2015 cts-v???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2015 cts-v??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I have been shaking the bushes up north at GM trying to find out if they are going to produce ...
    RWFJR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 V Sedan, 2012 V sedan

2015 cts-v???

I have been shaking the bushes up north at GM trying to find out if they are going to produce a 2015 CTS-V. Everyone is keeping mum so far. I have had a 2009 and a 2012 V. Like to get a 15. Anyone out there heard anything?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Life@60 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Opulent Blue Metallic Coupe

Re: 2015 cts-v???

There will be a CTS-V sedan only with the LSA. ATS will be a coupe with the 3.6 Turbo. XTS will be V sport with the twin Turbo in it. ELR will be the full size coupe which is electric.
    This is just rumor has of now but sounds pretty much intact.
    RWFJR and DrMongo like this.

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Since nothing has been officially announced by GM and everything at this stage is speculation, I would be very, very surprised to see the Gen IV small block LSA continuing on in the V3, when the new Gen V small block (LT1) has made its first appearance in the C7. We already know there will be a more powerful version of the Gen V small block which is set to be unveiled in the new Z06 Corvette next month in Detroit. No details yet on the Z06 motor, but it's fun to speculate about turbos, twin turbos or superchargers until details are made public.
    I don't think it's too far of a stretch to think that a version of that Z06 Gen V small block will find its way into the V3...

Best regards,

Elie
    JFJr and RWFJR like this.

Life@60 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Opulent Blue Metallic Coupe

The Chevy ss that just came out has the ls3 in it. I think that is where the next big V8 will go then it might go into the V.

----------

They already have the ZL1 in it over in Australia.
    RWFJR likes this.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

Quote Originally Posted by garfin View Post
    I don't think it's too far of a stretch to think that a version of that Z06 Gen V small block will find its way into the V3..
    I also hope that a tweaked (but not blown) version of the n/a LT1 makes its way into the ATS-V. That would impart a certain symmetry to the V lineup.

Jud
    RWFJR and Guy.Seminerio like this.
    Jud

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

I would be shocked if the CTS-V appears before the ATS-V has had its day in the sun. Also, if the Chevy boys are going to share their engine (and not just a junior version) with the V, they're at least going to want an exclusive debut.

If the CTS-V is a MY2015, it'll be a late introduction.
    RWFJR likes this.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

I got off of work early yesterday and there are a couple of Cadillac dealers on the way home so I just stopped in to browse (also a Chevy dealer to look at the C7, ZL1 and SS).

I know I'm weird, spending free time browsing cars when I'm not in the market.

Anyway, one dealer told me that the new V will come in a coupe. I pressed him on it and asked him if he was sure he wasn't mistaking it with the ATS-V, but he insisted.

Other tidbits....

At one dealer a saleswoman came out and asked if she could help, I told her I just wanted to look at a new CTS. We were chit chatting and I mentioned that I was considering either a V-Sport or a V coupe, but in the end I bought a V coupe. She said to me, "I think you made the right choice.... I love that car".

The new C7 is gorgeous and I like the updates to the new Camaros. The ZL1 is also impressive. The SS has a nice interior, but I think it looks bland from the outside. I guess it's the ultimate sleeper car.

One dealer had three V's on their lot, two coupes (Black Diamond & Black Raven) and a Black Raven Vagon for those still looking for one. Dealer is Les Stanford Cadillac in Dearborn, MI.
    RWFJR likes this.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Dealers don't necessarily know anything. I wouldn't trust a dealer who's insistent about future product when his information is different from what all Internet sources have said. If a coupe is back on the menu, we'll hear about it from multiple sources that aren't dealers shooting the shit on the showroom floor. Not that shooting the shit isn't a fine way to pass the time.

Also, I'm sorry, but no car that is sold in only one trim with a Chevy smallblock and named SS is a sleeper. Every car guy and every cop will know from a thousand yards away that an enthusiast (or an enthusiast's indulgent spouse) is behind the wheel. The styling might put you to sleep but that's not the same thing

The C7 is a gorgeous woman with a few polarizing fashion choices that I firmly believe will quickly look dated. I'm talking about the metallic-black painted vents and butt and the weird masking choices on the roof. Of course such choices are a Corvette tradition -- 1958's slathered chrome, 1963's chrome fake hood vents -- and I hope the tradition continues with some alternate looks in a year or three. I expect the new CTS-V won't turn anyone off that isn't already turned off by the basic styling of the CTS.

BTW, posting about cars available without indicating transmission is probably this forum's version of "this thread is worthless without pics."
    RWFJR likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Dealers don't necessarily know anything. I wouldn't trust a dealer who's insistent about future product when his information is different from what all Internet sources have said. If a coupe is back on the menu, we'll hear about it from multiple sources that aren't dealers shooting the shit on the showroom floor. Not that shooting the shit isn't a fine way to pass the time.

Also, I'm sorry, but no car that is sold in only one trim with a Chevy smallblock and named SS is a sleeper. Every car guy and every cop will know from a thousand yards away that an enthusiast (or an enthusiast's indulgent spouse) is behind the wheel. The styling might put you to sleep but that's not the same thing

The C7 is a gorgeous woman with a few polarizing fashion choices that I firmly believe will quickly look dated. I'm talking about the metallic-black painted vents and butt and the weird masking choices on the roof. Of course such choices are a Corvette tradition -- 1958's slathered chrome, 1963's chrome fake hood vents -- and I hope the tradition continues with some alternate looks in a year or three. I expect the new CTS-V won't turn anyone off that isn't already turned off by the basic styling of the CTS.

BTW, posting about cars available without indicating transmission is probably this forum's version of "this thread is worthless without pics."
    Agree that the salesman's claim is worth about as much as the dump I just took, I was just sharing and wasn't implying that there was any credence in it.

As for the SS, you're right that any enthusiast will know, but it's not as in your face as other muscle cars out there.

As for the C7, yes it has polarizing looks, but the same has been said about the CTS coupe. Now while that may have been said in reviews, I have never met anyone who has indicated it with either my prior 3.6 Premium AWD coupe or with my V Coupe. I have never driven a car that has elicited so many admiring stares and thumbs-up.

As for the available cars.... they were all autos.
    RWFJR likes this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

There is no way a dealership knows anything more than an enthusiast forum when it comes to groundbreaking details. Little updates and knick knacks, sure. But in the information age, those going to their dealer for info is in for disappointment. And, unfortunately at times, misinformation...
    RWFJR likes this.

RocketSled666 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V

If you want to keep something secret, you don't tell anyone you don't need to tell. GM letting their dealer network in on their plans would be paramount to simply announcing their plans outright. Dealers only know what everyone else knows. If they got privileged information it'd leak in a heartbeat.

Look at the C7 for an example of how well GM keeps secrets when they want... Even after Jalopnik released pretty accurate renderings a year ahead of the actual release, GM still managed highly-plausible deniability. The dealers didn't have a clue
    RWFJR likes this.

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Quote Originally Posted by RocketSled666 View Post
    If you want to keep something secret, you don't tell anyone you don't need to tell. GM letting their dealer network in on their plans would be paramount to simply announcing their plans outright. Dealers only know what everyone else knows. If they got privileged information it'd leak in a heartbeat.

Look at the C7 for an example of how well GM keeps secrets when they want... Even after Jalopnik released pretty accurate renderings a year ahead of the actual release, GM still managed highly-plausible deniability. The dealers didn't have a clue
    GM has, in the past, held highly confidential web-based meetings with their dealer networks, where certain advance product information would have been released to dealer representatives attending. The dealer reps participating in these meetings would be clearly instructed as to the confidential nature of the material discussed.
    As you suggest, leaks can, and have happened.
    In one particular instance, not only were some of the details presented in a meeting posted to an enthusiast board but the information posted was in fact, wrong, because this over-zealous dealer rep misinterpreted some of the information. The end result was that false information (which was presented as the gospel) about a future model was spread through this enthusiast community.
    After that debacle, I have no way of knowing whether GM continues to have these meetings with their dealers, but given the successful "keeping their cards close to the vest" with both the C7 and especially with the Z/28 announcement, it would not surprise me at all if these meetings no longer took place.

Best regards,

Elie
    RWFJR likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by garfin
    GM has, in the past, held highly confidential web-based meetings with their dealer networks, where certain advance product information would have been released to dealer representatives attending. The dealer reps participating in these meetings would be clearly instructed as to the confidential nature of the material discussed. As you suggest, leaks can, and have happened. In one particular instance, not only were some of the details presented in a meeting posted to an enthusiast board but the information that was posted was in fact, wrong, because this over-zealous dealer rep misinterpreted some of the information. The end result was that false information (which was presented as the gospel) about a future model was spread through this enthusiast community. After that debacle, I have no way of knowing whether GM continues to have these meetings with their dealers, but given the successful "keeping their cards close to the vest" with both the C7 and especially with the Z/28 announcement, it would not surprise me at all if these meetings no longer took place. Best regards, Elie
    This particular salesman said that he, along with others were participating in a product training event at the proving grounds and that's where he was told about the CTS getting a coupe. Again, this lends no more credence to his claims, it's just what he said.

Like I said, I challenged him asking him if he wasn't getting confused with the ATS coupe. Especially since I have a friend who ranks very high at Cadillac and when I reached out to him about getting a discount on a V, he mentioned the V-Sport. I told him that while I'm sure the V-Sport is a great car, I wanted a coupe. His response was, "No coupe for now".

Now, maybe the "for now" part was cryptic, but we have no way of knowing.
    RWFJR likes this.

Skullbussa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

The LSA is being shown the door. It is absolutely 100% positively going away for the next gen CTS-V.

The next Z06 is going to be powered by a 600+hp supercharged version of the LT1 called the LT4.

My bet is that the next CTS-V will use a "dumbed down" version of the LT4 just in the same way the LSA was a weaksauce version of the engine in the ZR1.

In any case, this is a win/win for us because the next engine is going to be a beast and MUCH more fuel efficient.
    GMX322V S/C likes this.

elphil is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon

vincemcoupe likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.