2015 cts-v??? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree17Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2015 cts-v??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hopefully they don't use that god awful cue system, I want knobs on my radio. Had the opportunity to mess ...
    dmax/04v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): A VEEE

Re: 2015 cts-v???

Hopefully they don't use that god awful cue system, I want knobs on my radio. Had the opportunity to mess with one in an XTS and it was a nightmare, overcomplicating something doesn't mean its better.

musclecar6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 V sedan crystal red/ light titanium A6, 2010 GS LPE 650

To paraphrase Allen Iverson " You talkin' about dealers ". When it comes to anything except trying to sell you a vehicle, most don't know up from down. We as enthusiasts know more about performance cars in our little finger than many of these clowns know in their whole body.

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Quote Originally Posted by dmax/04v View Post
    Hopefully they don't use that god awful cue system, I want knobs on my radio. Had the opportunity to mess with one in an XTS and it was a nightmare, overcomplicating something doesn't mean its better.
    You're not the only one! Ford now has redundant radio/tuning/volume knobs added to their MyFord Touch & Synch infotainment systems as a result of customer complaints that "the system is bulky, distracting and overly complicated to use."
    http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...-myford-touch#
    ...another vote for the KISS approach to technology!

Best regards,

Elie

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

I agree about the cue capacitive touch sensors, they're kind of hit and miss, but I found that the steering wheel buttons work fine for volume and changing radio stations or tracks. And they're not capacitive, they're actual buttons. I still agree that certain controls need physical controls like knobs and buttons. That really is a basic human interface rule they should not be breaking, especially in a car where you have to take your eyes off the road to see where you're putting your finger.

That said, I did find the steering wheel buttons to be acceptable in the XTS and ATS loaners I've had.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

For selecting content and controlling volume, buttons are not enough. The best control for these functions is a knob. Both small and large adjustments can be made quickly. There is no acceptable substitute, period.

Knobs or GTFO.

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    For selecting content and controlling volume, buttons are not enough. The best control for these functions is a knob. Both small and large adjustments can be made quickly. There is no acceptable substitute, period.

Knobs or GTFO.
    +1.

Kinda funny.....my 2010 CTSV has big round knobs (1-1/4 inch diameter? more?) and nice, easy to hit buttons. My 2009 Suburban Z71, with it's cavernous interior and manly truck-ness, has teeny tiny radio knobs (1/2 inch?) and teeny tiny buttons that are hard to use with bare hands when parked, let alone when driving or when wearing gloves. the buttons on the touch screen are even harder to hit. Even my kids commented on how silly the relative knob/button sizes are between the two vehicles.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.