Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their website

25K views 229 replies 45 participants last post by  Guy.Seminerio 
#1 ·
I'm happy with my 2013 CTS-V but not very happy with General Motors. There presently is no 6.2 liter v8 for 2014 so why did they post it on their website and make it look like you can buy the high output V8. Why would they even call the 2014 a V when its nothing close to previous editions. They cheapen the brand and they cheapen themselves by doing this. No wonder the Germans are always considered as above them in quality and everything else. No class and plain stupid.
http://www.cadillac.com/cts-v-luxury-sedan.html

#36 ·
I can just see each of us checking our email and finding another update to this thread. Our eyes slowly going down until we see the author of the new post. Yes, indeed, it's the OP. We race to click the link and let the enlightenment begin... hoping its a touch of shame and humility. Maybe even a sense of humor. Then we read the new post. Our eyes race to the end not believing what they are reading. Then the real dilemma begins. How in the world to reply. We all seem to have handled it in a different way, none more right than the other. But wait, Jim hasn't seen it yet... what will he think... Will Katie address his concerns? What's next??? The anticipation is killing me...

#39 ·
I'm sorry man, but your out to lunch and fooling yourself. Gmwas broke which means even Americans were not buying the cars. The German cars are making record profits. They know how to brand and if you have the money you can get whatever you want from the factory. They don't discontinue good things. Regardless of how many are sold,if you want a certain car they will build it for you. GM just stopped making the V8 in the sedan but still call a car with 100HP less as a V. You don't know what your talking about. Im happy with my Cts- V 2013 Sedan (not the 2014) but I did not want to spend another $30k for a German car that was just a bit better. But to be truthful,if I had the money I would go with A high end German car. Too say their cars are waterred down is plain stupid and your a hick from the country. And don't get me started on where its better to live as you probably have never been out of your own hick town bro.

#40 · (Edited)
OK, here goes again. The Europeans that get you so happy in pants, do the same with the M5 and the Msport. So, by your own line of thinking, GM has done a good thing by copying them. Secondly, GM hasn't discontinued anything you dolt. They are currently redesigning the V. They have in the past given the model a year off between the V1 and V2 and instead chose to give us the 2014 V while we wait for the new model. The new V8 V will show up in another year with more HP than our current 556. Oh, and if you knew anything about German cars as you claim you would know that the M disappears every few years for a year or so as they redesign. Maybe you should head to bimmerfest the next time it happens and tell all the members how mickeymouse BMW is for discontinuing the M5. As for small town, yes I do live in a small town. Not because I've never left. I've been to more than half of our states and 4 other countries (one of them yours). I always liked Robin Williams' take on Canada. They are like a loft apartment over a really great party where the guy just keeps yelling for everyone to keep it down. Anyways, I travel extensively for pleasure. However, I choose not to live in a large city as it would increase my chances of meeting asshats like you on a daily basis.

So, lets get the storyline straight. First you are mad the new V comes with a turbo 6 and there is no more V8. Then you find out both are available so you are mad that they watered down the brand. Then you find out lots of other auto makers do the same including your beloved BMW. So, now you are mad that they will discontinue the V V8 next year. What will you do when you find out now that the V3 will indeed have a V8 and even more HP than the current 556??? You must be running out of things to call mickymouse eh? I threw in the "eh" to French it up so you could understand my small town American speak.

In closing, I think most on this board would agree that it's time for you to stay off mommy and daddy's computer and go back down into the basement and play some Xbox...

#47 ·
With my 2013 Cadillac CTS-V it scratched much more easily and the paint seemed very thin, on the Mercedes I've scraped up against a few times now and it does not get damage from a simple thing like the Cadillac did, it seems like the coat of paint is much more thick. Just my opinion though.

#48 ·
it seems like the coat of paint is much more thick. Just my opinion though.
Lol.

Really solid argument there. I'm convinced. I'm going to shell out another fifty grand for an E63. F it I want mink fur for carpet and cheetah skin on the roof too.

Moronic Humble Opinion. IMHO

----------

I'm sorry man, but your out to lunch and fooling yourself. Gmwas broke which means even Americans were not buying the cars. The German cars are making record profits. They know how to brand and if you have the money you can get whatever you want from the factory. They don't discontinue good things. Regardless of how many are sold,if you want a certain car they will build it for you. GM just stopped making the V8 in the sedan but still call a car with 100HP less as a V. You don't know what your talking about. Im happy with my Cts- V 2013 Sedan (not the 2014) but I did not want to spend another $30k for a German car that was just a bit better. But to be truthful,if I had the money I would go with A high end German car. Too say their cars are waterred down is plain stupid and your a hick from the country. And don't get me started on where its better to live as you probably have never been out of your own hick town bro.
How did we become hicks for correcting your idiotic statments bro?

----------

BTW. What town in the large northern 51st state isn't a hick town?

#53 ·
C'mon. BAABOO. He deserved it after the first statement. We tried to explain its a common mistake and he just kept coming at the brick wall like a retard with a mission. 1997 is just being a typical troll who is trying to justify his over expenditure on a merc. He is harmless and been around a long time. This Canadian might hurt somebody. Apparently Americans are hicks. I'm personally offended. Cause my grandma was a half hick twice removed . So I'm at least 1/16 hick. And and that Canadian is just plain racist.

Also he knows nothing about cars but like a squirrel with a nut he manged to buy a V. He's like our own Forest Gump.

Can we keep um!? Please!?

I promise ill feed him...

----------

I had no idea Benzes were immune to scrapes and scratches. You'd think they would be marketing the hell out of a feature like that.
F-in perfect for buyer's remorse boy.

#55 ·
I think this thread should be stickied as well as being required reading as a prerequisite for anybody joining this forum from now on... you know, something like having to check the box indicating agreement to the terms of service, but in reality, it would mean having read every post in the thread. :contract:

Best regards,

Elie

#60 ·
I was at a gas station this morning with my V and a guy came up asking me if my car was a stick and that he loves V's. He kept saying how 'bad ass' it looks asked me if I bought it new and where I bought it. Nobody ever came up to our late model MB and asked anything about it. I did have to go through 2 bottles of touch up paint because of constant scratches appearing all the time, the car was black. The crappy paint was nothing compared to a million electric problems (like I mentioned before many times) we had with the MB. Good riddance, absolutely enjoying my V!

#71 ·
My big dilemma is when my V lease is up in about 17 months is getting a Sierra or Yukon Denali which my wife REALLY wants me back in an SUV/truck and I wouldn't mind it as then I could tow my ZR1 to track events instead of borrowing my Mom's Avalance and letting her rip around in the V for the weekend. Problem is, I've fallen in love with my '12 V. On an 80 mile stretch coming back from Houston early this week I averaged 103mph and got right at 13mpg. That average was slow down for the light traffic and then speeding back up sometimes up to 125-130mph. Traffic was very light, it was mid afternoon with incredible sightlines (no cops and very smooth roads). The car was just incredibly stable and confidence inspiring. This thing is a true autobahn missile. Rpms' were humming right around 3,000rpm in 6th gear (automatic) just over 100mph and it felt effortless.

I'll miss that effortless power and stability if I do end up getting a new Yukon or Sierra Denali when my lease is up. Best option is to buy a nice stripper truck for track events, Home Depot runs and get a V3 CTS-V. :D :D :D Need more parking space though and need to convince wife.

Thanks for reading.

Oh, OP you're an idiot and ETC, can't believe you continue to dry hump your Mercedes on a Cadillac board. Move on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.