V production numbers! At least some numbers. - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree4Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, V production numbers! At least some numbers. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by DiamondWhtV Can anyone spot the trend? No. Please explicitly state the trend you think you see. The ...
    Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Re: V production numbers! At least some numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondWhtV View Post
    Can anyone spot the trend?
    No. Please explicitly state the trend you think you see.

The CTS-V is a halo car. It created tremendous goodwill for the Cadillac brand and GM as a whole at a time when it was desperately needed. The fact that they sold many thousand examples is just icing on the cake.

StoneCrab is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    I don't know - the more impressive and exclusive a vehicle, the more it costs and conversely the less you're likely to sell.

How many more v6 or "entry" level V8 Mustangs does Ford sell relative to the GT500?

It's not just about performance and features - it's also the pricepoint. We all agree that Cadillac did a great job with the CTSV both in Sedan, Wagon and Coupe forms (the coupe being arguably the least competitive relative to other 2-door vehicles). But in reality, they sell a metric shit ton more CTS variants (as in hundreds of thousands more) because they are more affordable... like an entry level mustang.

Halo cars are more about presence than they are about volume. My question is: what will be Cadillac's Halo car?
    I agree! Here is my prediction. CTS-V (version 3) will remain Cadillac's ultimate performance halo, more than ATS-V.

It will have a supercharged 6.2 liter based on the next high-po C7 motor.
    It will have between 600-650 HP
    It will have VVT and cylinder deactivation, and maybe some variable supercharger magic to reduce parasitic losses
    It will not be anywhere near as tuneable as the LSA (at least not for a while)
    It will not be available until late calendar 2015
    It will not be available with a true manual transmission (I hope I am wrong about this one. It may have a DCT)
    It will start at $79k and option into the $90s MSRP
    There will be no coupe or wagon variant
    It will be a monster, eclipsing the M5 and AMG E
    neuronbob likes this.

Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondWhtV View Post
    Thanks for the numbers, very interesting....but.....

2009......3035 total production
    2010......1746 total production
    2011......5704 total production
    2012......4873 total production
    2013......3068 total production

Can anyone spot the trend?

Seriously wondering what the design team at GM is thinking. I know the CTS-V for 2015 (or maybe 2016) is just around the corner, but I wonder what they will come up with to turn that market share around. It will certainly have to be very impressive, much more than the current GEN 2 already is. Obviously something big is coming, or the V series would have been dropped. It doesn't take an MBA to figure out that something will have to be done one way or the other. Exciting times we live in, that's for sure.
    Seems to follow the standard product lifecycle to me.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneCrab
    I agree! Here is my prediction. CTS-V (version 3) will remain Cadillac's ultimate performance halo, more than ATS-V. It will have a supercharged 6.2 liter based on the next high-po C7 motor. It will have between 600-650 HP It will have VVT and cylinder deactivation, and maybe some variable supercharger magic to reduce parasitic losses It will not be anywhere near as tuneable as the LSA (at least not for a while) It will not be available until late calendar 2015 It will not be available with a true manual transmission (I hope I am wrong about this one. It may have a DCT) It will start at $79k and option into the $90s MSRP There will be no coupe or wagon variant It will be a monster, eclipsing the M5 and AMG E
    Agree mostly but I smell turbos, not a supercharger. We shall see.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

CAD renders and a photo exist of the new Corvette's supercharged engine. I doubt that GM will develop a supercharged LT1 for Corette and a turbocharged LT1 for Cadillac. Possible, but unlikely.

Rick Moroso is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon

Sweet info, thanks for posting!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.