ravs about it, which have made it into the SS sedan it seems. The new platform is suppodely more rigid, and I'll bet that translates into some great feel. I'd be curious how the ride differs, but unless I happen to know someone with one I'll probably never find out.

The new cadillac just looks like an old persons car again. I won't hijack your thread anymore, although there is a Vsport forum now, so get out of here (just kidding).

I have sat in the new Cadillacs, and they have very upscale feel - impressive. I do like the front end as well of the new CTS. I wouldn't say I'd pick it over a Benz or Audi in terms of style, but its very nice from a material standpoint no question about it and on par with quality.

Congrats on the car, don't do something crazy like bust of the tranny with some crazy chip tune - let some other people do that first!
    I had a 120,000 M5 being built before I bought my 13-V. I ended up having to replace my wife's Denali, before my build finished so I cancelled it. I love Germans cars too, just be prepared to pay. I find the Germans are best when you check all the boxes. Once I do that I am always looking at six figures. An unlike American performance cars the Germans are a money pit after four years. You just kinda have to commit to a 1k plus lease payment for life to keep having fun.

My only point with the 0 to 45 thing was a lower horsepower car with better traction can have a fun go pedal too. I am not sure how the 3rd gen CTS-V is planning to get 600 plus hp to the pavement without AWD? I assume there will be some form of launch control or PTM system.

You were not taking over the thread, I appreciate your opinion. When I was a member on bimmerpost the previous gen guys and current gen guys would always disagree. You should have seen the reaction when the M5 dropped the V10 for the TT V8. I hear it happens on the Vett forums all the time too.

I am really into enjoying all the HP I paid for all the time. The one reason we almost bought the 09 GT-R. My V just was not that fun in the winter. Since I would have had to spend money on a winter set up, I just spent it on a different car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by gmfamily View Post
    As you guys already know, I had been shopping my V for trade. A dealer ended up giving me 54K for it, and I bought a 2014 CTS V-Sport. I have a full write up of the deal/ the V-sport/ and some pics under the V-Sport section. Still happy to be apart of the CTS family, and look forward to joining the V series family again in the 3rd gen!

Congratulations on your recent trade for a 2014 V-Sport, gmfamily! I wish many happy miles for you to come during your ownership experience. If you ever have any concerns or questions that arise, please feel free to send us a private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

V-Horse is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

It's like saying an M sport is better than an M5....Get real now a real V is a special car.

Quote Originally Posted by V-Horse View Post
    It's like saying an M sport is better than an M5....Get real now a real V is a special car.
    A F10 BMW 550 with the M sport pkg has similar performance to the E60 M5. Why am I wasting time on such a unintelligent remark.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    carlson_mn likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.