How much gas do you use? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, How much gas do you use? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I dont measure mpg. I measure spg (smiles per gallon)...
    RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    I dont measure mpg. I measure spg (smiles per gallon)
    Zhariak likes this.

1800bigk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Re: How much gas do you use?

Yep terrible mpg but I love it. I get 15 MPG avg and no complaints. I drove AWD turbo cars before this one (evo's sti's) and they got 18 mpg avg with my driving habits and not nearly as much fun as the V so 15mpg does not bother me. I can go through a tank in two days driving the back roads to work (30 mi one way.) What I have found is cars can do one of two things. They can be fun to drive OR they can get good mpg but never can they do both really well at the same time. I have my civic dx that gets 40 mpg for when I care about mpg then I have the V for when I want to have fun.

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

The Sunoco dudes gave me their ID number and password to punch it in and the path of codes to pump my own gas here in NJ.

I pull up last with 5 cars there already and I'm the first to leave.

Love it.

dl72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I filled up on Sunday and I still have a quarter of a tank left. About 25 mikes to and from work each day. About 14 mpg. My STS-V was about the same, so no big deal. I enjoy driving it, so I am fine with it.

1Sensei is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTSV COUPE

22.44 mpg here. I drive the speed limit and have not engaged the S/C that much. I will this next tank of gas.

iVwishing is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Having a 18 gallon fuel tank that gets 13 mpg average truly doesn't help extend your visits at the pump. I drive approx 25 miles every other day so driving it daily is livable for me. But I can't imagine using the V on commute in day to day city traffic, kinda defeats it's purpose of having all the power and no place to use it effectively. Heck my slightly modded Tahoe gets better gas mileage but doesn't give nearly enough thrills as the V does.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

I keep going back and forth about buying a cheap, fuel efficient beater for my commute and to use on snowy days.

However, every single time I run the numbers, I come up with the same result.

1. I enjoy driving this car and it's often the best part of my workday given the rigors of my work.
    2. I just finished paying off the car (in less than a year, yay good deal and V sedan that kept value!) so now my only monthly costs are gas and insurance.
    3. The cost of a cheap new beater (assuming lease/finance), its gas, and its insurance are more than I pay for fuel in the V monthly. Therefore I'm paying money to save money on gas. The numbers only work for me if I pay for a really cheap (less than $5k), used beater with cash so my only monthly costs are gas and insurance. In that case, the monthly cost of gas and insurance would be less than fuel for my V. I suspect the cheap, less than $5k beater is the route I'm going to go ultimately, but I am in no hurry to do this.

So I daily drive my V despite the fuel cost, and I am a happier person for it.

hooey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Screen Shot 2013-12-07 at 9.06.15 AM.png

Let's just say I use enough to justify driving around with one of these

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob
    I keep going back and forth about buying a cheap, fuel efficient beater for my commute and to use on snowy days. However, every single time I run the numbers, I come up with the same result. 1. I enjoy driving this car and it's often the best part of my workday given the rigors of my work. 2. I just finished paying off the car (in less than a year, yay good deal and V sedan that kept value!) so now my only monthly costs are gas and insurance. 3. The cost of a cheap new beater (assuming lease/finance), its gas, and its insurance are more than I pay for fuel in the V monthly. Therefore I'm paying money to save money on gas. The numbers only work for me if I pay for a really cheap (less than $5k), used beater with cash so my only monthly costs are gas and insurance. In that case, the monthly cost of gas and insurance would be less than fuel for my V. I suspect the cheap, less than $5k beater is the route I'm going to go ultimately, but I am in no hurry to do this. So I daily drive my V despite the fuel cost, and I am a happier person for it.
    You are now officially not an impartial contributor to this discussion.
    neuronbob likes this.

stogieman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS

My onboard computer says I ave 17.8 mpg.. I drive on the highway 99% of the time..... The small gas tank doesn't help either..

Jerry in Minnesota.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    I keep going back and forth about buying a cheap, fuel efficient beater for my commute and to use on snowy days.

However, every single time I run the numbers, I come up with the same result.

1. I enjoy driving this car and it's often the best part of my workday given the rigors of my work.
    2. I just finished paying off the car (in less than a year, yay good deal and V sedan that kept value!) so now my only monthly costs are gas and insurance.
    3. The cost of a cheap new beater (assuming lease/finance), its gas, and its insurance are more than I pay for fuel in the V monthly. Therefore I'm paying money to save money on gas. The numbers only work for me if I pay for a really cheap (less than $5k), used beater with cash so my only monthly costs are gas and insurance. In that case, the monthly cost of gas and insurance would be less than fuel for my V. I suspect the cheap, less than $5k beater is the route I'm going to go ultimately, but I am in no hurry to do this.

So I daily drive my V despite the fuel cost, and I am a happier person for it.
    This is currently my dilemma. Not so much for the fuel, but the winter driving. Another option for me is that due to connections through my work, I can probably get a short term rental for around $500/month on a car like the Focus. Three months of rental comes out at a little more than what a brand new set of wheels and snows might cost me and I get to keep the V off the roads when things get messy, especially the salt on the roads. The problem with this is that unless it snows (which it really hasn't yet in SE Michigan), I'm paying for a rental that I really don't need. Each week that goes by without snow reduces the window where I might need the car, but you know it's gonna hit sooner or later.

Next year is less of an issue because my son is off to college and he'll probably leave his car at home and that would be available to me.

09SRT8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

My V never met a gas station it didn't like !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Corrected for accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by 09SRT8
    My V never met a gas station it didn't sleep with and father illegitimate children by!

Zhariak is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by hooey View Post
    Attachment 166666

Let's just say I use enough to justify driving around with one of these

Bwahaha, that's effin awesome :P

beccam23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    My cts gets about 250 miles each tank. Daily driver. Costs 60 for a full tank. When I first got the car I used to get a shitload more to a tank tho. Idk why. I think cause now I have more of a heavier foot & drive a little faster. I love the power. 😎

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.