How many miles per year do you drive your CTS-V? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: How many miles per year do you drive your CTS-V?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - 5000 miles

19 28.36%
  • 5000 - 10000 miles

22 32.84%
  • 10000 - 15000 miles

16 23.88%
  • 15000 - 20000 miles

7 10.45%
  • >20000 miles

3 4.48%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, How many miles per year do you drive your CTS-V? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I'm at 12,000 in 5 months. Long drive to work but it's worth every mile. The days I do it ...
    spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    I'm at 12,000 in 5 months. Long drive to work but it's worth every mile. The days I do it in other cars are painful. The V just devours highway.
    neuronbob likes this.

vfaninva is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    My 2013 V coupe has gone just over 5,000 miles since I bought it last October. It is my dd, but we split other trips with my wife's car. Seriously considering buying a beater to take over dd duties and save miles on the V.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: How many miles per year do you drive your CTS-V?

Quote Originally Posted by vfaninva View Post
    Seriously considering buying a beater to take over dd duties and save miles on the V.
    Me, too. While I may do it, I just can't keep my hands off the V, it is too fun to drive.

StoneCrab is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    I'm at 12,000 in 5 months. Long drive to work but it's worth every mile. The days I do it in other cars are painful. The V just devours highway.
    I'm considering getting back into a V and would put about 25k miles/year on the car. It isn't my only car but would see most of the miles. I wasn't sure if anyone else is putting that kind of miles on the car.

I've owned several performance cars but they always have been the 'other' car and I daily drive something much more boring. The one consistent thing with all of the performance cars I've owned is that I wish I drove them more. Worry over mileage and wear, just to keep it nice for the next guy doesn't make much sense. Life is too short to drive a boring car!

vfaninva is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneCrab View Post

I'm considering getting back into a V and would put about 25k miles/year on the car. It isn't my only car but would see most of the miles. I wasn't sure if anyone else is putting that kind of miles on the car.

I've owned several performance cars but they always have been the 'other' car and I daily drive something much more boring. The one consistent thing with all of the performance cars I've owned is that I wish I drove them more. Worry over mileage and wear, just to keep it nice for the next guy doesn't make much sense. Life is too short to drive a boring car!
    I love driving my V too. I just want it look good when we are buried together!

shortshift is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneCrab View Post

I have 3 vehicles and drive about 35k miles a year. 25k of those in my V coupe. I feel that I am going to get my enjoyment out of the car as frequently as I can. What would I save it for?
    My guess is I will be getting the next generation V coupe when available and wear that one out as well.
    Previous joy ride was a BMW 650 which I put 78k on in under 3 years.
    Why wouldn't you!!

rjh
    rjh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 ctsv coupe

When you get to 65, every trip should be a pleasure. Mine is a daily driver and goes about 15k per year. Why not enjoy each trip?

nsaness is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)

My V is a company car and I live 67 miles away from work (and I work Saturdays too). I put on about +/- 38,000 miles a year. I trade the cars in at 70,000 miles, so I get a new one about every 21 to 23 months. I am on my 4th company V so far...

cts-v ls6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

My 2010 V M6 is my company car. I have 109K miles on her and drive about 50K miles per year. Love everything except the mileage.

Jack

JFJr is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

15,000 - 18,000 per year; currently at 86,000 miles. The best car that I have ever owned. Besides the wonderful performance, the things that stand out are the great steering feel (this is a Cadillac?) and what a superior trip car it is (comfortable, smooth, solid and confidence-inspiring). I hate driving rental cars or loaners.

Jud
    neuronbob likes this.

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by cts-v ls6 View Post
    My 2010 V M6 is my company car. I have 109K miles on her and drive about 50K miles per year. Love everything except the mileage.

Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    15,000 - 18,000 per year; currently at 86,000 miles. The best car that I have ever owned. Besides the wonderful performance, the things that stand out are the great steering feel (this is a Cadillac?) and what a superior trip car it is (comfortable, smooth, solid and confidence-inspiring). I hate driving rental cars or loaners.

Jud
    Can you guys with high mileage cars comment on how they are aging? Leather wear, oil usage, shock wear, squeaks and rattles, brake pad life, etc., etc., etc...

JFJr is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

Quote Originally Posted by FLTRI View Post
    Can you guys with high mileage cars comment on how they are aging? Leather wear, oil usage, shock wear, squeaks and rattles, brake pad life, etc., etc., etc...
    I never have to add oil before routine changes (5-6,000 mile intervals); my Recaros are wearing very well and I wear jeans a lot; no sqeaks or rattles; still on the original brake rotors, pads and clutch; the shocks seem fine but I haven't inspected them; all belts are original and good; front wheel clicking was fixed at around 6,000 miles and hasn't returned; replaced the hood strut but haven't had to replace the trunk struts yet. The black interior plastic trim has some very fine hairline scratches, but they don't bother me. I change all fluids and filters on schedule and don't track the car. I think that driving it every day helps with reliability. I have it detailed every 10-14 days, so it looks like new.

Jud

Jinx is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

I have 8,000 miles already, in just over 5 months. There's a 3,000-mile road trip in there, but even discounting that I am significantly above normal. I haven't even done any pleasure excursions since the road trip; I just can't stop driving it. I used to take the bus to work once or twice a week, but I think I've been on the bus three times since getting Cadillac style.

A lot of it is the back seat. If the guys are going out to lunch -- I can drive now. If there's a meeting at Corporate -- I'll drive. No, really, I don't mind. (At least those I get reimbursement for.)

Some of it is the fact that it's not just fun to drive, it's luxurious, and by that I mean quiet. I've not had that before.

I really need to dial it back.

I'll start tomorrow.

nsaness is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)

With my (4) V cars, I have never had a single repair, rattle, or even a dealer visit (except for oil changes). However, since they force me to trade them in at 70,000 miles, I would not expect any issues. Everyone knows the story of a friend with X brand who had nothing but trouble with X model car, but my experience is that most modern cars are repair free beyond 100,000 miles.
    I can say that I drag race, autocross, and drive my cars pretty hard (since I know I won't have to keep them), so I think in general, the CTS-V has proven to be a "reliable" car when driven hard. They certainly don't turn into rattle traps like my 2000 Camaro SS did

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post

Jud
    Hello Jud,

This is great to hear! I am glad your ownership experience with your '09 CTS-V has been positive. Continue to enjoy your awesome Cadillac! If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.