CTS V to XTS Vsport - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS V to XTS Vsport in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I concur on waiting for the CTS Vsport versus the XTS. You know the XTS is based on the Chevrolet ...
    quikag is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 White Diamond CTS-V Sedan, '10 Cyber Gray ZR1

Re: CTS V to XTS Vsport

I concur on waiting for the CTS Vsport versus the XTS. You know the XTS is based on the Chevrolet Malibu platform right? That is why AWD is required because you can't run 400+hp through a FWD drivetrain. I drove a loaded XTS V6 (300ish hp) (mag suspension, digital dash, etc.) for over 600 miles and it's a great riding, very smooth and quiet platform, but it's for people who don't care about performance. If you care at all wait for the RWD platform CTS Vsport, or better yet, wait for the full blown V3 CTS-V.

stabie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V wagon

XTS is based on epsilon II(Impala), not epsilon(malibu), although the XTS predates the Impala.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Quote Originally Posted by quikag View Post
    I concur on waiting for the CTS Vsport versus the XTS. You know the XTS is based on the Chevrolet Malibu platform right? That is why AWD is required because you can't run 400+hp through a FWD drivetrain.
    IIRC, peak torque of the XTS Vsport is significantly less than the CTS Vsport, surely to protect the drivetrain.

--Yep, 61 lbft less -- 369 versus 430.

Interesting article dyno-testing the CTS Vsport, XTS Vsport, and present CTS-V on Edmunds:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/t...no-tested.html

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by nsaness View Post
    my wife was coming out of an STS-V, and wanted a new (larger) XTS Vsport as well. A thorough test drive solved that problem for me! The XTS Vsport did not handle very well (in our opinion). The wife is now driving a 2014 CTS-V (like mine), and we are anxiously awaiting the next generation CTS-V.....
    Hello nsaness,

I am very glad to hear that test drive was able to help in the decision. I apologize that you and your wife did not feel the XTS Vsport did not handle well. Thank you for loyalty to our product and choosing a 2014 CTS-V! If you would like me to pass along some of your feedback regarding how the XTS Vsport handled, please feel free to reach out to me via private message.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    ^^^^^
    The XTS is a large car by comparison and has a commodious rear seat.
    Does that mean I can take a dump in it?
    (Yes, I had to Google it lol)

stabie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V wagon

Even more interesting is in the comments section of your edmund's reference. The ECU is dialing back the engine significantly. Tuner's dream I suspect.

"... I can't wait to start tuning them as based upon the way ECU is limiting the output in stock form, this engine will easily pump out 500+ lbs-ft of torque and 460-480 hp with minimal mods/tuning and should come close to matching the old CTS-V acceleration wise when doing so (I own a 2010 CTS-V 6MT myself). And as JK said, what does this tell us about the next CTS-V? Can't wait."

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    IIRC, peak torque of the XTS Vsport is significantly less than the CTS Vsport, surely to protect the drivetrain.

--Yep, 61 lbft less -- 369 versus 430.

Interesting article dyno-testing the CTS Vsport, XTS Vsport, and present CTS-V on Edmunds:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/t...no-tested.html

nsaness is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)

The XTS Vsport was a great car in every way. However, it is a differnt car than the CTS-V, and less of a "performance car". If we consider that the two cars are at a similar price point. I can't understand why anyone would not choose the CTS-V...

austincts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None..yet

Drive the XTS VSport....it really is a wonderful car. The fit and finish are easily on par with Mercedes (last gen S class...not the just released version). Ride was great, it looks the part.

Is it a sports sedan? No. The XTS-V is possibly the best car on the marekt for driving in isolation and total comfort....

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by nsaness
    The XTS Vsport was a great car in every way. However, it is a differnt car than the CTS-V, and less of a "performance car". If we consider that the two cars are at a similar price point. I can't understand why anyone would not choose the CTS-V...
    The need or desire for AWD would be a reason.

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V

AWD would be a deal-maker for me. Trying to tune it for more HP because the factory tune wasn't enough would be a deal-breaker for me though. I enjoy keeping my warranty, and having the HP. However, the AWD would make an excellent option for a winter driven car, and nothing short of the Cadillac XTS-Vsport would be my choice for that. I bet a full-blown XTS-V (non Vsport) would be a CTS-V3 competitor. Going to set up a test drive for an XTS-Vsport, since it is winter here, but I think the dry road performance would eliminate the possibility of purchasing one for me. It's the biggest, most boat-like Cadillac they sell. Makes it for old people

Thomas H is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Black Diamond Vsport. Sold 2010 CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by austincts-v View Post
    Drive the XTS VSport....it really is a wonderful car. The fit and finish are easily on par with Mercedes (last gen S class...not the just released version). Ride was great, it looks the part.

Is it a sports sedan? No. The XTS-V is possibly the best car on the marekt for driving in isolation and total comfort....
    That's what I'm talking about, it was the ride quality. Okay, a little background. I came from a C6 to the V and I'm thinking the natural progression would be the XTS Vsport. I don't keep my cars forever. Don't get me wrong I love the power of the V, just looking for the next one.

I think the Cadillac ELR would be the natural progression.

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

as long as the "natural progression" means the progression from being young and vital to being a boring old geezer, I agree completely.

I think you have that backwards. Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the average age of the Corvette buyer

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.