No Bluetooth media protocoll or Cue on the 2014 CTS-V wagon.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dmax/04v
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, No Bluetooth media protocoll or Cue on the 2014 CTS-V wagon. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Brand new 2014 Owner here. I was disappointed to find that the Cue system was not included on the 2014 ...
    daign is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Lightbulb No Bluetooth streaming on the 2014 CTS-V wagon. Hacking in a new bluetooth unit...

Brand new 2014 Owner here. I was disappointed to find that the Cue system was not included on the 2014 CTS-V wagon which because all my music is through pandora. I was told by the salesmen that the only difference between the CUE equipped lineup was the popup screen on the Wagon. I may contact GM regarding the bluetooth A2DP streaming protocol (music and media). The AUX input on any car is analog and therefor the quality is much inferior. That is why having digital streaming is a major improvement.

For now I bought a $20 Bluetooth stereo gateway and plug in the 3.5mm and USB to get streaming to work. Now my phone is connected to the car for Phone calls via BT and the Media gateway for Media. The AUX quality sucks compared to the XM which doesnt say much because XM is compressed to all hell!

Very frustrating for an $75k car. But the cue system only comes in the new CTS V sport which I had zero interest in... Here is the item to help you folks out. Keeps the audio bluetooth digital. No analog loss...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8ThF...re=c4-overview

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    CUE is only on the new body '14 CTS. You can rant but it would've been an easy answer if asked here.

V-Horse is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: No Bluetooth media protocoll or Cue on the 2014 CTS-V wagon.

I prefer to listen to my engine, supercharger and my B&B exhaust instead...

dmax/04v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): A VEEE

Besides who wants a radio without knobs.
    Gman1023 likes this.

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

Get a new exhaust, did you not know that cue was NOT on the 14V? How could you buy one and not know that? Did you sit in or test drive one? Look on website? Ranting at GM will only make you look silly. And yes the V was designed circa 2006 or so, what do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    CUE is only on the new body '14 CTS. You can rant but it would've been an easy answer if asked here.
    Was just a bit shocked after seeing all the marketing about CUE everywhere. I had done a lot of research and GM sure does hide the fact that the CTS-V with the LSA only comes with the Nav non Cue setup.

I'm sure I'll get used to using my ipod again its just a step backwards for me thats all.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by V-Horse View Post
    I prefer to listen to my engine, supercharger and my B&B exhaust instead...
    Find myself doing the same a lot as well. Especially the pulley whine... I'll have to google the B&B. My Camaro is too loud for my neighborhood as is. The last thing my neighbors (and I) want is another roaring v8 coming and going. For now I dig the stock silent exhaust. I'm actually shocked they got it that quiet.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by dmax/04v View Post
    Besides who wants a radio without knobs.
    Valid point, its just shocking to me that they cannot add a software update via DVD or CD to add a Pandora tablet and Bluetooth A2DP support especially considering the NAV and software takes 30gb of a 40gb hard drive...

It could be done....

Quote Originally Posted by DCV View Post
    Get a new exhaust, did you not know that cue was NOT on the 14V? How could you buy one and not know that? Did you sit in or test drive one? Look on website? Ranting at GM will only make you look silly. And yes the V was designed circa 2006 or so, what do you expect?
    This is a daily driver for me, I enjoy the quiet roar of the v8 and grunt when I stomp on it. I was told by both my salesmen and during the test drive that the unit was a popup but had the same functions as the rest of the lineup which was CUE. I saw the AUX tab but was too busy driving the car and was not about to spend an hour learning the ins and outs of the system. Thanks for the WARM welcome pal! The LED DRLs sure as hell aren't from 2006 nor are the cold cathode/led interior accent lighting. The CTS-V has made much progress since 2006, I had expected the Nav/stereo to make the same progress.

Considering GM could release a simple software hack as long as A2DP is supported, ranting might be worth my time. Wouldn't it. Then again, you wouldn't apply the update right? right. Knowing a GM engineer helps a bit too.

----------

Turns out iOS will stream via the USB to this head unit but android will not. There are ways to trick the android into thinking its docked, therefor streaming digital streams via the USB, both charging your phone, allowing phone calls, GM Nav and streaming to all work together.

A short search on the net turns out this is a very common problem and complaint for new GM owners so I'm finding lots of interesting info.

----------

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/57-ho...streaming.html

The Chevrolet Cruze guys are hacking the BT protocol to allow A2DP (Pandora Streaming)...

Proving this can be done on the CTS-V

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

I was told by both my salesmen and during the test drive that the unit was a popup but had the same functions as the rest of the lineup which was CUE.
    Go rant at him and his boss, maybe they will give you some swag for somewhat lying to you. Plus, sales guys know the least about cars they actually sell from my past experiences. Still CUE has no knobs, and when you saw knobs in the V that should have tipped you off. The V system has Nav, satellite, HD drive, external input, and IPod capability....same as CUE...but does not have direct bluetooth streaming like CUE. So the sales guy was close about functionality, but not close enough. Car electronics advance at a very fast pace, I was involved with vehicular radar when that first came out and only on luxury cars....now its on almost all cars. So from 2006-2007 to 2014, that's many lifetimes of cycles for electronics. In 8 years, CUE will seem very old and featureless compared to new stuff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DCV View Post
    Go rant at him and his boss, maybe they will give you some swag for somewhat lying to you. Plus, sales guys know the least about cars they actually sell from my past experiences. Still CUE has no knobs, and when you saw knobs in the V that should have tipped you off. The V system has Nav, satellite, HD drive, external input, and IPod capability....same as CUE...but does not have direct bluetooth streaming like CUE. So the sales guy was close about functionality, but not close enough. Car electronics advance at a very fast pace, I was involved with vehicular radar when that first came out and only on luxury cars....now its on almost all cars. So from 2006-2007 to 2014, that's many lifetimes of cycles for electronics. In 8 years, CUE will seem very old and featureless compared to new stuff as well.
    Thanks, yeah I guess I just noticed the icons on the screen and figured it was the same across the lineup, after all why test drive a car you're NOT going to buy

I worked in IT for 15 years but deal with chronic pain so I had to sell my shares and contracts and get out. You're right its absolutely ridiculous the advancement that has happened since 2005+. My last 5 cars have all been 2005s for some stupid reason so that may explain my dealings with car technology.

After further reading last night I did find a workaround that keeps the Bluetooth A2DP protocol digital so you keep fantastic digital sound quality with zero wires. It plugs into the ipod port and uses its USB power and digital input to stream. The anolog device I listed earlier is going back the audio is such garbage the volume is about 75% of the systems capability.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0094G44PS/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item

I
    'm used to dealing with engine bays in these:

Rather than stuff like this:
    rather than this

V-Horse is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Beautiful Camaro but the V would destroy it... This is why you'll be driving the V 99.9% of the time!

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Welcome to the V club.

CUE sucks, you won't miss it at all. I promise. You'll be too busy enjoying the drivetrain.

The BT issue is solved with a dongle. There's a thread on it in this very forum somewhere. You don't have to use an ancient iPod like I do.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Ancient iPods work just fine. Especially with ye olde CTS's rotary knobs.

.Jinx
    No knobs, no sale.

warmwater is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by daign View Post
    Was just a bit shocked after seeing all the marketing about CUE everywhere. I had done a lot of research and GM sure does hide the fact that the CTS-V with the LSA only comes with the Nav non Cue setup.

I'm sure I'll get used to using my ipod again its just a step backwards for me thats all.

----------

Find myself doing the same a lot as well. Especially the pulley whine... I'll have to google the B&B. My Camaro is too loud for my neighborhood as is. The last thing my neighbors (and I) want is another roaring v8 coming and going. For now I dig the stock silent exhaust. I'm actually shocked they got it that quiet.

----------

Valid point, its just shocking to me that they cannot add a software update via DVD or CD to add a Pandora tablet and Bluetooth A2DP support especially considering the NAV and software takes 30gb of a 40gb hard drive...

It could be done....

This is a daily driver for me, I enjoy the quiet roar of the v8 and grunt when I stomp on it. I was told by both my salesmen and during the test drive that the unit was a popup but had the same functions as the rest of the lineup which was CUE. I saw the AUX tab but was too busy driving the car and was not about to spend an hour learning the ins and outs of the system. Thanks for the WARM welcome pal! The LED DRLs sure as hell aren't from 2006 nor are the cold cathode/led interior accent lighting. The CTS-V has made much progress since 2006, I had expected the Nav/stereo to make the same progress.

Considering GM could release a simple software hack as long as A2DP is supported, ranting might be worth my time. Wouldn't it. Then again, you wouldn't apply the update right? right. Knowing a GM engineer helps a bit too.

----------

Turns out iOS will stream via the USB to this head unit but android will not. There are ways to trick the android into thinking its docked, therefor streaming digital streams via the USB, both charging your phone, allowing phone calls, GM Nav and streaming to all work together.

A short search on the net turns out this is a very common problem and complaint for new GM owners so I'm finding lots of interesting info.

----------

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/57-ho...streaming.html

The Chevrolet Cruze guys are hacking the BT protocol to allow A2DP (Pandora Streaming)...

Proving this can be done on the CTS-V

Anyone try GM#22797218 in a CTS-V?

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Cue is the worst disaster for a stereo/nav interface I've seen in a long time. Only to be trumped by the 2009 Porsche Cayenne GTS that had a radio/nav interface that was the equivalent of using MSDOS.

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

You don't CUE. It sucks big time! I had an ATS with CUE and it was horrible! The system in the V is way better and has actual knobs for volume and tuning.

In the V, it's a driver's car. Its a car meant to be driven hard while listening to it's engine and exhaust soundtrack. Enjoy the sounds the car makes and forget the CUE.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.