Ultra View Roof
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Ultra View Roof in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I have had two other V's and both were without the ultraview roof. My New 2013 Black Diamond that comes ...
    2010 V-MAN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V

Lightbulb Ultra View Roof

I have had two other V's and both were without the ultraview roof. My New 2013 Black Diamond that comes in this week has the Ultraview roof, none left without roof package. QUESTION- has anyone wrapped the roof with a black wrapping or maybe replace the flimsy shade pull-cover that comes with the package??
    I heard tinting will make the roof explode which I dont believe but who wants to take the chance Right!!
    So any feedback or direction to a previous post concerning the lame pull-shade I would love it and so would the Wife

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

Re: Ultra View Roof

I don't see how tinting will make the glass explode. I suppose tinting would make it heat up in direct sun, make it expand a bit...but explode?

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    I've never had a moonroof explode due to tint (never even heard of someone claiming it happened either). The tint film actually might keep the glass mostly intact should it break.

I have tint on my STS roof and had it on my Deville DTS roof (it's likely still on it depending on who bought the car). My friend runs a tinting business and he's never mentioned it happening.

What you do have to be aware of is tint with double paned glass (think of windows in your house) if you want to tint those windows you need a different type of tinting film to prevent glass breakage.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Silverback is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

All 3 of my wife's Infiniti QX's had the sunroof tinted and never a problem with any of them.

I plan on having the Cadillac done next Monday, so I sure hope this is not something unique to the Cadillac.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Wear a swim suit, and don't leave it out in the rain

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    The sun roof is already heavily tinted. Why tint it more would be my question.

quikag is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 White Diamond CTS-V Sedan, '10 Cyber Gray ZR1

A buddy and I each took our '12 CTS-V's in for a tint job at the same time. He wanted the ultraview tinted and I didn't. Almost 2 years later, he's had zero issues with his tinted ultraview. It's a non-issue.

vfaninva is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52 View Post
    The sun roof is already heavily tinted. Why tint it more would be my question.
    Even with the factory tint and thin screen a pretty good amount of sun still gets through. I used to be able to feel it warming my follically challenged scalp on sunny days

Lancekl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V coupe

Tinted the one on my car with limo tint, no explosions, much cooler

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

I heard that it was an "implosion" vs. explosion...........Nah, nothing to worry about. Did you hear that on Street Outlaws?????????

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

Yes on Street Outlaws this week, they once again they escaped the cops............gee. Lucky guys huh? They were able to, with my great surprise, to get the car(s) on the trailer, pack up, and get gone right after they saw the blue lights approaching. Now that includes the three phase generators that powers the flood lights for the camera shots and the production crew. I hope the bring The Devils Ride back again as well.

2010 V-MAN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V

No, I live in Las Vegas and the wife is worried about it getting hot in the summer, I think she will be okay. Thanks for the replies and I will update with any changes. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    With the Florida summer heat, side windows would be shattering left and right if tint was a factor. I'm saying 'ain't happening.

CDW63 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan

It's a must have in Arizona.....
    cdog533 likes this.

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by vfaninva View Post

Even with the factory tint and thin screen a pretty good amount of sun still gets through. I used to be able to feel it warming my follically challenged scalp on sunny days
    I don't have much hair either but I've never noticed any light getting through. Is black any thicker of a screen?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.