Got an odd wobble/sway back and forth on hard exceleration
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Got an odd wobble/sway back and forth on hard exceleration in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; What could this be. I have no whine from the rear diff but I suspect its not keeping up. Does ...
  1. #1
    CavemanB52's Avatar
    CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    963

    Got an odd wobble/sway back and forth on hard exceleration

    What could this be. I have no whine from the rear diff but I suspect its not keeping up. Does it need to be flushed or is something else broken?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    CavemanB52's Avatar
    CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    963
    Maybe a bushing in the suspension fell out?

  4. #3
    CavemanB52's Avatar
    CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    963
    Anyone even have a clue what this might be? It doesn't do this all the time. But I do notice its more likely to happen after a hard shift. M6

  5. #4
    austin's Avatar
    austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,745
    I would drop it off at the dealer. It could be;

    (1) A slightly Bent rear Rim.
    (2) A Rear CV Joint failing.
    (3) A bad rear tire where the belt has shifted.

  6. #5
    CavemanB52's Avatar
    CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    I would drop it off at the dealer. It could be;

    (1) A slightly Bent rear Rim.
    (2) A Rear CV Joint failing.
    (3) A bad rear tire where the belt has shifted.
    I have new tires all around. Never hit or ran over anything to have a bent rim. But I do plan on taking it in to see what's going on. Really weird symptom though.

  7. #6
    CavemanB52's Avatar
    CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    963
    Really? No one else has had this? A CV joint does sound very possible. I'm the only one who has had this issue. I guess that's a good thing.

  8. #7
    Haze is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V Wagon
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    96

    Re: Got an odd wobble/sway back and forth on hard exceleration

    Could be a blown shock. I had one go on the left rear, and it made the car drive pretty squirmy. Take it in.

  9. #8
    CavemanB52's Avatar
    CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    Could be a blown shock. I had one go on the left rear, and it made the car drive pretty squirmy. Take it in.
    Thanks. I'm sure its something simple. I just was surprised it wasn't more common. I guess I'm a little hard on my car but I just can't help it.

  10. #9
    Haze is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V Wagon
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    96

    Re: Got an odd wobble/sway back and forth on hard exceleration

    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52 View Post
    Thanks. I'm sure its something simple. I just was surprised it wasn't more common. I guess I'm a little hard on my car but I just can't help it.
    I'm not too hard on my car, and I have read about others having shocks go. I checked mine myself to find oil all over it before I took it in so I could tell the dealer exactly what to do. They weren't too happy about it, but it was bad.

  11. #10
    CavemanB52's Avatar
    CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post

    I'm not too hard on my car, and I have read about others having shocks go. I checked mine myself to find oil all over it before I took it in so I could tell the dealer exactly what to do. They weren't too happy about it, but it was bad.
    Did they warranty it?

  12. #11
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,520

    Re: Got an odd wobble/sway back and forth on hard exceleration

    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52 View Post
    What could this be. I have no whine from the rear diff but I suspect its not keeping up. Does it need to be flushed or is something else broken?
    Hello CavemanB52,

    After reading the thread I see you are willing to bring your vehicle into your dealer. I apologize for the vehicle concerns you are experiencing. If you would like our assistance while working with the dealer, please let us know. Contact us via private message and include your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealer name.

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  13. #12
    CavemanB52's Avatar
    CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post

    Hello CavemanB52,

    After reading the thread I see you are willing to bring your vehicle into your dealer. I apologize for the vehicle concerns you are experiencing. If you would like our assistance while working with the dealer, please let us know. Contact us via private message and include your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealer name.

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    At the dearler now. Hopefully its something simple that just needs to be tightened. Or a simple part replacement. Ill let you all know.

  14. #13
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,520

    Re: Got an odd wobble/sway back and forth on hard exceleration

    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52 View Post
    At the dearler now. Hopefully its something simple that just needs to be tightened. Or a simple part replacement. Ill let you all know.
    Thank you, CavemanB52. I will be on the lookout for any messages from you.

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  15. #14
    JFJr's Avatar
    JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Age
    71
    Posts
    1,431

    Re: Got an odd wobble/sway back and forth on hard exceleration

    Have you had the tie rod TSB done? There have been reports by forum members spinning out because the nuts were loose.

    Jud
    Jud

  16. #15
    CavemanB52's Avatar
    CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    Have you had the tie rod TSB done? There have been reports by forum members spinning out because the nuts were loose.

    Jud
    Not sure. But I doubt that is the issue based off the symptoms I had. I took it in to the dealer and changed the rear diff fluid just to do it. The mechanic inspected everything and tightened up the sway bar and solved all the issues. I guess I just loosened the sway bar. Somehow. No cost and everything is all better. Thanks cadillac of las vegas for doing a good job that didn't cost me anything.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting