How much gas do you use? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, How much gas do you use? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I had a 1979 Chevrolet Caprice Landau new that got 14 mpg on a good day with all 157hp and ...
    CTSV UT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V sedan, 2000 Eldorado ETC

Re: How much gas do you use?

I had a 1979 Chevrolet Caprice Landau new that got 14 mpg on a good day with all 157hp and 2.43 rear end at 55 it was about 1400rpm. I could draft a semi at 55 and maybe get 25mpg but it was boring.

I drove my 2012 V sedan for 120 miles at 60mph to drop my mom off and got over 30mpg. Drove back home at 120mph and went through about a quarter of a tank (it was well worth it)

My first car was a 64 Coupe de Ville, it got 4mpg in town and 9 on the highway on it's best day. Found a receipt in the glove box for premium gas for $.15 per gallon from the 60's.

Can't really complain about the mileage of the V. Just love the car.

drewcorvette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V (manual)

Every 2-3 days at the gas station, DD for me, 25 miles each way to work. I thought my c63 mercedes coupe was a pig on gas, the cts-v puts it to shame

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by drewcorvette View Post
    Every 2-3 days at the gas station, DD for me, 25 miles each way to work. I thought my c63 mercedes coupe was a pig on gas, the cts-v puts it to shame
    why would you type the same comment twice in the same post? you just wrote this comment in page one.

1stCadillac@72 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I split the DD duties between the V (coupe, MN6) and a 328 GTB Ferrari ('88)..... they get about the same gas mileage 19 on the road, 12-16 in town. They have the same size gas tanks. I spend around $500 per month on gas - I'm retired, drive a lot. When I back out in the morning - either car - I have a grin on my face that I wear all day.
    kdbolt70 likes this.

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I haven't pumped gas into my V since mid November and probably won't until early April.

Sadly - it has been in winter storage since mid November...... and I've almost forgot what it looks like.

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stCadillac@72 View Post
    I split the DD duties between the V (coupe, MN6) and a 328 GTB Ferrari ('88)..... they get about the same gas mileage 19 on the road, 12-16 in town. They have the same size gas tanks. I spend around $500 per month on gas - I'm retired, drive a lot. When I back out in the morning - either car - I have a grin on my face that I wear all day.
    Happy man

----------

Quote Originally Posted by OldRoadDawg View Post
    I haven't pumped gas into my V since mid November and probably won't until early April.

Sadly - it has been in winter storage since mid November...... and I've almost forgot what it looks like.
    Sad man

RVC
    RVC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I have a 1990 Toyota Celica I drive back and forth to work, it gets 30 mpg. But there are weeks that I just want to drive my V and gas does not bother me. I had to save my pennies just to buy a used '09 and I budgeted fuel costs when I bought the car.....I read every thread I could find on V2 fuel consumption and I still bought the car and I love the hell out of it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by vfaninva View Post
    Sad man
    This time of year - yes, sad indeed.

But... when I roll out the V at the beginning of spring, it's like the first day of ownership all over again.
    And my trusty 4x4 winter truck knows it is time to go get a load of mulch.
    And the wife's Toyota... meh, wash the salt off of it and keep driving it. It gets 28mpg no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by RVC View Post
    I have a 1990 Toyota Celica I drive back and forth to work, it gets 30 mpg. But there are weeks that I just want to drive my V and gas does not bother me. I had to save my pennies just to buy a used '09 and I budgeted fuel costs when I bought the car.....I read every thread I could find on V2 fuel consumption and I still bought the car and I love the hell out of it!

I'm with you man. My pockets aren't too deep either but I enjoy my V so much I would probably eat less to have more gas $!

A beater to keep the miles down on the V is starting look like a good idea though.

Envy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V COUPE BLACK DIAMOND EDITION
    If I ever bought a beater because I needed a DD due to gas costs. And I walked outside and had to choose between the beater and the V, not sure I would enjoy my life. Yup, my whole life.

RobertR69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm with you man. My pockets aren't too deep either but I enjoy my V so much I would probably eat less to have more gas $!

A beater to keep the miles down on the V is starting look like a good idea though.
    I *do* eat less to feed my V. I cut $30/week off my lunch budget. I get skinnier, and drive happier.

pillaplease is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by RVC
    I have a 1990 Toyota Celica I drive back and forth to work, it gets 30 mpg. But there are weeks that I just want to drive my V and gas does not bother me. I had to save my pennies just to buy a used '09 and I budgeted fuel costs when I bought the car.....I read every thread I could find on V2 fuel consumption and I still bought the car and I love the hell out of it! Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    +1 Amen! In the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    If I ever bought a beater because I needed a DD due to gas costs. And I walked outside and had to choose between the beater and the V, not sure I would enjoy my life. Yup, my whole life.
    I want the beater to help keep some miles off my V and to do stuff I don't want the V doing. Like home depot runs, etc.....

BigTymer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V

half a tank a day....

RVC
    RVC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I see you have a 2013 V Coupe! I was at Hendrick looking at the 2013 OBM Coupe they have there and the salesperson told me they wanted around 71k for it!! Where did you get your V coupe? You're in Va Beach too, correct? Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.