Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their website
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their website in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I'm happy with my 2013 CTS-V but not very happy with General Motors. There presently is no 6.2 liter v8 ...
    Toronto_cadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their website

I'm happy with my 2013 CTS-V but not very happy with General Motors. There presently is no 6.2 liter v8 for 2014 so why did they post it on their website and make it look like you can buy the high output V8. Why would they even call the 2014 a V when its nothing close to previous editions. They cheapen the brand and they cheapen themselves by doing this. No wonder the Germans are always considered as above them in quality and everything else. No class and plain stupid.
    http://www.cadillac.com/cts-v-luxury-sedan.html
    RobF300 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Re: Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their websi

You can buy a 2014 V with a V8 and 556hp. It's still the Gen 2. The Gen 3 has not been announced yet.
    timg and IBMike like this.

Toronto_cadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Re: Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their websi

No that is not true. There is no 2014 v8. The factory does not make a V8. Its a v6 turbo.
    RobF300 likes this.

neuronbob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
    Sorry OP, but spearfish is correct. The 2014 CTS-V is a continuation of the second generation CTS-V. The builds are winding down as the new third generation CTS production starts. The third generation CTS-V has not been announced yet. You can ALSO buy a CTS-V Sport with the twin turbo V6.

In short, you can buy BOTH a 556 hp V8 AND a TTV6 for 2014.

Confusing? For noobies, yes.

For those who want a brand new 2G CTS-V, your time is running out.
    Tedboss1 and timg like this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_cadillac View Post
    I'm happy with my 2013 CTS-V but not very happy with General Motors. There presently is no 6.2 liter v8 for 2014 so why did they post it on their website and make it look like you can buy the high output V8. Why would they even call the 2014 a V when its nothing close to previous editions. They cheapen the brand and they cheapen themselves by doing this. No wonder the Germans are always considered as above them in quality and everything else. No class and plain stupid.
    http://www.cadillac.com/cts-v-luxury-sedan.html
    I'm quoting this so you can't come back and edit later. No class and stupid? Wonder who that applies to??

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_cadillac View Post
    No that is not true. There is no 2014 v8. The factory does not make a V8. Its a v6 turbo.
    hahaha
    RippyPartsDept, timg and IBMike like this.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_cadillac

You have 14 posts. Sit back and learn something before spewing "facts" you can't back up. We are here to learn from each other. Join in. Plenty of folks here who have been in the V game a long time.
    odla, Tedboss1 and IBMike like this.

pato is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V
    Looks like the OP is sometimes Goofy

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Like buying a manual and then being mad at GM for saying it was just as fast in the quarter-mile when the top time ever might have been posted by an automatic? Yeah.

OP, don't lead with anger.

taken is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V

Wow, subscribed. LOL. Waiting for the edit or admission of ignorance...

Quote Originally Posted by taken
    Wow, subscribed. LOL. Waiting for the edit or admission of ignorance...
    If there's a shred of respect to be had, hopefully the latter. We shall see. Plus, Jim has the other base covered.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

It's weird with GM, They still list the 2012 Chevy Colorado under Chevy Trucks and the have not made that truck in a couple of years, strange. http://www.chevrolet.com/

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

14 posts, just make another screename and start over , lol

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I had to explain the Gen 2/gen 3 thing last week to a friend of mine who is not a V guy but who has an MBA. He had trouble understanding the financial aspects of keeping the Gen 2 alive for the low volume V, but he understood the concept of the "halo" or branding benefits of having a V series (not a diluted Vsport) available. Especially in view of the fact that the Gen 2 is.....awesome. I'm sure that the Gen 3 will be awesome, too, but the differences between the Gen 2 and Gen 3 CTS are much more subtle (IMO) than between the Gen 1 and Gen 2.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF300
    14 posts, just make another screename and start over , lol
    Love it.
    RogersV likes this.

oaktownraider is offline Cadillac Owners Member

So that 2014 v I just bought doesn't have a 556 hp v8? shit I knew there was something up they gave me that cad too easily haha
    BreakThrough and Tedboss1 like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.