manufacturer buyback 2011 V coupe
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, manufacturer buyback 2011 V coupe in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ...
    Envy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V COUPE BLACK DIAMOND EDITION

manufacturer buyback 2011 V coupe

my 2011 cts coupe was wrecked recently (i'm ok) :-) but not i am looking at getting the same car, then i start moving towards the V's.
    Long story short, found one thats a manufacturers buy back and was wondering if anybody has had any experience with this or would even look at the car? i also know that there are some smart people on here and also even employees from dealerships, so any advice would help, loved my coupe, but was doing every mod possible to make it look like a V… Thank you in advance...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Why was it a buy back? Has the problem been fixed / failed part replaced? What price, Recaro's and other extras, and what about warranty?

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    my 2011 cts coupe was wrecked recently (i'm ok) :-) but not i am looking at getting the same car, then i start moving towards the V's.
    Long story short, found one thats a manufacturers buy back and was wondering if anybody has had any experience with this or would even look at the car? i also know that there are some smart people on here and also even employees from dealerships, so any advice would help, loved my coupe, but was doing every mod possible to make it look like a V… Thank you in advance...
    Get a copy of the title. If it was a lemon law buyback, it might be branded as such. Also get a full service history. GM isn't in the habit of buying back perfectly good cars.

The sales rep couldn't tell me exactly why it was a buyback, told me that it just was listed on the title as a manufacturer buyback. Not sure if he really knew or not. He told me that the problem would have "had" to be fixed or they wouldn't allow it to be sold. I will try and bite the bullet and pay for the carfax, but want to know if there's a better way of researching or even worth it.

Would the dealer be able to help me out with this if I bring them the vin? Has anyone ever purchased a car with this title type?

r45t4m4n is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: manufacturer buyback 2011 V coupe

So no warranty, questionable history and poor resale.... If you handy and can take care of all your repairs and plan on keeping the car, if the price is right.

Quote Originally Posted by r45t4m4n
    So no warranty, questionable history and poor resale.... If you handy and can take care of all your repairs and plan on keeping the car, if the price is right.

Only has about 18k miles, so some warranty is left (2011). I'm sure the history report will be the biggest piece of info in deciding if it's worth the risk.

Doesn't sound like "worth the risk" is popular among the group though. Even if "the price is right??"

347strokin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 11' CTS V sedan - 08' Audi S6

If you're looking at a car in the V price range I'm sure you can afford a Car Fax check. Cheap piece of mind. May or may not have the info you require though. I've noticed a lot of dealers now actually include the Car Fax when looking at used vehicles. Considering the car is a buy back and he has no reason for it, he should supply one on his dime.

Quote Originally Posted by 347strokin
    If you're looking at a car in the V price range I'm sure you can afford a Car Fax check. Cheap piece of mind. May or may not have the info you require though. I've noticed a lot of dealers now actually include the Car Fax when looking at used vehicles. Considering the car is a buy back and he has no reason for it, he should supply one on his dime.
    Definitely. The price of the carfax isn't the issue, but you did answer something in that, will the carfax be the end all tell all? And it may not you're saying? So is there an absolute way of knowing what was wrong? If it was fixed? The answer may be no to this question I would imagine.

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    The sales rep couldn't tell me exactly why it was a buyback, told me that it just was listed on the title as a manufacturer buyback. Not sure if he really knew or not. He told me that the problem would have "had" to be fixed or they wouldn't allow it to be sold.
    Right there I would say goodbye. There are other V's out there. My advice is move on.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Branded title is a non-starter for me unless you plan on owning it forever. You can pick up ex-track cars for mid-30' so unless it's in that range I'd walk.

PWE
    PWE is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I bought a 2009 with a branded title. I looked at the Carfax also requested and got the service records. Nothing seemed too serious. I was willing to take the risk based on what my research told me. Plus I bought an extended warranty. Got about a 4-5 thousand dollar discount. When I got home and opened the trunk I had 3" of water in it. Called the dealer who sold it to me,Hendrick in KC, and they said you're on your own. So I took it to the local Cadillac dealer and they found that the sunroof drains had stopped up and fixed it for $100 bucks. Then the wheels started clicking and so I had the lug nuts replaced. Then found a bulge on the inside of the left rear tire and had to buy a $400.00 tire. It also had the rattling supercharger. Also noticed that someone had tried to get into the car by pulling the passenger side door out at the top and had bent the door frame slightly.
    Anyway had several problems but after spending about $1000 on stuff that the warranty would not pay for, a guy runs a stop sign and totals the car. I decided to use my insurance that I had been with for 25 years and not the other drivers. His was some shady company in FL that has multiple law suits against them. When it was all said and done State Farm (my insurance) totaled the car and paid me $6000 more than what I paid for the car. I even made them aware that it had branded title. We ended up buying an 2011 coupe that is in great shape and no branded title. Everything worked out great and I was fortunate to get rid of the 2009. And I will never buy another manufacturer buy back car.

1Sensei is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTSV COUPE

Run!!!!!!

akh
    akh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 DTS 2011 CTS-V COUPE

Not worth the chance. Keep looking

Great feedback by the story PWE. And it seems it's unanimous in the decision to stay away from this vehicle. Just heard some success stories of people really getting a deal for minor issues on these manufacturer buybacks...

Z06Trev is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Sedan

My thoughts on branded title, buy back, salvage or major accident damage vehicles:

If you are fully convinced that all repairs were done correctly and the vehicle will be safe and reliable (a big IF) and if you plan on keeping the car forever (another big IF), it might be a good deal. Remember to check the warranty status and take that into account in the price (sometimes a branded title will void the warranty)

On the other hand, if you plan on selling the car in a few years, it is not a good deal. Most of the savings you got when you purchased the car will be lost when you resell it. That branded title will stay with the car forever and it will always be worth less money.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.