Supercharger Oil
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Supercharger Oil in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I just purchased a brand new supercharger from the dealership....how much oil does this thing take and where do I ...
    1stz06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None but really NEED a "V"

Supercharger Oil

I just purchased a brand new supercharger from the dealership....how much oil does this thing take and where do I put it in.?

Thanks for your help.

J.R.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Supercharger Oil

how much does that set you back ?

Sorry, I don't know how much oil

mrkool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, Harley VROD (Night Rod)

There is no separate oil for the super charger it uses your engine oil to lubricate.

ninja44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 13' White Diamond CTS-V 6MT

Incorrect information like that is what drags forums down, please actually know the answer before spewing out garbage like that. The supercharger has a sealed reservoir accessed by a fill hole (usually allen head bolt) and is drained and filled through that hole. I haven't really ventured to check mine out yet but I will in the spring.

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Quote Originally Posted by ninja44 View Post
    Incorrect information like that is what drags forums down, please actually know the answer before spewing out garbage like that. The supercharger has a sealed reservoir accessed by a fill hole (usually allen head bolt) and is drained and filled through that hole. I haven't really ventured to check mine out yet but I will in the spring.
    My '97 L67 supercharged Bonneville had exactly what you are describing and I fondly remember going to the dealer and buying a bottle of the supercharger oil and changing it out every once in awhile (or filling the reservoir!) using a mini turkey baster. Instructions to locate the fill hole and unscrew the cap with an allan key were included in the owners' manual. When I got the V, I scoured the manual looking for similar instructions for our car, but was unable to find them. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that our setup is indeed a closed system that requires zero owner maintenance. If I'm wrong please let me know - I have full bottle of supercharger oil for an L67 looking to be used!

Best regards,

Elie

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

I just looked at the owner's manual. There is no mention whatsoever of supercharger oil. Suspect what garfin is saying above is true.

uptownvinc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTV-V
    Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob
    I just looked at the owner's manual. There is no mention whatsoever of supercharger oil. Suspect what garfin is saying above is true.
    My dealership changed mine. He's talking the truth. I have a picture of the oil i used named SUPERCHARGER OIL from AC delco. The dealsership said its basicallu permanent but replaced with new ones anyways.

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

so....to get to the OP's question....would a new supercharger come with the reservoir already filled? Seems like it should....or at least come with a big tag on it that says ADD OIL BEFORE INSTALLATION OR USE. Kinda like a new lawn mower......

ninja44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 13' White Diamond CTS-V 6MT

New blowers are pre filled when built. GM says "non serviceable" but I will change mine out at 50K, 100K etc.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

So these guys with catch cans are seeing supercharger oil and saying it's motor oil with blow-by or what then?

davidjtsteele is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I'm new to oiling so bare with me for the next few days.

mrkool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, Harley VROD (Night Rod)

I did not see any mention of Oil change for the super charger and thought that they had done the same thing as with other bolt on super charger systems where they tap the pan.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

GM would've put it in the manual if it was necessary. It's in the sts manual for the supercharger in the v. So you're probably good. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt though.

seeet vv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTSV, ESC. EXT

Quote Originally Posted by ninja44 View Post
    What drags down forums is people that respond to other posts in a demeaning childish way.

Billy Madison said it best. a simple "wrong" would've done just fine.
    mrkool likes this.

pillaplease is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by seeet vv
    What drags down forums is people that respond to other posts in a demeaning childish way. Billy Madison said it best. a simple "wrong" would've done just fine.
    . +1
    Attached Images
    mrkool likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.