Window for ordering V wagon
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Window for ordering V wagon in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Does anyone know for sure when the window closes for ordering a CTS-V wagon? I am aware that no more ...
    hoontang is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V Wagon OBM 6MT

Window for ordering V wagon

Does anyone know for sure when the window closes for ordering a CTS-V wagon? I am aware that no more wagons will be made after this model year.

I was planning on ordering one in January, but is that too late?

I know a lot of people have speculated on here, but does anyone know for sure, or have inside info from GM?

Thanks!

P.S. I called Cadillac directly and the lady there said CTS-V sedan ended Aug 30th, but she had no information on a hard stop for the V wagon or coupe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

austincts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None..yet

Re: Window for ordering V wagon

If I were you I would do what I did and call Swell. Ask for their internet guy Britton Barbee and do a deal. He is insanely easy to deal with and went way out of his way to work with us. Exceptional experience.

I believe they have the most V Wagons on the ground and are the largest V Dealer in the US...

That_One_Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS-V

I too am afraid of this. I am buying my cts-v wagon in February (late) for my birthday. My wife gave me the go ahead. She didn't like the sedan though I could get the sedan for thousands cheaper (used)... no one has used v wagons for sell... especially in stick shift.. just goes to show how awesome the v wagon is.. especially with 3 pedals.

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

What is the deadline for ordering a V2 sedan?

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by the blur
    What is the deadline for ordering a V2 sedan?
    There was a post here recently that said production on the Sedan ended August 31st so it may be too late.

Edit... That post was at the beginning of this thread. Like I said, if production ended I would assume you can no longer order.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

A salesman in the know on that "other forum" indicates that only 750 sedans were to be made for 2014, and that production was July-September. Indeed it is true one can't order a V2 sedan anymore.

This same source indicated a full model year run for the V wagon and coupe, and given reports of folks taking delivery in early next year, I don't doubt it. So far, he's been on the mark. I'd link you to the pertinent post if this forum allowed links to competing forums, which it doesn't.

So wait if you like if you plan on ordering a wagon.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Only trust half of what you read online - but never, ever trust anything you hear from a salesman.

IMHO, I wouldn't risk waiting to order, if you know the M6 Wagon is the car for you. There's a lot of rumor on the Internet, and very little fact.

It's also a gripe against Cadillac: let's make it a total @$#&ing mystery on when a product is available or can be ordered! Lol. It's almost like they don't really want people to place an order...

StoneCrab is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    Only trust half of what you read online - but never, ever trust anything you hear from a salesman.

IMHO, I wouldn't risk waiting to order, if you know the M6 Wagon is the car for you. There's a lot of rumor on the Internet, and very little fact.

It's also a gripe against Cadillac: let's make it a total @$#&ing mystery on when a product is available or can be ordered! Lol. It's almost like they don't really want people to place an order...
    Yeah it is kind of strange. I am in discussion with my local dealer to order a manual V wagon, and I almost have to talk them into it. It is like GM doesn't really want to make them and the dealers don't really want to sell them. My dealer got burned on the one or two regular CTS wagons they had and don't want to go near a unicorn like a manual V wagon. I know there are dealers out there that specialize in Vs, but I'd prefer to use my local dealer if possible.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    Ordinarily, I follow that advice myself. This guy has been right on target in the past, however. He's also a V owner and his dealership specializes in selling Vs.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneCrab View Post
    Yeah it is kind of strange. I am in discussion with my local dealer to order a manual V wagon, and I almost have to talk them into it. It is like GM doesn't really want to make them and the dealers don't really want to sell them. My dealer got burned on the one or two regular CTS wagons they had and don't want to go near a unicorn like a manual V wagon. I know there are dealers out there that specialize in Vs, but I'd prefer to use my local dealer if possible.
    My local dealer required a non-refundable 10% deposit when I ordered a year ago. That was more because I ordered an OBM; they would have ordered a Black Raven (yuck) if they'd ordered one on spec. Luckily, I was as serious as a heart attack as I ordered and I didn't even flinch in providing said deposit. Now celebrating a whole year with my 6MT OBM wagon next week, woot!

camaroz06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just wanted to bump this old post. Do you guys think the sedans going to end up being the least produced CTS-Vs for 2014? Or do you think it'll be sedan > coupe > wagon? Itd be interesting to see the wagon the most produced this year.

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 MN6 V Coupe, 2015i Escalade on Order

Quote Originally Posted by camaroz06 View Post
    I just wanted to bump this old post. Do you guys think the sedans going to end up being the least produced CTS-Vs for 2014? Or do you think it'll be sedan > coupe > wagon? Itd be interesting to see the wagon the most produced this year.
    There are still a lot of V sedans on dealer lots currently. The demand for V sedans has died down a lot since they have been out since the end of the 2008 calendar year as 2009 models. Since orders of V Coupes and V Wagons are still being placed and accepted by GM, those are the V models that seem to be in greater demand. It is very tough to know what the breakdown is on the V body styles since GM will NOT release the info.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.