Rear End Noise & 40 mph Shutter
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Rear End Noise & 40 mph Shutter in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hi! Does anyone have any knowledge of the above subject issues?? I have a 2009 CTS V w/ 14000 miles, ...
    556fun is online now Cadillac Owners Member

Rear End Noise & 40 mph Shutter

Hi!
    Does anyone have any knowledge of the above subject issues??

I have a 2009 CTS V w/ 14000 miles, the rear end is pretty loud only under a load & the transmission seems to have a couple problems.
    1) When driving around 40 mph the car jerks fore/aft, it seems / feels like the torque converter is locking up or confused at that speed?
    2) When driving on the expressway. If I move to pass someone & the transmission downshifts, it seems to hang up or stay in 5th gear for a lot longer then it should, this is happening after my foot is off the gas??

Any past history would be a big help!

Thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Rear End Noise & 40 mph Shutter

Quote Originally Posted by 556fun View Post
    Hi!
    Does anyone have any knowledge of the above subject issues??

I have a 2009 CTS V w/ 14000 miles, the rear end is pretty loud only under a load & the transmission seems to have a couple problems.
    1) When driving around 40 mph the car jerks fore/aft, it seems / feels like the torque converter is locking up or confused at that speed?
    2) When driving on the expressway. If I move to pass someone & the transmission downshifts, it seems to hang up or stay in 5th gear for a lot longer then it should, this is happening after my foot is off the gas??

Any past history would be a big help!

Thx
    Hello 556fun,

Welcome to Cadillac Owners! I apologize for the vehicle concerns you are experiencing. If you are willing to bring your vehicle into a local Cadillac dealer for a diagnosis, please let me know. Send me a private message or email to socialmedia@gm.com that includes your full contact information and VIN. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    The rear diff carriers are being replaced under warranty left and right for humming or groaning around 40 MPH. Are you under any warranty coverage? Caddy dealers are well aware of this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapspeed
    The rear diff carriers are being replaced under warranty left and right for humming or groaning around 40 MPH. Are you under any warranty coverage? Caddy dealers are well aware of this issue.
    Lol!!
    I just picked it up from the Cadillac dealer, The Service manager said that's a common "supercharger noise".

I agreed w/ him that the supercharger does make noise but not from the back of the car...
    I'm already tired of dealing w/ the dealer, waist of my time.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I can't stomach time...

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by 556fun
    Lol!! I just picked it up from the Cadillac dealer, The Service manager said that's a common "supercharger noise". I agreed w/ him that the supercharger does make noise but not from the back of the car... I'm already tired of dealing w/ the dealer, waist of my time.
    They're clueless. Try someone else. Had the rear end diff and blower ordered for me and never had the writer even look at the car. Did it sight unseen.
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    I can't stomach time...
    Nice. Not even over a Sam Adams?

Lol!!
    I just picked it up from the Cadillac dealer, The Service manager said that's a common "supercharger noise".

I agreed w/ him that the supercharger does make noise but not from the back of the car...
    I'm already tired of dealing w/ the dealer, waist of my time.
    Hi 556fun,

If you would like to further discuss your situation, don't hesitate to contact me. I am sorry if you are unsatisfied with the dealer you are working with.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc

Hi 556fun,

If you would like to further discuss your situation, don't hesitate to contact me. I am sorry if you are unsatisfied with the dealer you are working with.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Laura,
    I sent an email to the below address, I'm not sure how to send a private email?
    mailto:socialmedia@gm.com
    Thx
    Kevin

Laura,
    I sent an email to the below address, I'm not sure how to send a private email?
    mailto:socialmedia@gm.com
    Thx
    Kevin
    Hello Kevin,

We can be contacted via private message by the tab that is located at the top of this forum. I believe I just received your email from you and sent you a response.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.