How much gas do you use? - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree15Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, How much gas do you use? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by bald2718281828 Just for reference purposes, what does a V series get for mpg if hypermiled at optimal ...
    THMorrill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 Black Diamond CTS-V Wagon. '08 Silver CTS w/ DI & FE2
    Quote Originally Posted by bald2718281828
    Just for reference purposes, what does a V series get for mpg if hypermiled at optimal speeds on suburban roads, state highways, highways? A whole tank of hypermiling, without needing a tip of the throttle to get out of the way of a rampaging SUV driver. Maybe nobody ever had the fortitude to hypermile a V series, sort of like 'how many licks does it take to get to the middle of a tootsie pop' ?
    I got 14.3 on my last tank and so far I have14.9 on this first half tank...I throw my A6 into N when I coast to stop lights and feeders to the frontage roads...most of my commute is 35-45 mph...I take it to at least 41 to get to sixth gear and I still get on it for passing and such on the rest of my trip which is about 4 miles of highway.

CTS4 V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Audi S4

Re: How much gas do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    Right there with you!

Although I have been able to carry my teenage son's hockey gear in my coupe, and he's a goalie.
    Does he skate at arctic ice arena in orland park? I see your name is gohawks so I have to assume your from illinois. I often see a black coupe with black wheels parked there.

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

Re: How much gas do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by THMorrill View Post
    I got 14.3 on my last tank and so far I have14.9 on this first half tank...I throw my A6 into N when I coast to stop lights and feeders to the frontage roads...most of my commute is 35-45 mph...I take it to at least 41 to get to sixth gear and I still get on it for passing and such on the rest of my trip which is about 4 miles of highway.
    I believe you will use more gas in neutral than you would if you just left it in drive on the coastdown.....the car has deceleration fuel cutoff when in gear I believe. Plus, you are subjecting your auto to probably more wear than normal from going auto to neutral to auto all the time unnecessarily .....gas is cheaper than a trans rebuild. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about the decel fuel cutoff...
    bald2718281828 likes this.

THMorrill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 Black Diamond CTS-V Wagon. '08 Silver CTS w/ DI & FE2
    Quote Originally Posted by stl_ls1gto
    I believe you will use more gas in neutral than you would if you just left it in drive on the coastdown.....the car has deceleration fuel cutoff when in gear I believe. Plus, you are subjecting your auto to probably more wear than normal from going auto to neutral to auto all the time unnecessarily .....gas is cheaper than a trans rebuild. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about the decel fuel cutoff...
    Hmmm...food for thought...although I know the tranny in gear steps down through all the gear changes when decelerating and when in neutral it drops to perhaps 700 rpm and stays there...my logic was lower rpm = less fuel. As for wear and tear I honestly didn't give it much thought and do know I have a comprehensive warranty to go with my used purchase. I'm going to have to try to nail that down.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by CTS4 V
    Does he skate at arctic ice arena in orland park? I see your name is gohawks so I have to assume your from illinois. I often see a black coupe with black wheels parked there.
    Correct, I used to live in Illinois before moving to Michigan (Detroit metro area) 6.5 years ago. We lived in the Northern suburbs though. My boys played for the Glenview Stars when we lived there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.