How much gas do you use? - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, How much gas do you use? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by 1stCadillac@72 I split the DD duties between the V (coupe, MN6) and a 328 GTB Ferrari ('88)..... ...
    ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Re: How much gas do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by 1stCadillac@72 View Post
    I split the DD duties between the V (coupe, MN6) and a 328 GTB Ferrari ('88)..... they get about the same gas mileage 19 on the road, 12-16 in town. They have the same size gas tanks. I spend around $500 per month on gas - I'm retired, drive a lot. When I back out in the morning - either car - I have a grin on my face that I wear all day.
    Sorry for this off-topic comment, but can you post pictures of your Ferrari? And please tell me it is rosso rorsa red! I loved those red Ferraris of '80s!

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Envy
    My coupe barely carries my gym bag back there. And I'm ok with that. :-)
    Right there with you!

Although I have been able to carry my teenage son's hockey gear in my coupe, and he's a goalie.

THMorrill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 Black Diamond CTS-V Wagon. '08 Silver CTS w/ DI & FE2
    Well I usually get around 13.4 to 14.1 and fill up once a week unless I find lots of excuses to go out...but I've come to realize I get the same as my F150 Super Crew w/ EcoBoost V6 that is 4x4 and I have an extra 275lbs of cap over the bed. What I don't get is the 36 gallon tank! *sigh* Mind you, my truck will never be as fun to drive as my Vagon!

brent38 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe
    My Voupe gets better mileage than my daily driver Avalanche, city and highway.

XFactor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by THMorrill View Post
    Well I usually get around 13.4 to 14.1 and fill up once a week unless I find lots of excuses to go out...but I've come to realize I get the same as my F150 Super Crew w/ EcoBoost V6 that is 4x4 and I have an extra 275lbs of cap over the bed. What I don't get is the 36 gallon tank! *sigh* Mind you, my truck will never be as fun to drive as my Vagon!
    I just bought a 2014 Raptor with a Roush Supercharger. I thought the V was bad on gas. The truck is way worse. I'm lucky to get 10mpg if i drive conservative. The V gets approx 14 between city and hwy. It is a kick to drive. I'm far left of the tree hugers here in California driving their Prius down the carpool lanes.

THMorrill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 Black Diamond CTS-V Wagon. '08 Silver CTS w/ DI & FE2
    Quote Originally Posted by XFactor
    I just bought a 2014 Raptor with a Roush Supercharger. I thought the V was bad on gas. The truck is way worse. I'm lucky to get 10mpg if i drive conservative. The V gets approx 14 between city and hwy. It is a kick to drive. I'm far left of the tree hugers here in California driving their Prius down the carpool lanes.
    I've come to think of my Vagon as the anti-Prius and really can't wait to fire it up every morning!

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    I go 60 miles a day and average 13-15 mpg. Everyday I figure $17 for gas. I've been sick working from home for a week so it's like a bonus.

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

Quote Originally Posted by THMorrill View Post
    I've come to think of my Vagon as the anti-Prius and really can't wait to fire it up every morning!
    +1 Even though it gets the same mileage as my dually diesel, it is much smaller and offers less utility for what it burns.

bald2718281828 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): no caddy yet. (is it still cool to call them Caddys btw?)

Just for reference purposes, what does a V series get for mpg if hypermiled at optimal speeds on suburban roads, state highways, highways? A whole tank of hypermiling, without needing a tip of the throttle to get out of the way of a rampaging SUV driver.
    Maybe nobody ever had the fortitude to hypermile a V series, sort of like 'how many licks does it take to get to the middle of a tootsie pop' ?

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by bald2718281828 View Post
    Maybe nobody ever had the fortitude to hypermile a V series, sort of like 'how many licks does it take to get to the middle of a tootsie pop' ?
    ^^^ This. Speaking strictly for myself, no way!
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

captain slow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by bald2718281828 View Post
    Just for reference purposes, what does a V series get for mpg if hypermiled at optimal speeds on suburban roads, state highways, highways? A whole tank of hypermiling, without needing a tip of the throttle to get out of the way of a rampaging SUV driver.
    I have gotten 22-23 mpg on the highway going 50-55 mph over 20 miles.

dmax/04v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): A VEEE

Quote Originally Posted by captain slow View Post
    I have gotten 22-23 mpg on the highway going 50-55 mph over 20 miles.
    What are you some sort of saint?

Trevorlj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS-V Coupe

I wouldn't call it Hypermiling but my best with my Auto Coupe is 19.7 mpg over 281 miles. Had a significant tail wind pretty much the whole time & zero traffic. Average speed was like 76-77 mph for the trip.

Real gas mileage is like 12.7 around town, 15.4 mixed/average, and 18-19 highway at 9 mph over the speed limit.

anxiouz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V sedan A6, Airaid, Borla

I started tracking mine about a month ago. 13.9 mpg is my average with mixed driving. Hwy speeds between 75-80mph.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/anxiouz/cts

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

^^^^
    Glad to see I'm not the only one using Fuelly. Your driving situation seems a lot like mine, only less icy. I think up up to 89 fillups since purchase now.

I track mileage on Fuelly to keep track of costs, and the other interesting statistics are an interesting byproduct.

BTW, who would hypermile a V? I shudder at the thought.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.