Should I Buy?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Should I Buy? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I have been in the market for a V8 sedan for about a year. I have found a 2012 CTS-V ...
    gmfamily is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

Should I Buy?

I have been in the market for a V8 sedan for about a year. I have found a 2012 CTS-V sedan with 12k miles and every option (black diamond, recaro, yellow calibers, etc) at Carmax. I am in VA and the car is in AZ. Yesterday I paid 900 for them to bring it to VA. The Carmax version of carfax shows perfect. Carmax wants 51,800 for it. I pulled a CarFax on my own and it shows an accident. Should I ask them to lower price, or eat the 900 bucks and keep shopping?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

Re: Should I Buy?

well ir depends on what the accident was and how much damage. If the air bags deployed, thats major. Carmax usually does not budge, perhaps see if thy will give you more warranty with it. Thats what I would ask for.

Is there anyway to tell how severe the accident was? They keep it for another year after the accident, but who knows. For anyone looking for a new 2013 CTS-V sedan, there is one at Doug's Cadillac in Seattle.
    MSRP 73k on sale for 63,800 only 200 miles. They were going to take another thousand off too! I really
    Wanted this, but we have to replace my wife's car too, so it does not work in budget.

What does everyone else think, should I do it or no? Was thinking about leasing a ATS, but I was not
    Impressed with it after driving the V.

Espi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium

I would cancel the contract. "Sorry deal's off." They'll come down or they'll let you walk.

You'll have other choices.

V-Horse is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Carmax does not negotiate price. They will usually give you a little more for your trade in compared to a dealership but they also charge more when you buy from them because they don't haggle.

iVwishing is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by espi View Post
    i would cancel the contract. "sorry deal's off." they'll come down or they'll let you walk.

You'll have other choices.
    ^^^^^
    this!!!

There is no way to tell how bad the damage was. Could be as minor as a bumper damage and wheel repair to rear quarter panel replacement! I know if it were me I'd be leary of any car that had an accident without throughly inspecting it before dropping my hard earn cash on it.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

If the hid the accident damage then you shouldn't be liable for the $900.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by gmfamily
    I have been in the market for a V8 sedan for about a year. I have found a 2012 CTS-V sedan with 12k miles and every option (black diamond, recaro, yellow calibers, etc) at Carmax. I am in VA and the car is in AZ. Yesterday I paid 900 for them to bring it to VA. The Carmax version of carfax shows perfect. Carmax wants 51,800 for it. I pulled a CarFax on my own and it shows an accident. Should I ask them to lower price, or eat the 900 bucks and keep shopping? Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App I
    Are discrepancies in Carfax reports usually that wide? I'm not widely familiar with Carfax but how does one show clean and one not?

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

To be blunt, Carfax can be a joke. I had cars that I traded that had been in accidents which did not show on it. There is nothing that makes them be reported. So it's hit or miss

texasnoiz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): M3M5EVO9-sold; next up TESLA, Vwagon

agreed. carfax deceptive. if in accident you can go get it fixed yourself if no police report. it is a safety net if you find it was wrecked and dealer gives you a clean report then you have something to go back with. you had carmax give you car fax prior to $900 - now your own car fax shows a different report so it is on them - get your $900 back. there are plenty of nice sedans out there - $50K car is no joke and you do not want an unknown problem. move on.
    @gmfamily - 2013 with that big discount is a deal - but then you say it is out of budget. sounds like a domestic(spousal) issue.
    i just got 2013 wagon with some miles for $54K full options - i saved $17K compared to buying new if factoring in guzzler tax - and it is a 2013.

iVwishing is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just last month I saw more than 4 brand new untitled 2012 CTS-V''s at the dealership I bought my car from. I'm certain they're discounting them!
    CVP33 likes this.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Accidents reduce book value 10-20% easily depending on the severity. The price isn't that great to begin with. They need to come down.

dl72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by DCV
    To be blunt, Carfax can be a joke. I had cars that I traded that had been in accidents which did not show on it. There is nothing that makes them be reported. So it's hit or miss
    I agree. I got rear ended on the freeway with my GTO. $3,600 damage. Never showed up on a carfax report.

----------

I looked at a 2012 V coupe at carmax. I am temporarily disabled, had surgery one a broken bone in my foot, so I couldn't inspect the car like I normally do. I bought it and took it home. Later while in my garage I looked at the car and noticed the hood was repainted. That was a huge red flag for me. I then looked under the hood and took off the plastic panels and discovered the bumper was replaced. Needless to say, I took the car back. When I told them it was in an accident, they said that they couldn't find and damaged. I told them too look again and to keep the car. I am not paying $45,000+ for a car that was in an accident. I don't care what they said. I got a different one that didn't have any damage.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

I posted in a different thread that I saw three brand new untitled Vs at a Detroit Metro dealership yesterday. Unfortunately none were sedans. Two coupes (Black Raven & Black Diamond) and a Black Raven Vagon.

Thanks for all the input guys! CarMax uses AutoCheck,and that's what they fave me a copy of. AuyoCheck showed no accidents. When I looked up the carfax myself it showed the accident. I don't know what to do. Like some say carfax can be a joke. However, like some have mentioned, who wants a 50k car with unknown prior damage. Man I am so torn on this one.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.