Does you V vibrate or make a noise while doing a stall test?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Does you V vibrate or make a noise while doing a stall test? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; so after the supercharger replacements the sound is still there and GM is saying drive the car for 500 miles ...
    mrkool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, Harley VROD (Night Rod)

Does you V vibrate or make a noise while doing a stall test?

so after the supercharger replacements the sound is still there and GM is saying drive the car for 500 miles and the sound should go away and i told them BS. the dealership said they have new cars on the lot making the same noise can you guys do this test for me please

put the car in park
    hold the brake down with one foot
    put thecae in gear
    give it a little gas 900-1200 rpm
    listen or feel for vibration at a certain point
    in my case you can hear and feel the vibration through out the car

these steps are how i duplicate the problem while putting the engine under a little bit of load i normally don't do this normally i feel this when i am on an incline or something

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

uptownvinc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTV-V
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkool
    so after the supercharger replacements the sound is still there and GM is saying drive the car for 500 miles and the sound should go away and i told them BS. the dealership said they have new cars on the lot making the same noise can you guys do this test for me please

put the car in park
    put thecae in gear

these steps are how i duplicate the problem while putting the engine under a little bit of load i normally don't do this normally i feel this when i am on an incline or something
    Isnt this the isolate bearing inside the charger? If it is, mine has it, my friends has it and most other V2s have it. Im totally fighting the dealership to replace it but they are keep saying its normal. However, i wont give up on this one.

Re: Does you V vibrate or make a noise while doing a stall test?

My dealership has put in 4 new super chargers and all of them had this issue. They told me that they have a new car in the Lot that did not have this and they are replacing its super charger with mine (sounds way too fishy to me as no dealership in their right mind will let the service department open up a brand new cadillac to fix an old one) they also put in a new complete exhaust.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by mrkool View Post

put the car in park
    put thecae in gear

Hello mrkool,

I am sorry to hear that you are having a concern with your CTS-V’s supercharger. Please keep us updated when you speak to the dealership further. If you would like my assistance at all, please feel free to private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership that you are working with. I will be sure to look for your updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by uptownvinc View Post
    Isnt this the isolate bearing inside the charger? If it is, mine has it, my friends has it and most other V2s have it. Im totally fighting the dealership to replace it but they are keep saying its normal. However, i wont give up on this one.
    Hello uptownvinc,

I apologize that you are experiencing this concern as well with your vehicle and disagree with what the dealership is telling you. I cannot guarantee a different resolution, but I would be more than happy to reach out to the dealership and speak with them further about this concern. Please private message if this is something that you would like me to do.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Well my car is finally fixed yaaaaaaaaa

They are saying that they had 5 Vs in the dealership and 3 made the sound and 2 didn't and once they swapped the super charger now my car is not making it any more and the new one is. Also they are saying it is a casting issue with the super charger that is why the 4 new super chargers they put on were making the noise. In any case i get the car back tomorrow i am so excited.

vfaninva is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Congratulations! Still can't believe they experimented with a new V.

i can't believe it but the service ticket actually says they replaced my supercharger with a new one from a new stock V i also got a new exhaust out of this

vfaninva is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Kool!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.